General Yuzuru Chat

10 minutes ago, BWOZWaltz said:

I couldn't find the definite source but the rumour has it that Yuzu has had hidden brace / braces behind teeth. I could find several Japanese blog posts suggesting that he's had it done though I couldn't find a post confirming the source. Also I've noticed in one of his documentaries that his words pronunciation wasn't clear unlike other interviews and later found in someone's twitter post while I was following #ぴょん落ちのみんなへ that the person found  Yuzu's words pronunciation rather cute due to having the braces. I don't know but it looks like "a matter of fact" among Japanese Yuzu fans that he has had his braces done.

Okay, maybe a weird question, but do we know how well off Yuzu's family is/was? It seems as if they have/had quite a bit of money (seeing as they were able to support his skating hobby/career and he was able to get braces which are very expensive in japan). I don't even know why i'm wondering, i just got curious.

6 minutes ago, BWOZWaltz said:

I couldn't find the definite source but the rumour has it that Yuzu has had hidden brace / braces behind teeth. I could find several Japanese blog posts suggesting that he's had it done though I couldn't find a post confirming the source. Also I've noticed in one of his documentaries that his words pronunciation wasn't clear unlike other interviews and later found in someone's twitter post while I was following #ぴょん落ちのみんなへ that the person found  Yuzu's words pronunciation rather cute due to having the braces. I don't know but it looks like "a matter of fact" among Japanese Yuzu fans that he has had his braces done.

No wonder! I was watching this interview and noticed his voice sounded totally different (timestamped below!)

Just now, tafattsbarn said:

Okay, maybe a weird question, but do we know how well off Yuzu's family is/was? It seems as if they have/had quite a bit of money (seeing as they were able to support his skating hobby/career and he was able to get braces which are very expensive in japan). I don't even know why i'm wondering, i just got curious.

There isn't that much information floating around, but I don't get the impression is family is that rich or well off. Consider that his mother made a lot of his costumes up to the time he did Etude. And his sister also stopped skating (though I don't recall if it was for financial reasons).

His entire family is very...ninja-like.

Ok, so I made a post on my Ru fan FS blog abt new changes in ISU rules and had an argue with Nathan fan. He claimed that if Nathan would go clean in SP he could have won Oly. We argued for hours and I was really lazy to do math but he was really persistent so I did eventually, after that he finally shut up:

Nate Oly-104.12 (His Season best) - 2, 2 (bcs his BV on Oly was 2,2 p lower) =  101.92, FP like on Oly = 215.08 == 317

Yuzu-111.68+206.17=317.85 DING DING DONG!

Ideal situation:

Chen-WC: 321.4

Yuzu: 111.68 (SP on Oly) + (206.17+12.64 (RCup: 3А+2Т)+17.77 (4Т+3Т) - 5.87 (4ТREP) - 16.88 (3А+1L+4S, that he YOLOed on Oly)-5.5 (3Lz on Оly)+6.90 (3Lz on RCup))=215.23 = =326.91.

Arithmetic is really a powerful thing, isn't it?

BTW I have a really good opinion abt Nate. He is a really smart and often nice guy. But some of his fans... :headdesk2:

7 minutes ago, tafattsbarn said:

They're a regular middle-class family. They were able to afford Yuzu skating because his sister decided to stop in order for the family to be able to financially support him and his mother took an extra job. You can read more about it here.

ETA: Yuzu's sister also started working at Ice Rink Sendai to supplement the family financially.

4 minutes ago, tafattsbarn said:

I think it is mentioned that their family is average status. They really supported Yuzu out of love, because his mom had to do part time jobs to earn extra, and his sister eventually had to quit skating because they can't afford it for the 2 child. So it's not that hard but it's not easy either. 

Just now, Xen said:

There isn't that much information floating around, but I don't get the impression is family is that rich or well off. Consider that his mother made a lot of his costumes up to the time he did Etude. And his sister also stopped skating (though I don't recall if it was for financial reasons).

