General Yuzuru Chat

There's no real reason for him to stay in Japan, aside from resting. If he's starting rehab and if that includes gliding on ice - I won't call it skating just yet - I'd much rather he did that in Toronto. Where they can keep an eye on frustration and impatience issues.

He could also be there to discuss his future, next season or even just to invite Brian and Tracy to his show in person.

But actually, ever since Brian said very clearly that Yuzu was back on the ice, but only just to maintain a feel of the ice, I hoped it meant he was in Toronto. Brian rarely states things so straightforwardly when he hasn't seen them himself. When Yuzu is doing stuff in Japan, Brian tends to say "I think" or even avoids saying anything for sure. But the way he said that made me think he saw it happen himself.

We might never know anyway, Yuzu is the king of ninjas, too.

11 minutes ago, micaelis said:

Stephen will thus be a continuing challenge to Yuzu just as Javi was.

I doubt that very much. Stephen is a child, who has so many things ahead of him, including puberty that killed off many a career. He's also got issues with the way he jumps, which may or may not translate to the point when he is more grown. Ingrained habits are hard to ditch. Yuzuru is a grown man who is at the prime of his career and there is very little in common with someone so young who is yet to enter the Junior circuit.

There's a whole slew of people on the Senior circuit that are Yuzuru's challenge, he doesn't have to train with them plus there are other adults at TCC that I am sure he's much closer to. As for English, he wants to go into coaching and as he has said himself, he needs it. 

Anyway, if there is a younger skater at TCC that may prove a challenge then it's Jun Hwan, when he settles down some more and gets over the current growing pains.

Why so concerned about thinking up "rivals," "challengers" for Yuzu? Why speculate relationship details between skaters which we know next to nothing about? To quote Mr. 2xOGG, "I don't want to talk about my rivals. I am my only rival." He also said that other skaters would pay much more attention to him than him paying attention to his rivals, which in hindsight is basically a correct assessment.

Well if it's recent, I'm just happy that he's healing and stuff. 

Must say though, nice timing of the posting. Just when fans start to get depressed, and the haters stir up talk about him being gone, we get a post by the guy who has seen the 4A in Harness, come out with Yuzu and the caption "quad king." 

Cacti are now blooming. 

1 hour ago, Yatagarasu said:

Negl, the Quad King caption had me howling with laughter. Someone's frustrated! :smiley-laughing021:

7 minutes ago, xeyra said:

TCC's shading of the highest subtlety. 

And I adore how it comes out right after Misha dodged the "Nathan vs Yuzu" question, like 'you're doing great, boy, dodge these questions, we're going to shade it all out for your sake too'

In FS community Vs US Media Hype the latter is definitely on a losing end xD