General Yuzuru Chat

4 hours ago, Melodie said:

In Beijing, Yuzu did say his coaching team at TCC was still supporting him well so I don't think TCC is the past. At the same time, I don't think he needs to go back to TCC when he has been doing well, despite training physically alone. Both Yuzu and his team have found a formula that works, so keeping this is probably for the best.

I believe Yuzu's exact words in Beijing during one of his mixed zone interviews were "My coaches are watching over me properly, please don't worry." I took that to mean that they were doing exactly what Yuzu wanted them to do, so we fans  shouldn't try to over- interpret the situation. 

And really, i know everyone is starting to act like COVID is over and travel restrictions are done and what, but that's not necessarily the case. Yuzu may well still not be interested in coming back to a city like Toronto, where Omicron is running rampant and public health restrictions are about to be lifted anyway, willy-nilly. 

If he decides he needs to be at TCC again, I'm sure he'll go back there. He hasn't burned any bridges with them or anything.

27 minutes ago, Kat said:

How do you adjust it?! Omg! Am I an idiot? It's unusable for me right now lol! Like. I cant even be mad, i"m just laughing

Oh you are referring to the strap, and not the clock face, being too big.

Do you have any Citizen shop in your country? I just brought mind down and tell them I bought online and they adjust the strap length for me free of charge. 

If not, maybe you can ask if any watch shop can help with a fee. 

43 minutes ago, Kat said:

How do you adjust it?! Omg! Am I an idiot? It's unusable for me right now lol! Like. I cant even be mad, i"m just laughing

I have been collecting and gifting Citizen Eco-Drive watches since August 2019 when Yuzu became the face of Citizen China. My wife who has a very slim wrist prefers oversized men’s watches and she has a number of them. She likes to wear her watches a bit loose, but every one of them can be adjusted to fit her wrist snugly if she wanted to by removing the links from the metal watchband.

I do not know what kind of watchband the Origin watch has, but if it is a metal watchband, you should be able to have it adjusted to your wrist size by taking it to a jeweler or watch repair store and having links removed. Just remember to keep the links that are removed so that they are available in case someone with a bigger wrist wants to wear it in the future.

Most watches have only one or two small adjustments in the actual clasp. Almost everyone needs to have the watchband adjusted by removing links from the band itself.

I don’t know whether this has been of any help.

23 minutes ago, yumeaki said:

Oh you are referring to the strap, and not the clock face, being too big.

Do you have any Citizen shop in your country? I just brought mind down and tell them I bought online and they adjust the strap length for me free of charge. 

If not, maybe you can ask if any watch shop can help with a fee. 

No Citizen store I know of in America...at least not in rural Michigan. I was afraid tampering it would deplete value in CASE the day ever came I wanted to resell or gift it to someone.

2 minutes ago, Geo1 said:

I have been collecting and gifting Citizen Eco-Drive watches since August 2019 when Yuzu became the face of Citizen China. My wife who has a very slim wrist prefers oversized men’s watches and she has a number of them. She likes to wear her watches a bit loose, but every one of them can be adjusted to fit her wrist snugly if she wanted to by removing the links from the metal watchband.

I do not know what kind of watchband the Origin watch has, but if it is a metal watchband, you should be able to have it adjusted to your wrist size by taking it to a jeweler or watch repair store and having links removed. Just remember to keep the links that are removed so that they are available in case someone with a bigger wrist wants to wear it in the future.

Most watches have only one or two small adjustments in the actual clasp. Almost everyone needs to have the watchband adjusted by removing links from the band itself.

I don’t know whether this has been of any help.

It has! I'll have to scout out a good place and call around.

1 minute ago, Kat said:

No Citizen store I know of in America...at least not in rural Michigan. I was afraid tampering it would deplete value in CASE the day ever came I wanted to resell or gift it to someone.

It has! I'll have to scout out a good place and call around.

As I said, almost everyone has to have the watchband adjusted because watches are made so that they will fit the largest wrists. Therefore, it is normal to have the watchband adjusted by having links removed. Any jeweler or watch store will be able to adjust it for you. It does not need to be a Citizen store. All watchbands are basically the same. The cost in Vancouver, Canada, to adjust the watchband is anywhere between $10 and $25 Canadian funds. It only takes a few minutes. It will not affect the value of your watch. Just remember to ask for the links that are taken out so that they are available to you in case you want to give it or sell it to someone with a bigger wrist later on. Jewelers and watch shops will automatically put them into little plastic bags to return to you, but sometimes they forget so remind them.

20 hours ago, Saawa said:

Another new magazine with Yuzu cover!

Iirc, this one does not have the best reputation among Fanyus but there will be interviews with Tsuzuki-sensei and Ghislain about Yuzu's 4a. 

DeepL translation:

Shoichiro Tsuzuki: "I cannot thank Hanyu enough for his quad axel challenge"

Ghislain Briand: "The 4a that Yuzu jumped at the Beijing Olympics was the(his?) best jump by far"

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].

Ghislain was interviewed via Zoom with the use of an interpreter provided by Figure Skating Life magazine. I hope that the interpreter translated the questions and Ghislain’s responses accurately.

Hace 6 horas, Dreamer said:

I apologize in advance for my :salty:smugness: $$$ and rigged scoring can't buy you love:acceptable:

Yuzu is charismatic. He’s an amazing athlete and an artist, his skating is full of emotions. That’s what makes him loved all around the world.Like you said, you can’t buy love.

