General Yuzuru Chat

7 minutes ago, BrightonDogwoods said:

Sooooooo, less than 3 months until Autumn Classic (Sept 17th), no cancellation notice.... Is it on?? 

Would be sad if no spectators, but better than cancelling!

I wonder how long till we hear for sure??????

Three months is a long period, things can get cancelled before then. 

Just now, BrightonDogwoods said:

Yes, it could always be cancelled before then, but so far I think everything that has hit that 3 month advance date has been cancelled (JGP, specifically) so I think its interesting it did NOT get announced as cancelled on 6/17

But will Canada lift its travel restrictions by then??

6 минут назад, BrightonDogwoods сказал:

Maybe, but if they don't I'll betcha Canadians can sell it out (if Yuzu is there) without any international help. (and I'll start building an underground tunnel now, from the US, I'll let ya all know where it is :rock:)

The problem is not viewers that travel, but athletes and international  judges. Though as for athletes, a lot train in Canada and they can fill the quota only with them I believe. Also ACI is very early, I wonder how many athletes will be ready before it with late start of training, a lot are without new choreo still.

2 minutes ago, Lunna said:

The problem is not viewers that travel, but athletes and international  judges. Though as for athletes, a lot train in Canada and they can fill the quota only with them I believe

Good point...but I do think Yuzu will be in Canada before then (are there int'l judges at Challengers?), and it is typically 'local' skaters that attend.

I think by end of July the coronavirus situation will change alot, I believe for the better. For all we hear (in the US) about rising numbers of cases, the fatalities are NOT trending upwards to match.  Every week they are going down, even the places that didn't have much infection since March don't seem to be 'catching up' to disaster areas like NY City. 

The area I live in is fairly rural and so far I don't know anyone (or even know someone who knows someone) who has had even a positive covid test, let alone been seriously ill.

Keeping fingers crossed for the future but trying not to get my hopes up too much! :smiley-happy005:

4 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

It never showed up in my Googling :fire:

When I look at that one, I get;

Shoulders to hip: 4.2(hip): 5(shoulders)

Shoulders to waist: 3(waist): 5(shoulders)

Waist to hip: 3(waist):4.2(hip)

Edited to add:

Got really curious, and I had some time. Consequently, I present to you:

Yuzu vs Vitruvian Man (w. apologies to Da Vinci):

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OY394vdk8UghXgvZtxwEAO42yPW0ezJdCnDCnyadqyQ/edit?usp=sharing

Sorry it's Google Docs instead of Drive. For reasons best known to itself, my Drive won't upload anything today. So, please don't edit the document! Just look. Will replace with a proper Drive version later. 

Leonardo would be proud you,after all it's for science!

1 hour ago, Lunna said:

The problem is not viewers that travel, but athletes and international  judges. Though as for athletes, a lot train in Canada and they can fill the quota only with them I believe. Also ACI is very early, I wonder how many athletes will be ready before it with late start of training, a lot are without new choreo still.

well usually there are skaters from abroad as well but yep we cannot do anything else then hope and wait and see!

51 minutes ago, ZuCritter said:

Had the same idea a while ago. The correspondence is fairly close -- except that Yuzu's legs are longer :love:

vitruvian-yuzu.jpg

Ohhh beauty!!! This is what I wanted to do initially but I wasn`t sure I could scale all the images to match properly.

Are his legs really longer or is that the skates? That caused me trouble too, so I decided the circle should go through his heels.

4 hours ago, BrightonDogwoods said:

Sooooooo, less than 3 months until Autumn Classic (Sept 17th), no cancellation notice.... Is it on?? 

Would be sad if no spectators, but better than cancelling!

I wonder how long till we hear for sure??????

They still have their call for volunteers open...the cut off for deciding to cancel it is, I believe, 10 weeks prior to the event. So who knows?

I hope everyone realizes this: the real test of the end of the first wave of the virus is when people start to travel again, and whether or not that triggers clusters of infection. Look at what happened in Hong Kong - they had the virus all but gone, opened up travel enough to allow some expats to return, and suddenly they had another outbreak - and they were observing strict quarantine measures for everybody entering the territory.  This virus is one sneaky bugger and all it takes is a little lapse in vigilance for it to break out again.

Also, there's this:

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/tennis/tennis-novak-djokovic-coronavirus-positive-test-1.5623347

What that tells me is that there's no such thing as too safe when it comes to this virus. And that it's still way too early to bring back spectator sports events.

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Ohhh beauty!!! This is what I wanted to do initially but I wasn`t sure I could scale all the images to match properly.

Are his legs really longer or is that the skates? That caused me trouble too, so I decided the circle should go through his heels.

It's partly the skates, but my impression is that his legs are a bit longer. I guess we'd have to ask him to pose in his stocking feet to know for sure. Or, I would volunteer to measure ...

:ohmygod: