General Yuzuru Chat

8 hours ago, SuperMin said:

As of last month, still a student and Waseda obviously proud about it. 

https://www.waseda.jp/top/en-news/63995

I love the part that says "In fact, although not widely picked up by the media, two-time gold medalist Olympian figure skater Yuzuru Hanyu is actually a student at Waseda University"...yep shading some other University in some other country maybe?(I'm joking of course)

5 hours ago, makebelieveup said:

Max retires!!!

this is why I love people name Max LOL

I should name my child Max so he  could grow up smart

Max you'll be missed ...also you couldn't express the feeling about WC better then this!

Get well soon 

Is it coincidence I watched this last night? First time we ever saw that glorious costume - the only time we got to see him in practice wearing a costume. See the other skaters respectfully free the ice for him. :) 

3 minutes ago, mercedes said:

that delayed axel.....I'll never get tired of it.

Also thank you for haring the Satomi Ito doc...she's a true artist as well,what she does with a needle and some fabric leaves me  speechless.

Satomi is a true artist and a genius when it comes to figure skating costumes. I think a beautiful costume that matches a program adds so much to a performance. It's part of a complete package. I'm really glad that most skaters still put a lot of attention on their costumes. And among the men, Japanese skaters definitely have the best costumes in my opinion. :tumblr_inline_mg16go8gBg1qdlkyg:

9 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

Satomi Ito talking abt Yuzu's costumes!

"He found several big crystals on the sleeves, which might be too heavy and would affect his jumps. I heard he removed the crystal at that moment" Imagine Yuzu's face when he removed the crystals immediately in front of the designer :hachimaki:

Thankful for Max Kovtun's appreciation of Yuzu.

Translation from from RemyRose in GS:

- And what was the strongest impression?
- Yuzuru Hanyu. I didn’t care that he lost to Chen. Nathan, of course, is incredibly cool, but in the aggregate, he did not impress me so much. And at the same time it was a little sad to understand that Hanyu, in fact, has nowhere to grow. If he tries to complicate the programs, the risk of injury and the risk of mistakes will be too great.

- How, by the way, do you feel about the fact that one of the singles is about to start jumping the quad axel?
- Sometimes I think that it was not so long ago considered unrealistic to do all four jumps except for an axel in one program, but did Chen do this? If guys start jumping axel, it's almost the same thing as a five-toe loops or a salchow. And that means these jumps are just around the corner. On the other hand, our sport should not become a gladiatorial battle, where the defeated is killed to the death. After all, be that as it may, the organizers of any competition will prefer to see Hanyu riding, and not how he is killed about the quad Axel.

source: https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?51177-Maxim-Kovtun/page13

russian article: https://rsport.ria.ru/20190423/1552959541.html

Costume talk:

I wonder how he took it off? Like cut of the sleeves or plucked the crystals?

Maybe after that Ito-san started weighing his costumes?

:gla:

1 hour ago, Kim Nhung said:

"He found several big crystals on the sleeves, which might be too heavy and would affect his jumps. I heard he removed the crystal at that moment" Imagine Yuzu's face when he removed the crystals immediately in front of the designer :hachimaki:

Nah, the first time he tried it on was during Skate Canada 2016 gala practice, the designer wouldn’t have been there. I remember people reporting he was shaking his hands and ams all the time. 

3 hours ago, Ashley2162018 said:

Thankful for Max Kovtun's appreciation of Yuzu.

Translation from from RemyRose in GS:

- And what was the strongest impression?
- Yuzuru Hanyu. I didn’t care that he lost to Chen. Nathan, of course, is incredibly cool, but in the aggregate, he did not impress me so much. And at the same time it was a little sad to understand that Hanyu, in fact, has nowhere to grow. If he tries to complicate the programs, the risk of injury and the risk of mistakes will be too great.

- How, by the way, do you feel about the fact that one of the singles is about to start jumping the quad axel?
- Sometimes I think that it was not so long ago considered unrealistic to do all four jumps except for an axel in one program, but did Chen do this? If guys start jumping axel, it's almost the same thing as a five-toe loops or a salchow. And that means these jumps are just around the corner. On the other hand, our sport should not become a gladiatorial battle, where the defeated is killed to the death. After all, be that as it may, the organizers of any competition will prefer to see Hanyu riding, and not how he is killed about the quad Axel.

Costume talk:

I wonder how he took it off? Like cut of the sleeves or plucked the crystals?

Maybe after that Ito-san started weighing his costumes?

:gla:

Thanks for quoting this :pouty: can you link to the source please?

5 hours ago, Fay said:

Nah, the first time he tried it on was during Skate Canada 2016 gala practice, the designer wouldn’t have been there. I remember people reporting he was shaking his hands and ams all the time. 

I really can't understand how he removed the crystals. The story is here. So I just imagine he would tear them off