General Yuzuru Chat

1 minute ago, SparkleSalad said:

@Bunnybash Hello, fellow koala!

ACI is live streamed every year on the official Skate Canada dailymotion account. :)

Be prepared for no sleep. :coffeebath:

2 minutes ago, Sabrina said:

Last year there was an online stream on the Website from ACI and on Dailymotion of I remember corectly 

Ah! Thank you both :)  I'll definitely be sure to check it out and thats okay sleep is for the weak >:)
Nice to know there is another Aussie on here however! I was beginning to think I was alone ahaha

So There won’t be a Media Day this year ! 

But i guess that there’s a good reason for his decision! 

I am happy that he’ll be participating at ACI and he announced at it the right time because next week we’ll have to write the shiftplan for September ! 

39 degrees Celsius outside are way to warm and tomorrow it should be even warmer :( 

12 minutes ago, Bunnybash said:

Ah! Thank you both :)  I'll definitely be sure to check it out and thats okay sleep is for the weak >:)
Nice to know there is another Aussie on here however! I was beginning to think I was alone ahaha

There are a handful of us around here, though some are hard to spot. :D

47 minutes ago, micaelis said:

Face it!  Yuzu and TCC have a plan, one that is centered on keeping the competition guessing until the practice session of the first competition (in this case ACI 2019).  TCC's security has to be the envy of many a national government, so tight it is.  Nothing gets leaked.  The result is that while we languish in self-pity because WE WANT TO KNOW, our ignorance is simply collateral damage because Yuzu's competitors want to know also.  The result?  If Yuzu were a known quotient many of them might be training against what Nathan comes up with.  With Yuzu shrouded in mystery they all have to train against what Yuzu might be skating, exactly the result he wants.  Why?  Because even after two successive injury-wrecked seasons they all know exactly what Johnny Weir knows when several seasons ago he said - Nobody can beat a perfect Yuzuru Hanyu.  They know that that perfect Yuzuru Hanyu is still alive and kicking. 

Yuzu and TCC can teach the film industry a lesson in the prevention of information leaks... :muahaha:

I can picture his first press con in Oakville to be like this (but with the duct tape on for the entire 60 minutes)

Spoiler

9 minutes ago, Bunnybash said:

Do you find our location hard when it comes to following Yuzu? And how long have you been o:

I first saw him when SBS started broadcasting figure skating in the 2015/16 season but really went nutso after Helsinki WC in 2017. :tumblr_inline_n18qraikFP1qid2nw:

Its a nightmare if you want to go to see him because Europe and North America are so far and though Japan is close, their ticketing system makes it more and more nightmarish to get tickets every year.

On the plus side, because our timezones are quite close, we really benefit when it comes to live streaming his appearances in Japan. :) 

1 minute ago, SparkleSalad said:

I first saw him when SBS started broadcasting figure skating in the 2015/16 season but really went nutso after Helsinki WC in 2017. :tumblr_inline_n18qraikFP1qid2nw:

Its a nightmare if you want to go to see him because Europe and North America are so far and though Japan is close, their ticketing system makes it more and more nightmarish to get tickets every year.

On the plus side, because our timezones are quite close, we really benefit when it comes to live streaming his appearances in Japan. :) 

Yuzuru is unfortunately like many famous people :') Singers and such as well when it comes to seeing them in the flesh when you live in Australia. (especially my side of Aussie land) they don't come here. So you have to go else where, flights, accomodation, foreign tickets. I'll live in content through online content I suppose! Although I'm noticing he really doesn't give us much :1:
Struggles are real. I've been to Japan a few times it's wonderful over there but yes the ticketing raffles are something satan invented I'm pretty sure. Timezones however are awesome you're right! We'll at least we'll be able to watch those streams together comfortably! ahaha

waiting to post this because page 5000 needs somethig special

Yay for ACI less YAY for media day but as other as said Yuzuru does what Yuzuru wanys and I'm perfectly fine with it as long as he's healthy!

On the other side luckily I work in a medical enviroment so when ACI will come and he'll drop the programs I'll have my doctors close because something tells me I'll need them all:rolleyes:

48 minutes ago, Bunnybash said:

34 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

There are a handful of us around here, though some are hard to spot. :D

G'day mate! I'm a kind of cultural mix of Aussie/Japanese/British. 

As SparkleSalad said, when it comes to the events (ice shows) in Japan, us  Aussies got the geological benefit in terms of the time zones. Wherever you're, ISU competitions are live streamed on ISU web site except when your country has a TV broadcasting scheduled for the event (AUS has BSB broadcasting some of the ISU events). 

Hace 1 hora, LadyLou said:

yeah, the most important thing is that he's healthy. He can skate to wathever it pleases him, as long as he can be in good condition and good mood it's gonna be great!:tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

Yup, this is the only thing that matters, that he’s healthy and hopefully happy!!!:tumblr_inline_mi7tcqZmot1qdlkyg:

I’ll wait patiently (can we set up again some stream parties PLEASE?!!!:13877886:) and die and come back to life 10000x because of him when ACI starts...

Did I just say patiently??!!! I’m already dying at the mere thought how many days till ACI!!!!!!!!!! :1:

ETA: OMG CONGRATULATIONS BELOVED PLANET HANYU:img_21:  AND FELLOW SATELLITES:satellite:!!!!!🎉🎉🎉5000 PAGES!!!! AMAZING!!!!!!

We've done it!

MKOGcyw.jpg

And Golden Pooh and unicorn gave me an inspiration for this.

qHbDsvH.jpg

This is a mythical creature called 麒麟 (Qilin / Kirin) have a little look at wikipedia on the link. Visually the creature is a mixture of unicorn (it has a single horn) and dragon (it has scales). Yuzu has been linked to unicorn and Smaug so I think Qilin is the perfect blend of the two.:68468287:

Ill take this golden 5000 page mark as an opportunity to let you all know I might be painting a portrait of Yuzuru. Well, not might, I definitely am.
Sneak peek time? Lollll don't judge too harshly its a bit distorted but it's very large in size i had to take this from the floor. I'm a painter. Pls don't share this anywhere <3

:notamused:

Congrats on a landmark like this lets all give Yuzuru cheering on in this season :) 

Spoiler

wnya4ih.jpg