General Yuzuru Chat

From Sendai tourist information 
sendainokeq.jpg
https://www.instagram.com/p/Ccon0U-Pq_N/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

"On this day four years ago, there was a parade to honor Yuzuru Hanyu in Sendai, where over 100,000 people gathered to celebrate his victory."

"Today, we will start displaying his life-sized panel at our information desk and also prepare a notebook so that everyone can leave a message or a comment. Please visit us and feel free to take a photo with him and share your travel memories in the notebook. We sincerely hope you have a great time here in Sendai!"

Happy 4 years anniversary of the parade in Sendai.:loveshower:

68747470733a2f2f73332e9kgi.gif

x

On 4/5/2022 at 10:28 AM, Anni said:

New goods from ANA

There is now also a short video about this goods:

[NEWS]

3 hours ago, Mary_kyo said:

Watched it at least 3 times already. The amount of skating skills in this 40 seconds is more than all the said medalists skills combined together.  

Thank you! When watching it without any knowledge about fs and stsq or choreo the program and the performance seem beautiful, ethereal and effortless, full of emotions and simply breathtaking. After learning a bit about skating skills this comes as a masterpiece  packed with difficult steps and transitions, the famous almost non-existence of crossovers.  

This would normally deserve a WR. We only saw it performed twice, think what this programme can potentially be if he improves it, and brings it to an even more impossible level. I dare to think we haven't seen it all yet. 

2 hours ago, Anabel said:

He's already made the "small" change when landing 3A in Beijing, so yeah, I also dare to think that Rondo hasn't been seen in all his glory yet.

:iagree:  with you, he will further refine this wonderful Rondo and costume question = SURPRISE maybe :peek:

A little HS, for once and it's my G&Gs performing at the ice rink which is 70 KM from my home on the French team's tour and when I wanted to go to the ticket office: too late SOLD OUT  :/ and to hear Mr LEO FERRE, it's an honor and their FS as a gift (for me)  :10815002: and here's a tribute for mom YUMI who always accompanies her son and she is his manager at his personal management office and his family never appears at the Japan, because they believe they are just his supporters and souldn'nt be stood them out more than him (I copied a comment, you guessed it) and I said RESPECT the HANYU family and she takes care of him 

On 4/20/2022 at 8:19 AM, lajoitko said:

Sorry, I don't have answers to all of your questions but regarding the GP series I know this. The spots are assigned based on Worlds results so that top 1-12 are guaranteed two spots. Top three can express their hope and wishes where to compete, but if all three wants to have the same competition, compromises are made. Usually the 1-3 and 4-6 are kept on separate competitions. The rest of the spots are given according to world standings and season best scores. ISU has not yet updated the world standings for the next season, but Yuzu will be quite low in the standings due to not competing much during the last two seasons. But if he chooses to compete, there should be no problem for him to get two competitions.

Overall, many things are still open regarding the next season. We know that Chen and Zhou are likely to skip at least GP season and concentrating on their studies. There is huge uncertainty if the Russian skaters are able to compete at all and how the possible Russian ban will affect on other skaters (mainly on Kvitelashvili who has been training with Eteri). Also who will host Russia's GP competition? And was there some rumor how China would loose their GP due to COVID restrictions or was I just dreaming? And the biggest question mark is Yuzuru himself. There are too many missing pieces right now and thinking about it just makes my head hurt.

Thank you for this information! :thanks: Now that JSF has put Yuzu officially on the list, it may become relevant again this summer. :agree2: If so, I guess we all will consider it a precious gift to get the chance to enjoy Yuzu's wonderful skating for another season. He is so unique - and therefore the scenarios that bothered me recently did NOT happen! No other skater tried (let alone landed :rofl3:) 4A during Worlds and no skater was able to become BOTH senior AND junior world champion in the same season. Why? Because it is NOT that easy! This shows again how special Yuzu has been all those years staying at the top and delivering the highest quality! And still he is even improving! Later generations will shake their heads in disbelief and envy us. If only we could be sure his ankle is healing properly! :smiley-angelic001:

On 4/20/2022 at 4:05 PM, Yuzuwinnie said:

:wave:  I add myself to your term  :peace2: "optimistic drug addict" (I haven't guessed where Ulrinis is from?) : the hope keeps alive to see Yuzu again in Europe  :wink_star:  after having admired him (with other skaters and my G&G  :wink2: ) to FAITH 

