General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, Toni said:

You know who Yuzu reminds me of?  A young Leonardo Da Vinci  -- Now hear me out --  So we all know Da Vinci was one of the most gifted artists of all time; but he was also an inventor, an architect, a writer, a geologist, a cartographer, a botanist... you get the point.  There are geniuses, then there's Da Vinci. The term cognitive scholars use to describe Da Vinci is "polymath."  He was a genius in every single field.  He is also the first person to design multiple flying machines, that the BBC commissioned to be made and discovered several of Da Vinci's ideas would have worked. If he ever actually constructed them, Da Vinci could have been the first person to fly. 

So, Yuzu seems to perfect everything he sets out to do. He literally has ALL the skills.  Even event production. Yes, he underestimated how many people were in love with him and wanted to own many things with his beautiful face on them, but he still managed to pull off his show with utmost grace, making everyone around him joyous in the process.  Do you see it?  Yuzuru Hanyu = Polymath.

Here's "proof."  Yuzu juxtaposed with Davinci's machines and other creatures who shouldn't be able to fly: 

large.JPG4a12dd0a0fffa93a27f262fa7d19ec13.jpgwinnie-the-pooh-dreams-with-wings-bean-bava.thumb.png.05f3d3ee71bfc35c16cf79fd3fDisney-font-b-Winnie-b-font-font-b-Pooh-jpeg

This post deserves more love! :smiley-laughing021:

also, :offtopic:, but my one (1) unproblematic American boy just posted a 4A attempt and...

pretty far off lbr, but if Camden is trying, I can only imagine how many other guys are suddenly trying thanks to hearing Yuzu's words after the Olympics. Pushing the sport forwards as always.

That said, I'll be super bitter if anyone else lands it first in a competition :disdain:

5 minutes ago, yuzuonice said:

This post deserves more love! :smiley-laughing021:

also, :offtopic:, but my one (1) unproblematic American boy just posted a 4A attempt and...

pretty far off lbr, but if Camden is trying, I can only imagine how many other guys are suddenly trying thanks to hearing Yuzu's words after the Olympics. Pushing the sport forwards as always.

That said, I'll be super bitter if anyone else lands it first in a competition :disdain:

I wouldn't be surprised if this was part of Yuzu's plan. Maybe he already nailed the 4a before Pyeongchang, but couldn't use it there after his injury. Maybe he KNOWS he can do it again -- I mean after all, he specializes in the 3a. He also knows that even the 3a is a challenge for Nathan and many of the others, so if he fools his closest competitors into falling on their asses, while wasting time they should have been practicing elements they could actually do.... 

Just a short thought on the 4A.  It's beginning to look like a competition that took place back in the 1960s when the United States and the Soviet Union were seen as racing to be the first to the moon.  That race, a race in technological prowess, was won by the US and the results were that the US even today remains the only nation that has managed to land a man on the moon.  So in skating we are seeing the race to the 4A with Yuzu the obvious leader since he's the King of the 3A, a jump he had trouble in very early in his career but which became his own and more, since his ascendancy there is secured by his patented entries and landings.  The thing is that Yuzu might already be there and it was only his abbreviated season that hid that accomplishment from the world.  In any case Yuzu definitely has the lead in the race, based on his awesome command of the 3A.  If next season he shows it in competition and decorates it with his patented entries and exits of the 3A, he will not only have a TES advantage but a very commanding psychological advantage.  His competitors would see him executing a 4A with embellishments and wonder why even bother to remain in the fray.  A command of the 4A with his already present command of non-jump elements and his very superior skating skills, well, if that is the Yuzu we're seeing then, the competition will be for number 2.  

2 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

Congrats! Congrats! We must celebrate!!! Here is Yuzu's sake!!! :laughing:

(We are supposed to be celebrating and welcoming our new members, why are we scary them with such hard-core content as bald Yuzu on their first day? :rofl::smiley-laughing021:)

We promise new friends! He doesn't always look like that!! You weren't tricked I promise!! :peekapooh:

3 minutes ago, Whee1000 said:

I’m new! Sake is a good idea...kampai! Thank you for this informative and fun place; please be patient with me as learn to navigate it. 

Welcome, enjoy the fun and madness! Don’t be shy and ask if you need help! 

9 hours ago, Toni said:
9 hours ago, yuzuonice said:

I wouldn't be surprised if this was part of Yuzu's plan. Maybe he already nailed the 4a before Pyeongchang, but couldn't use it there after his injury. Maybe he KNOWS he can do it again -- I mean after all, he specializes in the 3a. He also knows that even the 3a is a challenge for Nathan and many of the others, so if he fools his closest competitors into falling on their asses, while wasting time they should have been practicing elements they could actually do....

i second to this!!!

Yuzuru Hanyu: Master of Mind Games!!!!! setting some booby trap to his opponents . xx