General Yuzuru Chat

41 minutes ago, micaelis said:

For Yuzu, if he's never ridden a bicycle he could easily learn, considering his innate physical talents.  Does he need to?  Not at all.  I'm not even sure how much he drives a car.  Does anybody know if he has a driver's license?  That's a question I'd really like to see answered.

He doesn’t know how to drive. A driver or his mom drive him. I don’t know if he take public transportation or not though. 

47 minutes ago, Sammie said:

He doesn’t know how to drive. A driver or his mom drive him. I don’t know if he take public transportation or not though. 

I sort of have this fantasy that after Yuzu retires, he's going to dedicate a year to learning new things; like swimming, cycling, driving, cooking, instagraming etc. lol

Or he might just busy himself with ice shows... lol, and never learn them. :embSwan:

5 hours ago, yuzuonice said:

Interview from Javi (talks about Yuzu), by our favourite, Olympic Channel. 

https://www.olympicchannel.com/en/video/detail/javier-fernandez-opens-up-about-friendship-with-yuzuru-hanyu/

"Yuzuru is a mystery"

He's not wrong... :darklordyuzu:

You know, as much as I love their friendship, it's really annoying when it seems like the first thing Javi gets asked is something about Yuzu. Like his greatest achievement is being Yuzu's training partner. It's just too much. It makes me feel like I don't even want him to know I'm a Yuzu fan when I meet him in November >_<. He's a really great sport, much greater than I would be in his place. I'd have gotten pretty annoyed by now...

As for the Olympic Channel, they are milking it, but they also cover others. They post several things every day, while Yuzu is more or less every week lol (As answer to the SNS question, Javi should have told them he doesn't need it, since they've got it covered for him :P)

1 hour ago, micaelis said:

I'm not even sure how much he drives a car.  Does anybody know if he has a driver's license?  That's a question I'd really like to see answered.

He doesn't know how to drive or have a license. I think he said that in the same post-Pyeongchang interview where he said he can't ride a bike. Driving isn't as essential in Japan as in the US (and apparently Canada), though. Public transportation is really well developed, so there's little need for it. However, for him, privacy is a big issue, so in Japan he probably needs to be driven around and probably keeps public transportation to a minimum. In Canada, we know he used to ride the subway in the early days. But that could have been before his mother got her license or before they got a car. Now it seems she's the one who drives him around.

(And to make it up to Javi a bit

Spoiler

Javi doesn't have a driver's license either, because he said he didn't have time to get it; maybe he has since moving back to Madrid, though. However, he can swim and ride a bike and would sometimes ride his bike or walk to TCC. Though there was also a story Brian told about how Javi was late but said he'd done his warmup by riding his bike so Brian left him alone, only to later find out that Javi had indeed come with his bike, however, he'd taken the bus lol So, there have been people around who could have taught him to ride or swim, if he wanted to ;) Or they could still later on lol)

29 minutes ago, quadaxelwin said:

I sort of have this fantasy that after Yuzu retires, he's going to dedicate a year to learning new things; like swimming, cycling, driving, cooking, instagraming etc. lol

Or he might just busy himself with ice shows... lol, and never learn them. :embSwan:

He's Yuzu, it wouldn't take him a year if he really enjoyed them and put his mind to it. If he doesn't like it, though... well, we have the English example lol

12 hours ago, Huiqi said:

You can forget how to ride a bike. I am one example. Lol.

OT But my mum, too. She used to ride her bike everywhere when she was around 20, and then she didn't for a long time and tried when she was 30 and she just couldn't. Not even wobble along. Just started leaning like the tower of Pisa but unlike the tower, she toppled.

3 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

You know, as much as I love their friendship, it's really annoying when it seems like the first thing Javi gets asked is something about Yuzu. Like his greatest achievement is being Yuzu's training partner. It's just too much. It makes me feel like I don't even want him to know I'm a Yuzu fan when I meet him in November >_<. He's a really great sport, much greater than I would be in his place. I'd have gotten pretty annoyed by now...

