Planet Hanyu Staff

General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, Cynthia said:

Okay, those reporters need a restraining order and charged with trespassing. That is way too far! Though I am doubtful if his female fans are still stalking the family home given the second wave of COVID-19. 

On a side note: Sorry for not being very active on these forums. Some of my attention has been directed to sumo wrestling (especially since I follow the lightweight yet cute Enho Akira!), though I still miss watching Yuzuru's Seimei program. If anyone asks, I will just say I am a fan of both! Can't believe it's been a whole year since ACI 2019 too.

I don't know how thing go in Japan but I doubt it would happen in Western Europe.

What I hope is this magazine lose many subscribers, and nobody buy the issue with those photos.

Might have been already posted but,

TV Asahi 2 will broadcast ACI 2019 without commentary on September 26, 12:00-18:30 (Japan time).

390 minutes.  Is it really !? :confused0066:

10 hours ago, LadyLou said:

:/

I'm especially disappointed that some fans would accept content from questionable sources (and gained with questionable behaviour, when not straigh out illicit) even if just to say "ah, he's alive".

Like, we don't need to have a tabloid tell us he's alive, or show us the proof. We know he is. And we know he doesn't want to give further details, as it's in his rights. His life and the lives of his family do not belong to anyone but themselves. It's so disappointing when people who call themselves fan fall in the trap of "new content at all costs". Nope. If Zu wanna give us the Worst Drought Ever, we complain and bemoan the adverse fate and joke and wonder what he's doing, but we do respect his choice.

It's so true. I can't believe for some people it's more important to see some blurry pictures of him than respecting his privacy. :noshake: If he wants to give any details he'll do it, and we all have to respect that. Sadly it's not the first time it happens, and as long as some people who read those tabloids click on the articles or buy those magazines, they will contine the stalking. It's so wrong. :thumbsdown:

10 hours ago, Geo1 said:

We will reach 6000 pages before we get 6000 members.

We are at 5983 pages so we only need 17 more pages to reach 6000 pages.

We currently have 5595 members and still need 405 more in order to reach 6000 members.

Although it would be awesome to hit 6000 pages and 6000 members on the same date!

Yes, we'll reach it sooner.

We're at page 5997 officially because there are several  pages of hidden posts that only admins/mods can see. I think it may take a year to get to 6000 members, but we'll reach 6000 pages in a few days even if we count from page 5983. :) 

4 hours ago, SuzyQ said:

Might have been already posted but,

TV Asahi 2 will broadcast ACI 2019 without commentary on September 26, 12:00-18:30 (Japan time).

390 minutes.  Is it really !? :confused0066:

:thankssign: @SuzyQ .  That means on 9/26, there will be almost 500 min of Yuzu-related TV, since Music With Wings is scheduled to broadcast after this, if I recall correctly :smiley-char023:. I was at ACI 2019, so never saw the entire broadcast as a whole---so excited :jumping0042:!

19 hours ago, monchan said:

More detail

Thinking he's Yuzu's "senior" makes me nauseous 

WHY WOULD THEY DO THIS?? WHY??? SPECIFICALLY TO REVEAL HIS WHERE/WHEN HE TRAINS? Knowing how much care Yuzu takes to protect that information, that's just despicable! Poor Yuzu...he must be so PISSED

15 hours ago, Geo1 said:

We will reach 6000 pages before we get 6000 members.

We are at 5983 pages so we only need 17 more pages to reach 6000 pages.

We currently have 5595 members and still need 405 more in order to reach 6000 members.

Although it would be awesome to hit 6000 pages and 6000 members on the same date!

The only way that will happen is if new members come on board like the Poohvalanches that follow Yuzu's performances.  For me a more interesting speculation is will we hit 10,000 pages before Beijing, which means we'll need to be adding a thousand pages about every four months.  

Some seem to have received the mirror in bonus for buying KOSE products. By the way, I suppose nobody will check if it really is a mirror, and nobody will mind because no one will take Yuzuru Hanyu's photo off? 0:)

25 minutes ago, monchan said:

So beautiful, so much understanding and feeling, though his costume could be better (but probably inaccessible then) and I wonder what a violin "thinks" of the damp and cold over a skating rink. I hope Yuzuru Hanyu can see this video.

EDIT : @rockstaryuzu I thought about the violin thing, one don't see well the instrument he's holding but I remember a Two Set Violin video where they had ordered a $30 "violin" on Amazon, and tested it. The fanyu on the video may have used one such, rather than his own dear instrument; in this case the risk is lower.

25 minutes ago, monchan said:

All the Chinese fanboys out here putting the rest of us to shame with their Yuzu love...first the planking kid and then this...:softYuzu:

About the performance itself...this kid's got good lines. Can't tell too much about the rest of his skating in this video. And I applaud his bravery doing the hydroblade with a violin in hand. One fall and the violin would be toast! 

All in all, bravo for this young man.

There must be at least a gala's worth of Yuzu tribute performances out there by now. It would make for a fun show to gather them all together, maybe.

On 9/15/2020 at 6:11 PM, Anni said:

I always enjoy reading the translations. It is really great how Kikuchi-Sun has always supported Yuzu. 💕

I am so enjoying Kikuchi san's book - Yuzu talking non stop to Kikuchi san about the Olympics, the Olympics, the Olympics as a youngster, Kikuchi telling him he was so noisy lol, Yuzu wanting Kikuchi san with him for important competitions (and sending his dad to ask!), Kikuchi san not minding people calling him a wizard and such because he really is a strange older man - all just lovely. Thanks for posting these translation links @Anni

Okay so i've been completely (or maybe not completely lol, yuzu's adorable face still lives in my mind rent free after all) ignoring figure skating and Yuzu updates since quarantine life began for me (so just before the world championships got cancelled basically) since real life kind of came crashing down all around me and i had to make sure i would still graduate school lol, so i have basically no idea about what's happening at all in the hell that is the figure skating world (it will not be fun to read up on the god forsaken ISU rule changes and unavoidable (russian) coaching drama that i'm sure have happened since). So anyways, today i had the strongest urge ever to just binge watch Yuzu performances, something i've had no desire to do for months for some odd reason (it's that quarantine depression yo), and down the rabbit hole i go once again. Aaahhhh, Yuzu how could i ever not want to watch your cute lil' butt skate around and around?? Truly baffling :tumblr_inline_np9uqhnLHU1qid2nw_75sq:

There's no point to this post other than to say i can't believe i almost fell completely out of the Yuzu loop, i'm so glad i got a grip and am back to my Yuzu loving ways again :dancingpooh:

Also i have only one question, and it's one that fills me with terror to even ask,, but the dude hasn't retired yet, right?? (Please say no)