Planet Hanyu Staff

General Yuzuru Chat

9 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

what do you say 👀

As everyone has said, there are too many beautiful pictures of the Yuzu. I think this is one of them.

s7wS05l.jpg

oh dear...I hope none of the American skaters here for training end up getting harassed. Take this as a sign of the growing panic with which we here north of border view the uncontrolled spread of the virus in the US. It's sad that it comes to this:

https://ca.yahoo.com/news/canadian-drivers-u-licence-plates-080000587.html

1 hour ago, LadyLou said:

thank you for translating this commentary to the pic:201111231756430f6:  it's so lovely and thoughtful and Wakasugi-san is absolutely right: it's such a beautiful pic, it feels so serene, it's dynamic but peaceful :tumblr_inline_mg16go8gBg1qdlkyg::tumblr_inline_mg16go8gBg1qdlkyg:

ETA: and I've just realized it's the pic in the forum theme I'm currently using:grin:

as for pic to prove Yuzuru is beautiful...well there's a lot but right now I'd go for H&L Yuzu:tumblr_inline_mm2wb3v3qq1qz4rgp:

Reveal hidden contents

do you happen know the sources of these pics?

o0480069613892032221.jpg?caw=1125

tumblr_ohr9au6cc21vkp9m8o2_1280.jpg

and also this

YES, I know this pic technically doesn't show his face, but he's still beautiful :P

(it's watermarked Ninny Toronto, does anyone know if they have a website/social so I can link the original source directly?)

tumblr_ohr9au6cc21vkp9m8o1_1280.jpg

Don't know about the other two, but the one in the middle is the back cover of this magazine.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/4403311083
Ninny has a twitter account but it is private.

30 minutes ago, FlyingCamel said:

Don’t know what this really is about but:

🥰

It is about Figure Skate TV aired by BS Fuji tonight. They asked Japanese skaters to name one of their performances at JNats in the past they wanted people to watch again and one of the other Japanese skaters' performances at past JNats they wanted to watch again, and Shun named Yuzu's R&J. He said he went to Osaka to watch Yuzu live and watched the performance live. It was the first-ever competition he watched live! He said he was so happy when Yuzu won a spot at Nice2012.
Yuma and Marin named Otonal at JNats last year.

I also found this image:

https://www.gettyimages.ca/detail/news-photo/yuzuru-hanyu-of-japan-competes-in-the-mens-short-program-news-photo/1062290810?adppopup=true

which I'm not sure anyone here has seen - at least I've never seen it published anywhere.

Y'all should have a scroll through the Getty Images site there - it's a treasure trove of the many, many moods of Yuzu

14 minutes ago, sweetwater said:

Don't know about the other two, but the one in the middle is the back cover of this magazine.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/4403311083
Ninny has a twitter account but it is private.

It is about Figure Skate TV aired by BS Fuji tonight. They asked Japanese skaters to name one of their performances at JNats in the past they wanted people to watch again and one of the other Japanese skaters' performances at past JNats they wanted to watch again, and Shun named Yuzu's R&J. He said he went to Osaka to watch Yuzu live and watched the performance live. It was the first-ever competition he watched live! He said he was so happy when Yuzu won a spot at Nice2012.

Thanks for translating that.

Somehow the image of microbaby Shun watching baby Romeo Yuzu and being inspired is just :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

This might have been already posted, but Nishikawa's Cool Campaign 3rd round will start.

They give us the final blow :10742290:  

I really want the Masquerade clear file.  But I will have to go to the office on July 6th when the online order starts :64341262:

This time, the target item is their towels  :68556365:   Much more affordable than usual, but it means a tough fight to get it.

https://prtimes.jp/main/html/rd/p/000000147.000010201.html

https://shop.nishikawa1566.com/shop/e/ecoolcp/

img_novelty_02.jpg

Wow, what beauties! Japan, you’re the envy of the whole planet! 

38 minutes ago, SuzyQ said:

This might have been already posted, but Nishikawa's Cool Campaign 3rd round will start.

I really want the Masquerade clear file.  But I will have to go to the office on July 6th when the online order starts :64341262:

This time, the target item is their towels  :68556365:   Much more affordable than usual, but it means a tough fight to get it.

img_novelty_02.jpg

Gosh... You should participate in the "my most beautiful Yuzu" contest with this clear file...

55 minutes ago, SuzyQ said:

img_novelty_02.jpg

:gaah:What I wouldn't give for that Masquerade clear file!!!

Some more beautiful Yuzus

Spoiler

yuzuru-hanyu-of-japan-performs-his-routi

img_news.aspx?id=20151102000232&no=1&kyo

When I google-seached the source with this image, the search keywords google suggested were 羽生結弦 (yuzuru hanyu) 綺麗 (clear, clean, gorgeous) 美しい (beautiful) haha

2 hours ago, sweetwater said:

I didn't even dare to watch his programs at Nationals, after those three jet-lags (and two back) in a month (and now we learn there was something more), but if I understand this, Otoñal was good?

Anyway, if Fuji are still standing against Yuzuru Hanyu, they may have taken these choices as a slap in the face. :smiley-sport014:

15 hours ago, Umebachi said:

I recall that when Yuzu initially moved to Toronto in 2012, he came on his own, but then Brian had to ask his mother to join him in Toronto because Yuzu had a bad asthma attack when no one was around to help him  - and his English being almost non-existent in those years must have been quite a harrowing experience for all concerned.   I tried to find the original source but couldn't find it: perhaps a Japanese interview of Brian or it was in Brian's book?   I also heard that as a junior skater he suffered asthma attacks on the plane and his mother would lay him down across the seats to help him breath more easily.  His mother's presence is essential not only as a manager but also as someone knowledgeable about caring for his health. 

During one of the backstage TV shots at FaOI (perhaps 2016?) I saw him take a quick puff from an inhaler.  It was a very brief moment - barely a second or two - and he quickly hid the inhaler,  but I recognized that movement since I also used to walk around with an inhaler and took a surrepticious puff from time to time.  I assume his health is getting better, but it's hard to know the exact status since he keeps tight-lipped about his asthma.  For example, at the end of Japanese national last December, he mentioned that he had to deal with "some unexpected issues" just before coming to Japan, but he did not elaborate.  It made me think  that he might have had to deal with another asthma attack.  This is purely speculation on my part - but when you have asthma, you live in constant fear of an unexpected attack.   I hope he is doing better and able to overcome asthma as his body matures.  

how scary to feel sick and nobody around you knows your language....also how scary having a asthma attack on plane,cannot think of a worst place honeslty. Yuzu is a pretty tough guy but his mom is too!

6 hours ago, yuzupon said:

Any frame from my signature below.

your sig is very distracting....among other  I love   @LadyLou and @Fay  profile pics,they show off Yuzuru so well!

@sweetwater thank you for translating and reporting every bits of news from your country.

And @SuzyQ wow those files....I cannot stop wondering how the heck he reach that position without opening his hips.

And Masquerade wins everything of course!

I had a bad day but as usual PH improved my mood!