General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, Anabel said:

No more, no more hahahah

@Mor2904 it has worked to me... 

Yuzu was smiling here, but he was not happy. The score of 95.37 may have been his personal best, but it was only 0.05 higher than his previous record breaking score of 95.32 at 2012 NHK Trophy. He was thinking "What do I have to do to get a much higher score for this short program?" The answer would come at 2013 GPF in Fukuoka when he set a new world record with a score of 99.84.

47 minutes ago, Geo1 said:

I know that Phil Hersh is a two-faced a**hole, but I have always liked Ted Barton. He has always had nothing but praise for Yuzu as being everything that figure skating should be and is.

He was the main commentator for 2018 ACI. Here is the short program.

Here is the free skate. Ted never starts talking until after the performances over. He called Yuzu the "best male figure skater ever" and that it was "an honour to be in the same building with him."

Here is Ted Barton commentating during Yuzu's short program practice at 2019 SCI. "When you see something like this... You're seeing something not yet done, at this level."

Barton, unfortunately has changed his tune recently. He called Yuzu attempts at 4A, and I am paraphrasing cz I can't remember his exact words: doing it as a 26 year-old man, is not wise.

Barton also gushes over Tutberidze's girls excessively, and has been the english commentators for russian national comps, probably precisely because of that.

During the days when I was still watching junior GPs, he was always very critical about prerotations & underrotations of skaters from small feds (for the Japanese and Korean skaters, his go-to is 'expression is not there yet, but it will come', no matter the skater), and suddenly couldn't see any of them when it's the big3 feds.

He has joined many, many commies who used to gush over Yuzu in his early years but then for some reasons have lately turned into 'couldn't wait for him to disappear' camp.

36 minutes ago, Geo1 said:

I know that Phil Hersh is a two-faced a**hole, but I have always liked Ted Barton. He has always had nothing but praise for Yuzu as being everything that figure skating should be and is.

He was the main commentator for 2018 ACI. Here is the short program.

Here is the free skate. Ted never starts talking until after the performances over. He called Yuzu the "best male figure skater ever" and that it was "an honour to be in the same building with him."

Here is Ted Barton commentating during Yuzu's short program practice at 2019 SCI. "When you see something like this... You're seeing something not yet done, at this level."

Hi, I haven't posted here in awhile and I also know very little about Barton, but I've heard on Twitter that he has said some things that upset many people. I'm not sure if he's said anything degrading about Yuzu, but I thought I'd just add in my two cents here. I also don't want to bring in any unwanted chaos and discourse, so I won't specify for now what Barton has done that offended people, but if someone wants to add on their knowledge about Barton I think that would be helpful! (I can also ask around on Twitter for old posts if anyone wants specifics) 

Personally, I just want to caution everyone that maybe we should be a little wary of people---a person may praise Yuzu and say wonderful things about him, but on the other hand, if they willfully ignore other issues related to the sport we might want to keep that in mind. :img_20:

24 minutes ago, yuzupon said:

Barton, unfortunately has changed his tune recently. He called Yuzu attempts at 4A, and I am paraphrasing cz I can't remember his exact words: doing it as a 26 year-old man, is not wise.

Barton also gushes over Tutberidze's girls excessively, and has been the english commentators for russian national comps, probably precisely because of that.

During the days when I was still watching junior GPs, he was always very critical about prerotations & underrotations of skaters from small feds (for the Japanese and Korean skaters, his go-to is 'expression is not there yet, but it will come', no matter the skater), and suddenly couldn't see any of them when it's the big3 feds.

He has joined many, many commies who used to gush over Yuzu in his early years but then for some reasons have lately turned into 'couldn't wait for him to disappear' camp.

Where did Ted say anything about Yuzu, that suggested he 'waits for him to disappear'? I ask because I really didn't see it and I want to know.

13 minutes ago, yuzupon said:

13 minutes ago, Hope_and_Legacy said:

Hi, I haven't posted here in awhile and I also know very little about Barton, but I've heard on Twitter that he has said some things that upset many people. I'm not sure if he's said anything degrading about Yuzu, but I thought I'd just add in my two cents here. I also don't want to bring in any unwanted chaos and discourse, so I won't specify for now what Barton has done that offended people, but if someone wants to add on their knowledge about Barton I think that would be helpful! (I can also ask around on Twitter for old posts if anyone wants specifics) 

Personally, I just want to caution everyone that maybe we should be a little wary of people---a person may praise Yuzu and say wonderful things about him, but on the other hand, if they willfully ignore other issues related to the sport we might want to keep that in mind. :img_20:

I do not have any social media accounts and follow Yuzu only here, so I was unaware of anything that Ted Barton has said about Yuzu which could be taken negatively. If that’s the case, it is very disappointing because he had always impressed me as somebody who appreciated Yuzu as the total package, a complete skater who personified everything that figure skating is and should be, as evidenced by his comments in the videos that I posted.

Guest Mary_kyo
1 hour ago, Geo1 said:

of course Ted isn’t in the same boat of Phil (or Johnny) but him being an Eteri-bot is enough to dislike him. Idk, maybe because I’m still emotionally heart broken over Beijing but when the people from FS community pity praise Yuzu these days while they all kept quiet on him getting mistreated over the past years (and even being robbed in Beijing), I get even angrier. They say “oh, still legend” but either actively played a role to smash him in the hardest way possible or kept quiet about it over the past years. A lot of those hard sad days wouldn't have happened in the past four years, Beijing could have been very different too, if only the influential figures in this sport were more loud about fairness and the integrity of the sport. This bothers me a lot.

1 hour ago, Henni147 said:

"Yuzu crashes every judging scale in IN."

I think Yuzu's off-the-charts interpretation and timing contribute to the respect of the musicians who have worked directly with him. Yuzu's attention to every note and his commitment to expressing them in his movement is partly why musicians who have collaborated with him sometimes say they felt like they were talking with another musician.