General Yuzuru Chat

42 minutes ago, IceWings said:

Yes! It was completely magical the way the entire arena fell dead silent as Yuzu took his pose to begin Otonal, and the atmosphere was electric as everyone clapped and cheered each time he landed a jump. You just don't get that from watching TV!

Since I recently discovered Yuzu during the PC Olys, I feel incredibly lucky and blessed that I was able to see him compete at ACI. I love both of his programs and have been rewatching them over and over. His Otonal costume is so gorgeous, it is easily my favorite.

I can't believe I was able to see Yuzu SO CLOSE UP! :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw: In one of the practices, he jumped a 3A in front of me that was so high, there's no doubt he is training nessie! I can't wait to see what his programs will look like next time. You lucky people who will be going to Helsinki are definitely in for a real treat!

@rockstaryuzu: It was such a bummer that you had to leave early and miss out on seeing Origin. You should definitely go to GPF! I'll be there and would love to hang out and chat with you again!

It'll take some doing but I'll at least try!

14 minutes ago, 4Nessie said:

Random post:

After rewatching like crazy I have to say, I didn't care before, but Cha Jun-Hwan is now slowly growing on me... He is like little Korean Shoma, but not so awkward when skating around. :68468287:

(Don't worry Yuzu, you will always be the first...)

I loved his R&J... just looking at it from a performance/dance perspective, he's doing some very nice things in that program. Like the bit where he synchronizes his arms to the ticking of a clock...not easy to get it right on the note at all. 

If I had to sum up my takeaway lesson from watching ACI live, it's this: any skater can skate well but it takes talent and a lot of hard work to deliver each element correctly on the musical note. It's really impressive when it works.

27 minutes ago, 4Nessie said:

Random post:

After rewatching like crazy I have to say, I didn't care before, but Cha Jun-Hwan is now slowly growing on me... He is like little Korean Shoma, but not so awkward when skating around. :68468287:

(Don't worry Yuzu, you will always be the first...)

I love Junhwan since his juniors days. So talented and such a cutie. 

He doesn’t remind of Shoma at all  :68468287: he used to be an child actor, likes to sing and dance. TBH if he wasn’t a skater I see him as kpop idol. 

2 minutes ago, Sammie said:

I love Junhwan since his juniors days. So talented and such a cutie. 

He doesn’t remind of Shoma at all  :68468287: he used to be an child actor, likes to sing and dance. TBH if he wasn’t a skater I see him as kpop idol. 

It was only my first impression when I saw him during the ceremony at ACI. He gave out "Shoma vibe", something similar to what I've seen when Shoma was standing beside Yuzu on a podium.

43 minutes ago, Sammie said:

Well, not really, not exactly. Though I agree with what @4Nessie said below — he is a bit like Shoma in that he interacted in a (broadly) similar manner to Yuzu during ACI victory ceremony :68468287:

37 minutes ago, 4Nessie said:

It was only my first impression when I saw him during the ceremony at ACI. He gave out "Shoma vibe", something similar to what I've seen when Shoma was standing beside Yuzu on a podium.

1 hour ago, Figure_Frenzy said:

Not physically though — he's taller (177 cm) than both Yuzu (172 cm) and Shoma (158 cm) :LOL:

Its weird bc Jun didnt strike me as being that tall. Maybe bc his hair often hides neck? I always thought he was shorter than Yuzu until I see them standing next to each other. Our Yuzu's proportion and neck make giving him that advantage lol

3 minutes ago, makebelieveup said:

Its weird bc Jun didnt strike me as being that tall. Maybe bc of his hair often hides neck? I always thought he was shorter than Yuzu until I see them standing next to each other. Our Yuzu's proportion and neck makes giving him that advantage lol

Not too sure about that either :68468287:, if you look at him closely Jun is a gangly boy, but he doesn't seem that gangly at the first glance. I guess I have to see again how his body proportion is like :68468287::68468287:

11 minutes ago, Figure_Frenzy said:

Not too sure about that either :68468287:, if you look at him closely Jun is a gangly boy, but he doesn't seem that gangly at the first glance. I guess I have to see again how his body proportion is like :68468287::68468287:

No, yeah I know Jun is gangly himself and at a closer look, his neck isnt short. Its the hairrr covering most of his neck and his baby cutie patootie face is slightly rounder. He is like most average Korean male celebrities (mostly kpop). Yuzu is just extra slender and his proportion is not very common: long limbs, long neck, long torso and legs...basically everything appears long -- like an anime character. Yuzu looks petite in fancam and Im sure live but if I only watch him skating or by himself, I wouldnt remember he is only 172cm

13 minutes ago, makebelieveup said:

Its weird bc Jun didnt strike me as being that tall. Maybe bc his hair often hides neck? I always thought he was shorter than Yuzu until I see them standing next to each other. Our Yuzu's proportion and neck make giving him that advantage lol

Yuzu look so majestic in his costume I really thought he was taller but when he stand next to Jun he look short but still his shoulders are broader and his waist so thin. His proportions are to die for :13877886:

55 minutes ago, Sammie said:

Nessie is getting really close to surfacing :smiley-scared003:

Cripes. Yuzu was getting insane height on his 3As at ACI and making these kinda long drops to the ice after his rotations were finished, so I guessed it had to be from 4A training, but still...:omg:

And I can't tell, even after seeing Otonal, which program he's going to put it into... I mean there didn't seem to be any obvious places to drop in a monster jump in either one.