Planet Hanyu Staff

General Yuzuru Chat

I for one am glad that Yuzu has to (probably) spend a few weeks without skating because of restirictions that in the end will be good for everyone, and not because of injury :) and he probably has a lot of things to do anyway.

16 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

What I'm working on tonight instead of meeting satellites in Montreal before Worlds: 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/GanqsvaRYosJsFYd6

Sing out if you want one of these satellite ID badges. They can be blinged up and personalized with your PH handle, RL name, both,  or just plain. The ones out on the table are ones that have already been spoken for. And yes, I will mail them if you DM me your address. 

As for Sven there, he was supposed to be tossed on the ice for a skater, I just hadn't decided who yet. 

I would love to have one!! I will DM my address, thanks

On 3/12/2020 at 6:08 PM, Paskud said:

lol, they crave for attention

leave them alone

What is it? A poll from USFS? 

But why is Kazuki vs Yuzuru? Where are other skaters especially US skaters to vote for?

I think there must be some other names to vote for besides Kazuki and Yuzuru.

6 minutes ago, Vadrouille said:

What is it? A poll from USFS? 

But why is Kazuki vs Yuzuru? Where are other skaters especially US skaters to vote for?

I think there must be some other names to vote for besides Kazuki and Yuzuru.

It’s an elimination game involving skaters’ gala routines, and that round happened to be Kazuki vs Yuzuru! Anyway all rounds are done and now it’s only the final between Jason and Yuzu! Which is starting in a few hours haha it’s all on the US Figure Skating twitter page!

It seems like Yuzu will risk not being able to re-enter Canada if he leaves... no idea where he will go now too

I think it is probably smartest for anyone right now, wherever they are, to just hide out where they are unless they really need to get home......(who knows, he may have already gone home! )... but since show season isn't here yet he doesn't have to go anywhere. If they still have shows he can still leave for Japan if he wishes, and then he just stays there until he's allowed back (once FaOI starts he usually doesn't come back until close to July anyway)...  I think everyone is hoping summer changes things... let's all do our part and clean things and keep away from others as much as we can!!

38 minutes ago, FlyingCamel said:

It’s an elimination game involving skaters’ gala routines, and that round happened to be Kazuki vs Yuzuru! Anyway all rounds are done and now it’s only the final between Jason and Yuzu! Which is starting in a few hours haha it’s all on the US Figure Skating twitter page!

It seems like Yuzu will risk not being able to re-enter Canada if he leaves... no idea where he will go now too

He may as well be stuck where he is in Toronto not being able to train, vs. risking a long trip and virus exposure just to be stuck in Sendai not being able to train. I can't see any ice shows going on as scheduled in the current climate, and I can't see any of his sponsors requiring him to come to Japan right now. So stay inside, stay healthy and play Pokemon, Yuzu :D 

I feel this off-rink period will make the possibility of new programs next ss higher. So much time to study and search for music that fit him. So I don't feel bad about this period :embSwan:

21 minutes ago, fyere0 said:

He may as well be stuck where he is in Toronto not being able to train, vs. risking a long trip and virus exposure just to be stuck in Sendai not being able to train. I can't see any ice shows going on as scheduled in the current climate, and I can't see any of his sponsors requiring him to come to Japan right now. So stay inside, stay healthy and play Pokemon, Yuzu :D 

Same here, I can’t see any of the ice shows going ahead in the near future either :(

No idea what will become of the Olympics too sigh

For those who are self-quarantining there might come a time when you need a rest from all the Yuzu vids (as if such a time might come but actually there comes a point where you just are not watching them with the amount of concentration that you usually have), in any case if you've never been to Japan you can do a lot of touring of the country on YouTube.  Just punch in 'Japan Train Rides and you'll have scores to choose from.  Also by car there are some also, particularly several of Tokyo by a fellow called J Utah.  They are in 4K and show how truly awesome that city is.  There are also a number of walking tours of various cities you can take.  All in all you can get a good sense of Yuzu's homeland by trekking the Tube.  Try it out.

Hahaha, a rest from Yuzu vids? I think Yuzu content is basically what’s holding me together now with everything else falling apart in the current situation :’)

1 hour ago, fyere0 said:

ice time is really important for them though, I heard one day without ice practice can seriously set back their jumps for a lot. but at least he has experience and is not in a rush 

18 hours ago, barbara said:

Sven is a cutie.  I already have my name/name done.  Are you sure you want to ail them all?  Added expense and we could get the at ACI (for those of us going to ACI -and ACI MUST happen, we have to have something to look forward to).

I'd rather mail them out now than have them kicking around my house for six months and them getting lost or damaged.  I can hang onto yours for you if you want.