General Yuzuru Chat

9 hours ago, Saawa said:

:tumblr_inline_mto5hwcNlg1qid2nw: An appreciation post of Yuzu's creativity in spins :tumblr_inline_mto5hwcNlg1qid2nw:

I have always been captivated by the way Yuzu uses his arms and hands while he spins as part of his performance and music interpretation. He even said he often improvises depending on his current feelings.
Even if it is the same spin, he often adds different details or timing to his arms, hands, fingers or head and thus creates a different vibe of that spin for every program. He considers even the tiniest details down to his fingertips and makes his spins not only very beautiful and musical but also unique to each program. Or sometimes even to each performance. 

Sometimes the differences are incredibly small. For example, his palm may be facing up instead of down. Or he may have his palm wide open instead of in a ballet position, or fist, or pointing with his index finger. And sometimes he actively moves his arms while he spins so there may be multiple poses in one spin. And sometimes it is just a fraction of a second and you only really fully notice the detail in slow-motion or a high resolution picture.

Some of the hand poses or movements he does are not necessarily that difficult. Some other movements may be more challenging, but if one masters one of them, other similar iterations can become quite easy. But many of the poses or movements he does are quite difficult. Especially when he moves them horizontally, off his vertical axis. It is very challenging not to lose speed or balance and not to destroy the centering. And on top of that, it takes more energy because one needs to use other additional muscles. And match it to the music. I have wanted to make this compilation for a long time and only now finally had time for it. It was so much fun to try to find as many different iterations and details of each spin as possible.

Camel positions

Reveal hidden contents

MjfokRA.png

OJio2d0.png

VHQ4Ejg.png

RnYOPc2.png

Sit positions

Reveal hidden contents

VvcdLjo.png

hqeFqNH.png

K7oqDL6.png

idw1715.jpg

fZ8HXOv.png

5GiLDoT.png

Upright positions

Reveal hidden contents

IMTa0sb.png

GyLNCML.jpg

sources: alamy, newscom, photokishimoto, getty, imago, danielleearl photography + screenshots from official videos

In the Masquerade camel and sit spins, he covers his face with one hand, like a mask. How did I never noticed this?! Truly :goat: things!

🙏

On 5th May there will be a radio show “Select Set List Special Edition – feat. Yuzuru Hanyu".

[NEWS]

I can't really decide.:dry: I have so many favorite program songs of Yuzu. :smiley-love017:

13 hours ago, Saawa said:

:tumblr_inline_mto5hwcNlg1qid2nw: An appreciation post of Yuzu's creativity in spins :tumblr_inline_mto5hwcNlg1qid2nw:

I have always been captivated by the way Yuzu uses his arms and hands while he spins as part of his performance and music interpretation. He even said he often improvises depending on his current feelings.
Even if it is the same spin, he often adds different details or timing to his arms, hands, fingers or head and thus creates a different vibe of that spin for every program. He considers even the tiniest details down to his fingertips and makes his spins not only very beautiful and musical but also unique to each program. Or sometimes even to each performance. 

Sometimes the differences are incredibly small. For example, his palm may be facing up instead of down. Or he may have his palm wide open instead of in a ballet position, or fist, or pointing with his index finger. And sometimes he actively moves his arms while he spins so there may be multiple poses in one spin. And sometimes it is just a fraction of a second and you only really fully notice the detail in slow-motion or a high resolution picture.

Some of the hand poses or movements he does are not necessarily that difficult. Some other movements may be more challenging, but if one masters one of them, other similar iterations can become quite easy. But many of the poses or movements he does are quite difficult. Especially when he moves them horizontally, off his vertical axis. It is very challenging not to lose speed or balance and not to destroy the centering. And on top of that, it takes more energy because one needs to use other additional muscles. And match it to the music. I have wanted to make this compilation for a long time and only now finally had time for it. It was so much fun to try to find as many different iterations and details of each spin as possible.

Camel positions

Reveal hidden contents

MjfokRA.png

OJio2d0.png

VHQ4Ejg.png

RnYOPc2.png

Sit positions

Reveal hidden contents

VvcdLjo.png

hqeFqNH.png

K7oqDL6.png

idw1715.jpg

fZ8HXOv.png

5GiLDoT.png

Upright positions

Reveal hidden contents

IMTa0sb.png

GyLNCML.jpg

sources: alamy, newscom, photokishimoto, getty, imago, danielleearl photography + screenshots from official videos

Many thanks @Saawa for this great compilation and your effort.:clap:

10 時間前, swan_queenさんが言いました:

But then how can the soy sauce be evenly distributed because the rice absorbs it so quickly??!! I like putting my soy sauce into the egg white then stirring thoroughly

Watching the way of Yuzuru, he stir them so quickly😁

He's good at rotation you know 😉

58 minutes ago, ccy said:

LMEY Sportschau is back

https://

Just wanted to post it too!!! YEEEY!!! :cheer::dancingpooh:

Thank you so much for everyone who helped and sent messages to the ARD Sportschau team.

I don't know how much of an impact it had on the final decision, but I'm super happy that it's back anyways :space:

Yesss. :clap: So glad that the LMEY video is back, currently 3.3 Mio views. 

:clapclap4:

This Yuzu photo (cover for AERA magazine 2018) was displayed at an exhibition of works by photographer Mika Ninagawa :smiley-love017:

(short clip from the photoshoot at that time)

[NEWS]