General Yuzuru Chat

34 minutes ago, airi said:

Where did Ted say anything about Yuzu, that suggested he 'waits for him to disappear'? I ask because I really didn't see it and I want to know.

34 minutes ago, Geo1 said:

I do not have any social media accounts and follow Yuzu only here, so I was unaware of anything that Ted Barton has said about Yuzu which could be taken negatively. If that’s the case, it is very disappointing because he had always impressed me as somebody who appreciated Yuzu as the total package, a complete skater who personified everything that figure skating is and should be, as evidenced by his comments in the videos that I posted.

He posted in on twitter, 2 years ago, criticising Yuzu's attempting 4A, writing him off as being too old for it. It's deleted now, as I understand it. Couldn't be bothered to find if anyone screenshot the thing, cz it's unpleasant, and I too, used to like Barton. Even if his increasingly excessive Russian stanning has gotten into my nerves even before he tweeted that.

Ngl, tho. You sould probably ignore me (as in actually click the ignore button on my profile), cz even Max is on thin ice with me. Basically, those who had helped perpetuated the Russian girls 'quad' domination, are on my sh*t list, regardless of whether they praise Yuzu, too. Cz I can't quite justify them seeing Yuzu and his striving for technical excellence, and then turn around to gush over the cheated, unhealthy russian girls' "quads" and average (at best) programs/skating skills/postures. Esp with the current scandal.

18 minutes ago, Mor2904 said:

Is there now an issue with the press conference? If I recall correctly, the press requested it!🤦🏼‍♀️

Some dullard journos back in Japan apparently complained about Yuzu (allegedly) hogging the press attention, nevermind the fact that this sort of presscon is pretty par for the course (and most journos requested for it anyway(!!))

...doesn't hurt to spell it out, I guess :shrug::shrug::shrug: (their loss if they can't understand that)

3 minutes ago, Figure_Frenzy said:

Some dullard journos back in Japan apparently complained about Yuzu (allegedly) hogging the press attention, nevermind the fact that this sort of presscon is pretty par for the course (and most journos requested for it anyway(!!))

...doesn't hurt to spell it out, I guess :shrug::shrug::shrug: (their loss if they can't understand that)

How can he "hog" anything when it's those very journalists choosing to go to him? Journalists know whom has the most adoration and strongest fan base. You bet they will make a pragmatic call on whom to interview for the sake of generating focus to their news outlets.

16 minutes ago, Kat said:

How can he "hog" anything when it's those very journalists choosing to go to him? Journalists know whom has the most adoration and strongest fan base. You bet they will make a pragmatic call on whom to interview for the sake of generating focus to their news outlets.

Exactly! So dull was their wit :animated-smileys-halloween-012::animated-smileys-halloween-012::animated-smileys-halloween-012:.

At least most JP journos understood the situation anyway :shrug:

25 minutes ago, yuzupon said:

He posted in on twitter, 2 years ago, criticising Yuzu's attempting 4A, writing him off as being too old for it. It's deleted now, as I understand it. Couldn't be bothered to find if anyone screenshot the thing, cz it's unpleasant, and I too, used to like Barton. Even if his increasingly excessive Russian stanning has gotten into my nerves even before he tweeted that.

Ngl, tho. You sould probably ignore me (as in actually click the ignore button on my profile), cz even Max is on thin ice with me. Basically, those who had helped perpetuated the Russian girls 'quad' domination, are on my sh*t list, regardless of whether they praise Yuzu, too. Cz I can't quite justify them seeing Yuzu and his striving for technical excellence, and then turn around to gush over the cheated, unhealthy russian girls' "quads" and average (at best) programs/skating skills/postures. Esp with the current scandal.

Look, it's not gonna be the attempt to defend Ted Barton or anything, but I hardly see stating his opinion of landing widely recognized impossible jump as 'wanting Yuzuru to disappear'. I just don't see it as disregarding at all, on the contrary, I always heard Ted speak very highly of Yuzu. And honestly didn't ever see a reason it's dishonest.

Now, to be clear, I don't always agree with him, I don't always like the same skaters, I often roll my eyes at his comments, I still do recognize though what he did for junior skating to get on the map, as well as changing a culture of commentary, I mean, he didn't cover Jr Russian Nationals this year, but their commentators still kept quiet during the programs, maybe it wasn't because of Ted, but he used to be the only one to do that, so yay!

(my thoughts about Ambesi are actually even more complicated, despite being a big Yuzu fanboy, he did light a few red lights for me before...)

Idk any man comparing young girls to horses is completely out in my book. 
Esp since he deleted his Twitter after receiving backlash once this article was posted without commenting on it first, but could defend himself before deleting :shrug:

Ted Barton, the executive director of Skate Canada, called Tutberidze’s girls a “stable of thoroughbred” horses. 

3 hours ago, Anabel said:

No more, no more hahahah

@ Mor2904 It worked for me... 

Yes young Yuzu is a mini personal distribution of gifts from French fans  :peace2: and as Cereus writes he would not think that it would be a tornado of  : YuzuPoohLove: which would fill part of the ice cream and the huge bags :animated-smileys-character-075:

And the well-deserved respect of LOTTE  : iagree:and it is clear that he has fun in ALL the practices that he admired during these Olympics and does his skating for pure pleasure: without pressure / without judge : clapclap4:

Hi everyone, may I ask for your advice about how to buy a Yuzu water bottle from ANA website (A-style)?

I don't have a Japanese address so I can't sign up to place an order. It seems that they don't provide oversea shipping, either. Is there any way that I can make such purchase outside of Japan?

If there're others that have encountered similar situation before, could you please give me some suggestions? Thank you so much!