In the merch, I saw the commemorative t-shirt of his 2018 Olympics victory and it is on sale on EBAY and even the mascot of the last 2022 Olympics 

Nobu and Yuzu in fashion  : knc_yuzu2:   : a little relaxation does not hurt 

It's interesting, dear Yuzuwinnie, what happened to my expression "toxically optimistic" - probably by translating into French and back. :grin: I'd better think twice next time and chose my words carefully. As I am no English native speaker (I'm German), I just took the freedom of matching two words that normally don't belong together. Pardon! :worship: However, "optimistic drug addict" is also true, considering Yuzu's skating as a drug ... :smiley-scared003: So I'll consume some more of this miraculous drug by watching the wonderful videos you share ... :party0029:

On 4/21/2022 at 10:23 PM, micaelis said:

With all this speculation about Yuzu retiring my thoughts have led me to think that maybe they want Yuzu to retire, to make room for those younger.  The thing is, as I look over the situation season by season the accusations of underscoring him really don't become numerous until after the 2017/18 season in which he took his second gold.  I know it is fairly usual for an Olympic FS men's gold-medalist to retire after that season but for Yuzu that would be absurd as he was only nineteen when he won in Sochi.  Retiring at age nineteen would be absurd.  On top of that he had stated publicly he wanted a second straight gold and actually that was quite good to the authorities since it added suspense through the countdown to PC.  But then he didn't retire after attaining his second gold medal but instead he declared he was determined to be the first to do a quad-axel, the Holy Grail of skating jumps.  As far as the ISU and JSF were concerned Yuzu was overstaying his welcome.   The figure-skating industry (I use that word deliberately) is driven by the need to have ever fresh young faces working on clawing their way to the top.  Yuzu, however, was at the top and showed every sign of remaining at or near the top.  He was fouling up the normal modes of procedure.  Moreover, I think the skating authorities are afraid of Yuzu.  He's TOO popular, too much the object of an almost cultlike following (nothing wrong there, though, considering it's Yuzu).  In Japan he's one of the most popular individuals in any field of endeavor.  They can't simply demand he retire so they start making it ever harder for him to succeed in winning.  Thus all the underscorings.  They want him to finally tell the ISU and everyone out there that he's had enough and quit in disgust.  They really don't understanding Yuzu very well.  He'll keep on going until he has his 4A.  What the ISU and the other authorities have to do is to help him get that 4A so he can retire with grace.  He almost had it this season but landed on two-feet.  A one-foot landing would have Yuzu now duly retired and have everybody here and elsewhere wondering 'What next?'

Maybe therefore we shouldn't be sad that things went as they went in Beijing. It sounds weird (and surely IS hard for Yuzu) but, yes, this is probably the reason why competing for another season is not completely out of question right now. Anyway, although I understand that it's the normal process to make younger skaters popular, I still don't understand why the responsible organizations don't see that this is a once-in-a-lifetime situation and they are blessed to have someone like Yuzu. Those young skaters competing against the great Yuzuru Hanyu probably know that this is a privilege, right? 

1 hour ago, Ulrinis said:

It's interesting, dear Yuzuwinnie, what happened to my expression "toxicly optimistic" - probably translating into French and vice versa. :to smile: I better think twice next time and choose my words carefully. Since I'm not a native English speaker (I'm German), I just took the liberty of matching two words that normally don't go together. Sorry! :veneration: However, "optimistic drug addict" is also true, considering Yuzu's skating as a drug...  :smiley-scared003: So I will consume some more of this miraculous drug by watching the wonderful videos you share... :party0029:

But don't worry Ulrinis  :wink2:(on the other hand, what is your country?) I manage to understand your expression and Yuzu is an excellent drug, isn't it  :wink_star: and not SORRY: yes we "literally float" in l admiring and without moderation and delighted that you like my videos and here is one, with TOSHI  :heartpound: and my :girlsigh: :meditationf:favorite

4 hours ago, Yuzurella said:

Yuzu and Boyang sliding side-by-side with different color backgrounds looks so awesome! :cheer:

I can't believe it's been four years... Yuzu is probably Sendai's number one tourist attraction. :tumblr_inline_mg16go8gBg1qdlkyg:

He is, hehe. I am planning to fly to Japan via ANA (or take a domestic flight via ANA), and visit Sendai as soon as Japan opens up and I don't think I am the only one with those plans :giggle: