General Yuzuru Chat

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/sport/top-players-can-deal-with-problems-better--says-coach-lendl-9018830?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

^^^this makes me think abt Yuzuru a lot.

"the ability to deal with distractions and overcome obstacles such as a lack of playing time that sets the top players in the world apart from the rest."

"able to stay at the top of men's tennis due to their mental strength"

and a couple more points that are just exactly the same thing as Yuzu's champion mindset.

pt4: his rival's coach asked for his autograph at Worlds

5: Jumped 2A when he was in Primary 3 or 4.

6: During comps and shows, Yuzu has his own special room for gifts (cos too many)

7: Waseda Uni student studying Human Sciences (?)

8: Used as an example on university English textbks.

9: Said "I basically don't go out much"

10: Kabedonned Nobu and make hearts go dokidoki

11: Before Mao's Sochi performance, cupped his hands and yelled "Mao-chan ganbare!"

12: When he appeared on NHK's Asaichi, the amount of mail that came in was already above 6800

13:  LGC costume looking similae to Rumando biscuit.Became a topic of discussion within Bourbon (manufacturer of Runando) itself. (LOL this is funny)

14: Made into an animated character in the blood donation CM

15: Koi dance hit 200 000 RTs, 400 000 likes

16: Tono de gozaru film: rehearsed on set but fit perfectly into film

17: First figure skater to be featured on anan cover.

18: According to Nobu, he doesnt really like to eat hence doesnt eat much.

19: Can play kendama

20: First nickname was 'Konnyaku' (refer to Shizuka's show with him)

21: Tissues in pooh tissue box. Liking pooh just because he can relax at pooh's expression.

22: His photobook was on sale with a simultaneous photo exhibition.

23: According to Fumie, he is a doS. :darklordyuzu:

24: Maki Yoko (actress) stuck a huge poster of him on her wall

4 minutes ago, xeyra said:

I imagine how Yuzu will teach these kids.

Yuzu: You just jump with a shuu and land with a paa! :space:

Kids: ????????? 

There's a reason why geniuses dont often make good teachers .... they think differently from the masses and do not face the same issues as normal students. Then again, Yuzu has the ability to take a third person perspective, so might balance things out.

I recall Kenji saying that Yuzu helped him fix his axel by giving him only a few advices - and my little finger is telling me that Nobus amazing combos at FaOI may have benefited from some Yuzu help too.

In fact I kinda think that Yuzu would make a great technical coach - he's put so much thought about how to perfect his elements, and he's such a perfectionist - he would know exactly what to correct in order to obtain perfect jumps. The "Shuu" "Paa" thing might sound funny, but I think it nly means something about the rythm of the jump, and the moments you have to focus your energy... nothing that mysterious ?

3 minutes ago, kaerb said:

I laughed because iirc another interview, Mao also explained her jump technique in a similar way with onomatopoeia ('gyuu' and 'ku' or something) :laughing:

Shoma was equally confused at Mao's way of explaining things ("so that's how geniuses think!").

As was Keiji at NHK with the shuu paaa thing (but Satton got it! :smiley-love017:).