As for the Olympic Channel, they are milking it, but they also cover others. They post several things every day, while Yuzu is more or less every week lol (As answer to the SNS question, Javi should have told them he doesn't need it, since they've got it covered for him :P)

He doesn't know how to drive or have a license. I think he said that in the same post-Pyeongchang interview where he said he can't ride a bike. Driving isn't as essential in Japan as in the US (and apparently Canada), though. Public transportation is really well developed, so there's little need for it. However, for him, privacy is a big issue, so in Japan he probably needs to be driven around and probably keeps public transportation to a minimum. In Canada, we know he used to ride the subway in the early days. But that could have been before his mother got her license or before they got a car. Now it seems she's the one who drives him around.

(And to make it up to Javi a bit

Hide contents

Javi doesn't have a driver's license either, because he said he didn't have time to get it; maybe he has since moving back to Madrid, though. However, he can swim and ride a bike and would sometimes ride his bike or walk to TCC. Though there was also a story Brian told about how Javi was late but said he'd done his warmup by riding his bike so Brian left him alone, only to later find out that Javi had indeed come with his bike, however, he'd taken the bus lol So, there have been people around who could have taught him to ride or swim, if he wanted to ;) Or they could still later on lol)

He's Yuzu, it wouldn't take him a year if he really enjoyed them and put his mind to it. If he doesn't like it, though... well, we have the English example lol

I think with English, he's just not interested in English culture that much. 

When alot of non-natives study English, they try to watch American TV Shows regularly to help them with vocabulary etc, but Yuzu seems to only watch Japanese TV or so it seems. Like I hardly ever heard him talking about American films or TV shows to study English. But then again, it's his preference. 

If Yuzu ever wanted to be half fluent in English, he either has to escape his hermit and socially hang out with people who speak english, or watch a bunch of English TV shows and read a bunch of english books to increase his vocab range. But seeing as he is too busy and involved in Skating related stuff, I think his English will stay more or less similar to it is now.
Not that that's a problem of course :winky:

33 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

OT But my mum, too. She used to ride her bike everywhere when she was around 20, and then she didn't for a long time and tried when she was 30 and she just couldn't. Not even wobble along. Just started leaning like the tower of Pisa but unlike the tower, she toppled.

Spoiler

I’m so sorry but the way you wrote it is so funny; I laugh out loud reading it! I can easily picture your mom topple over, really unlike Pisa!

1 hour ago, KatjaThera said:

You know, as much as I love their friendship, it's really annoying when it seems like the first thing Javi gets asked is something about Yuzu. Like his greatest achievement is being Yuzu's training partner

Agree. He is a champion in his own right. 

19 minutes ago, quadaxelwin said:

Same. Which is why I don't like fanyus on Javi's instagram comments on about how Yuzuvier is legit. :crazyshit:

The Yuzuvier stuff is a whole other topic and I will never understand those fans. Especially since they don't even realize their comments have the exact opposite effect to the one they surely want, namely more pictures/footage of Yuzu and Javi together.

That aside, though, it's more when even media ask him a lot about Yuzu and how it sometimes seems like that's all they care about. Sure, I'd love to hear more stories of their time training together and get to know Yuzu more through the eyes of someone so close to him - for example, in this, I actually liked his answer about Yuzu winning in Beijing a bit more than the Plushenko one; it shows he's far more aware of Yuzu's biggest problem being his physical form, which is only natural with how much he must have seen him fighting injuries - but don't make it mostly about Yuzu. Definitely don't make it all about Yuzu. It really shouldn't be rocket science...

1 minute ago, KatjaThera said:

The Yuzuvier stuff is a whole other topic and I will never understand those fans. Especially since they don't even realize their comments have the exact opposite effect to the one they surely want, namely more pictures/footage of Yuzu and Javi together.

That aside, though, it's more when even media ask him a lot about Yuzu and how it sometimes seems like that's all they care about. Sure, I'd love to hear more stories of their time training together and get to know Yuzu more through the eyes of someone so close to him - for example, in this, I actually liked his answer about Yuzu winning in Beijing a bit more than the Plushenko one; it shows he's far more aware of Yuzu's biggest problem being his physical form, which is only natural with how much he must have seen him fighting injuries - but don't make it mostly about Yuzu. Definitely don't make it all about Yuzu. It really shouldn't be rocket science...

Yes. I agree. The fanyu in the olympic channel office doesn't seem to understand this though. They look somewhat like click-bait to me now. But I love how they acknowledge Yuzu for what he is. He deserves alot of attention.