General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, Yolo3a said:

I think he is proof that one feature doesn't make or break you. May be focusing on his eyes don't do a particularly beautiful image, but he can still kill people with the stare. But when you look at the whole face, there are hardly people who looks more beautiful than him. 

You mean to tell me that people exist who don't think his eyes are exquisite? They look like they've been carved. 

%E7%BE%BD%E7%94%9F%E7%B5%90%E5%BC%A6%E3%

Of course, all of this is completely irrelevant. :P  

44 minutes ago, ruruzest said:

bring this back here cause I need to cry ! 

What a wonderful friendship ! They will be missed !

I just came here to post this for you but you beat me to it! :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

4 hours ago, moonkat said:

Thanks for the video!  I remember a similar video to this where he was talking about how he was self conscious about the fact that he was so slender.  Strange how someone with so many women (and men) fawning over him can think so little of his looks.

I was reading a while back about various beauty standards and for Japanese men, it said that they are categorized as either Kuwaii or "Cool". I know Kuwaii is "cute".  Does "Cool" mean more masculine?  And does "clean and fresh" mean wholesome?

Also, are beauty standards for men similar to those for women: slim figure, white skin, small face, large eyes, double eyelids, curled lashes, high nose bridge.

1 hour ago, Whee1000 said:

I’m not going to address his eye shape because he looks fine to me but oh my goodness, was he not blessed in the dazzling smile sweepstakes? Not attractive? Please. 

I think his squishy eyes make his smile look even more radiant.  And I love how delicate his lips are - I watched that parade press conference video over and over.

1 hour ago, ruruzest said:

bring this back here cause I need to cry ! 

What a wonderful friendship ! They will be missed !

Seeing how playful and affectionate they are makes me completely understand why they get shipped so hard - it's almost flirtatious.  Brian said that he didn't think they'd stay in contact with each other after Javi retired.  Hard to believe that they could be so warm toward each other but mean so little 

I find him to be cute in a boyish way but not handsome. He has an amazing smile which makes his whole face light up. I love that he always seems so genuine and sincere and I admire him for his courage and skill.

17 minutes ago, Maia said:

I find him to be cute in a boyish way but not handsome. He has an amazing smile which makes his whole face light up. I love that he always seems so genuine and sincere and I admire him for his courage and skill.

Yeah same. I like his smile, it's very genuine. But I don't think he is particularly handsome. (Seems like a blasphemous thing to say here though). To me he's the #1 athlete and the #1 human being. I love that killer look he has in competitions. Can't care less about his eyelids.

Well, gotta say it. I am in love with Hanyu's eyes. It's his second feature that I fell in love with (after his beautiful smile). The monolids add so much to his eyes; they almost seem to curve up in the corners at certain angles, giving him that anime cat-like feline look, and it's natural without makeup! And it does so much when he's mischievous or glaring.

:kitty:

34 minutes ago, Maia said:

I wouldn't describe him as "handsome" either.  I think he alternates between cute and "pretty" and sometimes beautiful but I personally like that more androgynous look.  I really only find him sexy when he's skating which has more to do with his command and charisma and that killer instinct that you only see when he's competing.  But I think what's most attractive is his expressiveness and goodness.

1 hour ago, Old Cat Lady said:

I was reading a while back about various beauty standards and for Japanese men, it said that they are categorized as either Kuwaii or "Cool". I know Kuwaii is "cute".  Does "Cool" mean more masculine?  And does "clean and fresh" mean wholesome?

Also, are beauty standards for men similar to those for women: slim figure, white skin, small face, large eyes, double eyelids, curled lashes, high nose bridge.

Seeing how playful and affectionate they are makes me completely understand why they get shipped so hard - it's almost flirtatious.  Brian said that he didn't think they'd stay in contact with each other after Javi retired.  Hard to believe that they could be so warm toward each other but mean so little 

It’s ‘kawaii’ for cute, not kuwaii ( : And tbh East Asian beauty standards are much more nuanced than simply ‘cute’ or ‘cool’. Yuzu might fall into the proverbial ‘idol charm’ mould where coexistence of those qualities is a large part of its appeal (ie. delicately featured, cute/charming mannerisms but also pretty unmistakeably masculine and ‘cool’, especially when he turns the murder face on). Anyway I think there’s a little less emphasis on double eyelids/lashes etc. for men, though of course that’s helped by how he ticks off all the other qualities.

Where did Brian say that?? I think it’s doing them a disservice to say they mean so little to each other — they may not be traditional ‘friends’ in that I think it might be more accurate to classify them as ‘colleagues’ but 6yrs of supporting each other hardly strikes me as ‘little’. 

Brian said that he didn't think they'd stay in contact with each other after Javi retired.  Hard to believe that they could be so warm toward each other but mean so little 

I don't think it means little at all. You may have a professor or teacher in your life who influenced you in a life changing way, someone you may even name your kids after, but you don't hang out or chat with them on the phone. I think their relationship is more like that. 

I remember a similar video to this where he was talking about how he was self conscious about the fact that he was so slender.  Strange how someone with so many women (and men) fawning over him can think so little of his looks.

Yeah, but don't forget, Yuzu is also a very modest and sometimes self-deprecating person :) 

20 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

"Look how tiny my waist is." :biggrin:

ETA Can't find the post but it was a staff member who worked on the photo shoot talking about how you can't say no to Mr Hanyu when he asks to take a shower. 

Oh I know which one you meant. But I don't think he said tiny, didn't he say "egui"? I think he probably meant how cool it is (like, super fit, 6 packs and what not). I'm not surprised with that body fat percentage. He would do so well in an anatomy class - basically just have to look at his own body to see the muscles. 

ETA: Ah wait ok - I think this is exactly what you meant. I'm confused. :)