General Yuzuru Chat

LOL at all the weird names. Its funny because he has his Vietnamese translated name and its beyond beautiful. It roughly means a  person "born in the middle of a storm but is as strong as a bow". but we still refer to him as Yuzuru Hanyu. 

Anyway, it was a heck of a weekend I had. Messed up sleeping cycle but totally worth it..Now I have enough supply for 2 weeks of wait before GP COR

19 minutes ago, makebelieveup said:

LOL at all the weird names. Its funny because he has his Vietnamese translated name and its beyond beautiful. It roughly means a  person "born in the middle of a storm but is as strong as a bow". but we still refer to him as Yuzuru Hanyu. 

Anyway, it was a heck of a weekend I had. Messed up sleeping cycle but totally worth it..Now I have enough supply for 2 weeks of wait before GP COR

Do you know what his Vietnamese name is? I'm curious

1 hour ago, 4Nessie said:

Being a  language freak, I looked it up, because Czech language is really crazy with foreign names as well. (I didn't want to mention it, but maybe I should, 'cause "our" version of saying his name in a sentence like "I can see Yuzuru" is ------ be prepared------ Juzurua Hanjua  (at least J is pronounced as Y, so no craziness happening there) - Yeah, there you go. :headdesk:)

Edit - no longer needed after @glilikoi explanation

So, Hanyuelle has suffix -lle, which should be used for nouns to express meaning of "to, on,... something". (Please, feel free to correct me, if I am wrong.)

Oh yeah that cracks me up every time, my personal favorites are Ťin Po-jang and Čcha-Čun Hwan :laughing:

9 hours ago, ZuCritter said:

Finally, much as I dread returning to a world that often feels dark and scary, I carry Yuzu's image with me, a little piece of light and beauty in my heart. 

This is kind of how I feel today too (although I haven't seen him in person yet).  I have the music from HYK going through my mind, and it is giving me such a peaceful and happy feeling (so rare for a Monday) because I can remember the beauty and joy with which he skated.  

Thank you Yuzu for bringing us happiness just by being you.  (And that's enough emo from me too!) :201111231756430f6:

3 hours ago, Salior said:

If anyone can speak Korean, please help :snonegai:

[Admin edit: Please don't generalize groups of FS fans.] I suggest we not care much about them. They really put Yuzu on idol level scrutiny when we all know he sees himself as an athlete foremost. He cares most about his country and how he can win for them so I dont really think he will be upset that the korean community hates him..I read a lot of worse hate about him by the korean fans before so this isnt all that surprising. I wouldnt be surprised if they think he bullies Jun

22 minutes ago, Salior said:

If anyone can speak Korean, please help :snonegai:

Eh, some people are just that toxic, let's just not stoop to their level. It's not like we don't care about Yuzu, but if that blatantly absurd post was given response, they'll just act crazier. :3:

3 hours ago, makebelieveup said:

[Admin edit: Please don't generalize groups of FS fans.] I suggest we not care much about them. They really put Yuzu on idol level scrutiny when we all know he sees himself as an athlete foremost. He cares most about his country and how he can win for them so I dont really think he will be upset that the korean community hates him..I read a lot of worse hate about him by the korean fans before so this isnt all that surprising. I wouldnt be surprised if they think he bullies Jun

Idk... IMO the worst can happen is selective information, where people who don't know anything believes it because there's no one to disprove the false info, and that's all they hear...  It feels like we're turning our backs to obvious cyber bullying that perpetuates to even more people who might embrace and spread it. I mean if it happens word to word in real life, it's not like the victim will not suffer if we do not give attention to false info that gets more and more believers right... 

*refrains from ranting about how [Admin edit: Please refrain from starting political debates.] 2. Hating on random athletes and celebrities is not the appropriate way to adjudicate those issues and in fact trivializes and debases them because at a certain point it's just an excuse to hate*

Ahem...anyway. I don't think there's anything non-Korean speakers can do. [Admin edit: Please don't generalize groups of FS fans.], what else is new. I'm glad Chinese internet likes Yuzu--tbh like 90% of my Chinese reading practice is reading threads about figure skating, so if there was Yuzu-hatred everywhere, my Chinese literacy would probably decay to nothing.

Edit: though it's important to note that not all Koreans are like this, just an unfortunately loud subset. There are Korean Yuzu fans too

Yeah tbh the reason I joined Planet is because [Admin edit: Please don't generalize groups of FS fans.]. I also think Planet has some of the most rational fans. Its a safe haven to enjoy Yuzuru and what other skaters do on the ice. Let's not rant about the haters. Not everyone will love Yuzu and they will just spread malicious things about him. But as long as it doesnt affect his achievement and he doesnt care about it, Im totally not going to waste my energy on them