18 hours ago, TokyoDream said:

Why was that interviewer crying? I don't get it 😢

The interviewer is Shuzo Matsuoka, who has interviewed Yuzu for more than 10 years and supports him wholeheartedly. He has a deep understanding of psychology and can read people's thoughts and emotions very well, and therefore he asks deep questions in his interviews. Yuzu trusts him enough to tell him his honest feelings, that's why Shuzo interviews are often very intense and emotional.

From what I found on Twitter, Yuzu spoke with him in detail about how hard he practiced for 4A, that he continued even when he wanted to give up, that he staked his life for this jump because it was that important to him, and that he honestly feels now that it was all in vain. 

I think if Yuzu looks at you with his clear eyes and his angelic smile and says something like this, you cannot not cry.

I think this is the part of the interview that was aired yesterday (Japanese only): 

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CaZsgB-pTJN/?utm_medium=copy_link

6 minutes ago, birnasan said:

The interviewer is Shuzo Matsuoka, who has interviewed Yuzu for more than 10 years and supports him wholeheartedly. He has a deep understanding of psychology and can read people's thoughts and emotions very well, and therefore he asks deep questions in his interviews. Yuzu trusts him enough to tell him his honest feelings, that's why Shuzo interviews are often very intense and emotional.

From what I found on Twitter, Yuzu spoke with him in detail about how hard he practiced for 4A, that he continued even when he wanted to give up, that he staked his life for this jump because it was that important to him, and that he honestly feels now that it was all in vain. 

I think if Yuzu looks at you with his clear eyes and his angelic smile and says something like this, you cannot not cry.

I think this is the part of the interview that was aired yesterday (Japanese only): 

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CaZsgB-pTJN/?utm_medium=copy_link

Thank you very much! I completely get why he would cry... 

YUZU it wasn't all in vain I promise you 😢😢

On 2/23/2022 at 9:48 PM, citrusjunos said:

Regarding Javi:

Reveal hidden contents

At this point, I'm just really tired. If you look through my previous posts, I was incredibly disappointed in him and did not hold back in saying so. But now I'm just more embarrassed by the mob behavior than anything. Javi should have definitely locked the comments under his apology post and people should not keep fighting him about it. If this doesn't die down soon, this may even affect Yuzu's professional relationships. 

I don't know. This next part may sound like I'm gatekeeping, but as much as I love seeing Yuzu gain so many new fans, I feel that we've gotten to a point where the fandom is so large, diverse, and spread out through so many different platforms that it's difficult to control. It's absolutely lovely seeing the fandom come together from all over the world to support Yuzu and share stories, but the downside is...this.

However, I also feel that everything is likely magnified due to the Olympics. Many locals and trolls probably joined the bandwagon in bashing Javi under his posts. As it happens every four years, there'll be people who'll stay and a lot more who'll leave and hopefully, this will all just be a blip in our memories.

This is the last time I'll comment on this situation. Thanks for dealing with my salty ass, guys.

Regarding Yuzu's interview:

This month has been an absolute rollercoaster of emotions, and after having been drained emotionally through rage, sadness, joy, and fear, all I'm left with is pure love and pride for Yuzu. I think out of all his accomplishments and accolades till now, this has been the moment that I have felt completely in awe of him and his devotion to the ice, and I hope that once he gets more time and rest, he, too, will feel truly proud of everything he did this Olympics. The joy and peace he exuded in his practices and his gala performance demonstrated just how much he loves skating, so all I have to say is that no matter what he decides to do, I'm reassured that the decision will be made according to what would make him fulfilled and happy, and frankly, that's all I care about.

Exactly. First I thought: How does he have the power not to yell his anger out (like I would have) or cut the media short with a bitter expression on his face or get cynical or whatever you have seen with other athletes not seeing their dreams come true plus having been treated unfair. It cannot be appreciated enough how Yuzu kept bringing us joy by practicing so many of his programs, repairing the ice, interacting cheerfully with other skaters and Bing Dwen Dwen, politely answering media questions and greeting everyone around him with respect. We KNOW he would have easily got a medal, even after the unlucky incident with the hole during SP, and, I’m convinced, even with the fall on the Salchow during FP, if he hadn’t stayed true to his real aim and given birth to 4A on the biggest possible stage. Let that sink in. And, like last Olympics, he performed with an injury again! (Just to shut those ignorant SNS users up who keep insisting Yuzu  only won gold back then because others made mistakes.) NEVER had I imagined him being able of such an incredible success as he achieved in Beijing. As autumn was approaching I rubbed my eyes becoming aware that almost 4 years have past and Yuzu was still at the top and working on improvement! Has this ever happened? I remember Brian Orser saying around 2018 Olympics (don’t know exactly in which interview) that after one of Yuzu’s big successes “there was a little dip”. (Maybe veteran fanyus know which interview I mean.) When was there a little dip this time? Obviously Yuzu considered silver or bronze a little dip. A 4th place with an unprecedented try of an almost impossible jump. Like Robert Schumann who was obsessed with making his ring fingers more flexible for being able to play the piano even better. And with an injury. And with unfair judgment. Somehow this makes me not only hope, but BELIEVE Yuzu will not be impressed by NC being hyped and overstored and fanyus being accused of defending a declining star. Because he just isn’t. He has overcome being rewarded. But he will always be rewarded by the love and support of his fans.