General Yuzuru Chat

3 minutes ago, Pamigena said:

Which reminds me, I distinctly remember that there were loads of people who thought that a Japanese program would be a very bad idea for Korea. .......where are you, people? Because I don't think I've seen that concern yet regarding Seimei 2.0 ? (though I may have missed it. This thread is a nightmare to follow)

You mean the old FF was easier to manage? LOL

Just now, Sombreuil said:

I'm not sure it would be a tactful choice given the history with Korea.

I think this is what a program like Seimei is about, Japan, a charismatic and powerful samurai showing his physical power, his philosophy of life... I guess everything depends on the manner which it is done, someone can show his culture without showing its presumed supremacy on another culture :POOH:

7 minutes ago, Fay said:

don't know - I'm just trying to envisage some society somewhere which would find that horror attractive. There were none in the past, there are none in the present - so ergo, they should appear in the future?

(I'm also helped by the fever I'm running)

:consoling2:

(fever dream would actually be a pretty good explanation)

@VieObsolète

I think it rather depends on whether the culture that suffered from the presumed supremacy has been able to come to terms with the history or whether it's still a sore point- I'm not qualified to judge but it is a point I've seen raised in several places, which leads me to wonder whether it would be a problem.

2 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

Haha, baby Yuzu doing his homework :BeatingHeart::1977538: Cute!

Pedantic and harsh to himself, in a productive way, from a very young age :) .

Now he has the best 3A in business, and his once problematic 3F is a thing of beauty too. Practice made perfect :goe:

18 minutes ago, Pamigena said:

Which reminds me, I distinctly remember that there were loads of people who thought that a Japanese program would be a very bad idea for Korea. .......where are you, people? Because I don't think I've seen that concern yet regarding Seimei 2.0 ? (though I may have missed it. This thread is a nightmare to follow)

There's that for sure and I am sure that there are still some people who would be grumpy but one big positive of this is that it's really old and folklore. So IMO it can pass. 
Plus the judges are international so that's all right too. 

50 minutes ago, Pamigena said:

I'm one of those people. I didn't say it would be a very bad idea, just that because of the history between the two countries, I find it unlikely that he would skate to any Japanese music in PyeongChang. It would still surprise me if he decided to skate to Seimei 2.0. Not because of the program itself, because that would be a very good choice for the Olympic Games.

A little OT, I guess. I'm analyzing some GOE averages for all top men as promised, which I'll probably post in the overall skating talk thread when done, but I need to vent how HARD this is because layouts change so damn much depending on pops, falls, and the goddamn time of the day. Nathan Chen didn't have a single layout that was the same and even changed the order of his spins from competition to competition. And every time I see a pop from Yuzuru I cry. He had A LOT of them. 

Please save me from the statistics of Figure Skating

Well, it's Olympic, it's supposed to promote "world peace". So, I don't think it would be problematic. The Korean public might not like it, but I don't think it would affect the judges. As long as Yuzuru, his team, and his fans do not wear/bring any rising sun attributes, which was one of the official regulation I believe, everything Japanese should be fine. They even must play the Japanese national anthem, "Kimigayo" if I'm not wrong, if any of Japanese athletes wins. That song was problematic in Korea apparently. There was a problem with a Japanese, who is a Korean idol, in a TV show years ago. The program played each of the program's panelists' national anthems, including the Japanese national anthem. After it was played, the public was super pissed and demanded apology. So yeah, as long as Yuzu performs something like Seimei, which basically has nothing to do with the history background of both countries, I don't think he will have any problem.

28 minutes ago, xeyra said:

A little OT, I guess. I'm analyzing some GOE averages for all top men as promised, which I'll probably post in the overall skating talk thread when done, but I need to vent how HARD this is because layouts change so damn much depending on pops, falls, and the goddamn time of the day. Nathan Chen didn't have a single layout that was the same and even changed the order of his spins from competition to competition. And every time I see a pop from Yuzuru I cry. He had A LOT of them. 

Please save me from the statistics of Figure Skating

HERO :bow::bow::bow:

Nathan Chen doesn't like following the layouts his team lays out for him apparently :rofl:
Well, as long as Yuzuru pops his 3A into a single Axel with positive GOE, he should be fine, right? 

11 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

HERO :bow::bow::bow:

Nathan Chen doesn't like following the layouts his team lays out for him apparently :rofl:
Well, as long as Yuzuru pops his 3A into a single Axel with positive GOE, he should be fine, right? 

I was waiting to comment below you so together we can make the global productivity drop!