General Yuzuru Chat

Ahora, Yuzurella said:

I really love Yuzu and Ghislain's relationship. I've always thought that Yuzu is Ghislain's favorite TCC child. I hope they'll be able to meet each other in person soon. :heartpound:

Yes, I agree: they have a special connection, and it shows.

2 時間前, oreowsaltさんが言いました:

hi im a baby fanyu. does anyone know where is this interview from and what was he being asked about here :weeping: i kinda wanna know the context since he said "i make so many people work for me" dskfjhsjdglmaoo sounds sassy

I think he was asked something like, "If you were to compare yourself to an animal, what would you say you are?"

I'm afraid the translation is not exact. He says;

"I think it would be a cat."

ホント、みんなに... Honto, minnani... (I'm not sure about this part. It ends abruptly. Literally, it means "Really, by everyone..."  I guess he might have continued "I'm told by everyone that....")

"I'm disobedient, I go my own way, and I only do what I want to do. "

"So, in a sense, I feel I should become more matured (grow up)." 

The translation by Olympic Channel (English/Japanese) is not correct sometimes. 

Oh, welcome to Planet :wave:

Guest Mary_kyo

The world deserves a Yuzu-Ghislain-Pooh reunion. I love how supportive and understanding Ghislain is toward Yuzu and how they get along so well. I hope Yuzu lands the 4A in a near future and gets to celebrate it with Ghislain with those wholesome big hugs right after.

Edit: this hug is forever iconic to me, after all the hardship

Btw, Mark is now my favorite Russian skater. He so obviously appreciates Yuzu and ironically, even team Japan doesn’t. You could tell Yuzu was enjoying the affection and admiration from Mark too. <3 

2 hours ago, Yuzurella said:

I really love Yuzu and Ghislain's relationship. I've always thought that Yuzu is Ghislain's favorite TCC child. I hope they'll be able to meet each other in person soon. :heartpound:

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].

I'm just...relieved reading all this. Relieved for Yuzu, that he wasn't trying to do this completely on his own with no support at all. And relieved for Ghislain, that even though he couldn't be rinkside, he was still able to do somethjng for Yuzu from a distance. It would be incredibly nerve-wracking to have a brilliant student like Yuzu and be stuck on the sidelines while watching him try something risky that no one has ever tried before. 

5 hours ago, oreowsalt said:

hi im a baby fanyu. does anyone know where is this interview from and what was he being asked about here :weeping: i kinda wanna know the context since he said "i make so many people work for me" dskfjhsjdglmaoo sounds sassy

Let me add my short and blunt two cents to the thorough and diplomatic explanation provided by @SuzyQ.

Yuzu was asked what kind of animal he would be and he said that he would be a cat.

The translation is wrong. Specifically, where the English subtitle says, “I make so many people work for me,” Yuzu actually said, “I do as I please.”

Just like a cat.

Edit: There is nothing sassy about this interview. If anything, Yuzu is making fun of himself.

We saw some translations of Ghislain's interview and here's another translation compiled in one pic. 

Not much difference from the other translation though I'm confused about the "That was by far the best 4A jump that anyone had ever jumped in the competition" quote. 

So Ghislaine is talking about the jump in 'competition'? 

Best 4A jump that anyone had ever jumped in competition is comparing Yuzu with Yuzu? :coolio:

But is the jump in practice better? The other translation is based on the yahoo article which has the same Japanese quote but has an extra quote "北京で跳んだジャンプはそれよりもさらに良かった" which lae translated as the Beijing jump was better than those shown on videos.  Yuzu did say the one in Beijing is the best jump so.... 

What I'm trying to say is I want the 4A videos Yuzu sent to Ghislaine, please.