General Yuzuru Chat

20 hours ago, Geo1 said:

There will be no comparison. Only Yuzu has the power to draw huge audiences. I'm sure that I am a typical Yuzu fan in that I will travel 3361 km from Vancouver to Toronto in order to watch Yuzu compete 2.5 minutes in the short program And 4 minutes in the free. Of course, the costume reveal at ACI and his practices are worth it just by themselves.

My wife and I have been to three ACIs in 2017, 2018 and 2019. We would not do that for any other skater.

I will travel across Canada to catch a glimpse of Yuzu, but I will not be attending SCI this year although I live in Metro Vancouver and the venue is at my old alma mater the University of British Columbia an easy 40 minutes drive from my home.

Apparently WestJet flight attendants were heard to say that they had never seen Kelowna International Airport as busy as it was the weekend that Yuzu was there for SCI in 2019.

https://www.tourismkelowna.com/industry/industry-news-centre/post/thousands-of-international-visitors-attend-2019-skate-canada-international-in-kelowna/

Skate Canada International 2019 generated $ 5.3 million in economic activity in British Columbia with $ 4.5 million of that directly in the Kelowna area. Thanks to Hanyuconomy.

https://globalnews.ca/news/6288882/kelowna-skate-canada-international-economic-activity-report/

I concur with Geo1: I already asked for the SCI time off and booked a flight to Vancouver, as I can stay with family.  However, now that Yuzu won't be there....I have no desire to pay $20 plus dollars for parking daily, attend a rodent infested arena(alleged...though I didn't see any at the GPF 2018) and rent a car.  Guess I will also save my $$ for a 3 day pass as I won't be purchasing.  :dontknow:

I know we were talking about ISU placing potentially bans that can affect Yuzu's routines, but I happen to stumbling upon this interview again about not being 'shackled by the routines' and to 'have the courage to change the routine' and it reminds me that no matter what others try to do to trip him up, he will turn that negative energy into yet another challenge he can overcome and it will only make him even better :hachimaki: 

7 hours ago, Yuzuwinnie said:

Encore pour le plaisir des yeux et des oreilles, sur la superbe mélodie des Carpenters et la voix particulièrement douce de Karen  <3 et j'ai fait traduire en Français les paroles de cette mélodie qui colle juste avec les images  : softYuzu: et j'écrit un commentaire traduit) : "un être à la sensi bilité à fleur de peau et d'un mental à toutes épreuves : voil à ce qui fait de lui un champion" SUPER bien écrit Bernadette et c'est bien tout ce qui est Yuzu  : animated-smileys-character-075: et comme on le dit en France : "les fées se sont penchées sur son berceau" 

PS : google translate ne veut pas traduire? désolée 

Make a translation or your comment will be hidden. This is the last warning. 

3 hours ago, Fay said:

Make a translation or your comment will be hidden. This is the last warning. 

@Yuzuwinnie may I suggest to use deepl translator? (wich I prefer to google ) when my english fails me i just write in italian, grt my post translated, copy and paste here 😉

2 hours ago, IceWings said:

The dark blue looks nice. :201111231756430f6:

blu is my favourite color but I still prefer the original which gives me a sensation of more "lightness"

2 hours ago, Anni said:

[NEWS]

Yuzu's updated bio on the JSF page

Unfortunately the page does not open for me☹

https://t.co/Zq6r7N2xBV?amp=1

for me neither 😓

3 hours ago, Anni said:

[NEWS]

Yuzu's updated bio on the JSF page

Unfortunately the page does not open for me☹

https://t.co/Zq6r7N2xBV?amp=1

6 minutes ago, gaia said:

for me neither 😓

Quite often JSF site gets stuck whenever they update pages. They should spend more money to get more reliable server services for their site but they just don't want to. Probably they have too big overheads :emoticonaci2019_2:

39 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

I tried really hard to completely ignore antis' takes on Yuzu and his skating over the last weeks, but there comes a certain moment, when my legs and fingers just can't keep still anymore. And this is the result:

shared. thanks for your work 🌸