4 minutes ago, tafattsbarn said:

From what I've gathered, his father is a teacher/vice principal. I think his family was financially stable since they were able to afford figure skating when Yuzu's sister started. And yep, his sister stopped skating so Yuzu could continue (surprisingly, Javi's sister also gave up skating for financial reasons so Javi could continue). FS becomes more expensive the higher up you go so it makes sense they couldn't afford to have both Yuzu and his sister pursuing FS. 

10 minutes ago, Lilona said:

Ok, so I made a post on my Ru fan FS blog abt new changes in ISU rules and had an argue with Nathan fan. He claimed that if Nathan would go clean in SP he could have won Oly. We argued for hours and I was really lazy to do math but he was really persistent so I did eventually, after that he finally shut up:

Nate Oly-104.12 (His Season best) - 2, 2 (bcs his BV on Oly was 2,2 p lower) =  101.92, FP like on Oly = 215.08 == 317

Yuzu-111.68+206.17=317.85 DING DING DONG!

Ideal situation:

Chen-WC: 321.4

Yuzu: 111.68 (SP on Oly) + (206.17+12.64 (RCup: 3А+2Т)+17.77 (4Т+3Т) - 5.87 (4ТREP) - 16.88 (3А+1L+4S, that he YOLOed on Oly)-5.5 (3Л на ОИ)+6.90 (3Lz on RCup))=215.23 = =326.91.

Arithmetic is really a powerful thing, isn't it?

I may hate math, but i gotta say it's useful sometimes 

(I hate dealing in what ifs though, what is done is done, it yielded the result it did and it's pointless thinking of 'what could've happened' because it's all hypothetical).

Quotes (i fucked up the formatting and now i can't fix it *sigh*)

7 minutes ago, VyVy99 said:

I think it is mentioned that their family is average status. They really supported Yuzu out of love, because his mom had to do part time jobs to earn extra, and his sister eventually had to quit skating because they can't afford it for the 2 child. So it's not that hard but it's not easy either. 

9 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

They're a regular middle-class family. They were able to afford Yuzu skating because his sister decided to stop in order for the family to be able to financially support him and his mother took an extra job. You can read more about it here.

10 minutes ago, Xen said:

5 minutes ago, dotsquare said:

From what I've gathered, his father is a teacher/vice principal. I think his family was financially stable since they were able to afford figure skating when Yuzu's sister started. And yep, his sister stopped skating so Yuzu could continue (surprisingly, Javi's sister also gave up skating for financial reasons so Javi could continue). FS becomes more expensive the higher up you go so it makes sense they couldn't afford to have both Yuzu and his sister pursuing FS. 

Thank you all for the info! It's in their right to be ninja like, so i get it. I wouldn't want to be in the spotlight either if my sibling was some prodigy sportsman :tumblr_inline_ncmifdw7151rpglid:

1 hour ago, Pamigena said:

:rofl:

the way he holds the razor here is like "uh yeah OK so ehm, pretty thingy, but, like, what do I do with it now? Just hold it and smile or something? To be honest I have more experience using the washing machine."

Which is probably like zero too. :english1:

I think so far he has at least avoided burning down anyone's kitchen or eating the candy like detergent thingies. I count that as a win. Now if he can avoid accidentally shaving his eyebrows with his new razor toy, we can talk about getting him a gold plastic star for being king of the P&G product line.

1 hour ago, Pamigena said:

:rofl:

the way he holds the razor here is like "uh yeah OK so ehm, pretty thingy, but, like, what do I do with it now? Just hold it and smile or something? To be honest I have more experience using the washing machine."

Didn't he say that for him doing CM's is more difficult than jumping the quads? :POOH:

34 minutes ago, dotsquare said:

No wonder! I was watching this interview and noticed his voice sounded totally different (timestamped below!)

Definitely sounds like me when I had my Invisalign (except I don’t sound as cute.... ). I don’t have much problem with speech when I had normal braces but I guessed hidden braces maybe similar to Invisalign. The tongue just feel awkward with extra the back of the teeth...