General Yuzuru Chat

5 hours ago, MrPudding said:

i really hope max will meet yuzu one day

I love that Ambesi predicts what my heart wants to happen 😎... err, except the ladies, but that's practically a given already.

2 hours ago, Anya said:

New plaques are up guys! :smiley-love017:

Well, of course. Leaking, sweating eyes early in the morning. Why not.

24 minutes ago, cinemacoconut said:

Why july 1st? Is the rankings updated only once a year? God I am so clueless...

Anyway Im happy as long as yuzus world records r intact

I won't be happy if it would be due to other skaters getting injured. 

"World ranking no. 1" does sound cool but I really hope we wouldn't care about it as if it's equal to being "Double Olympic Gold medallist". I mean, if Yuzu won't be no. 1 anymore, I would honestly be salty but only for a minute or so. I've already accepted that back in 4CC and Boyang "saving" Yuzu's ranking was a pleasant (and funny) surprise. 

ETA: Oops sorry, you meant Yuzu's world records. My eyes passed that by and misunderstood. Anyway, I still won't be happy if it's due to other skaters getting injured. I hope Shoma's fine. Yuzu might feel guilty if the Japanese men don't get the 3 spots. I just want Yuzu to rest peacefully. 

I can't believe we have to care about world ranking that much :facepalm: WS in figure skating is only use for skating order, otherwise its pretty useless. No one introduce skaters as no1/no2 in world standing. Sui/han isnt in the #1 WS,  and so as both V/M and P/C last season but i don't think anyone could look down on them just because of that world standing. This is not tennis :facepalm:  

8 minutes ago, Katt said:

I can't believe we have to care about world ranking that much :facepalm: WS in figure skating is only use for skating order, otherwise its pretty useless. No one introduce skaters as no1/no2 in world standing. Sui/han isnt in the #1 WS,  and so as both V/M and P/ last season but i don't think anyone could look down on them just because of that world standing. This is not tennis :facepalm:  

This. They even don't care and don't remember. Skaters themselves don't really care either. 

5 minutes ago, Katt said:

I can't believe we have to care about world ranking that much :facepalm: WS in figure skating is only use for skating order, otherwise its pretty useless. No one introduce skaters as no1/no2 in world standing. Sui/han isnt in the #1 WS,  and so as both V/M and P/ last season but i don't think anyone could look down on them just because of that world standing. This is not tennis :facepalm:  

We don't have to care. And yes, the ranking isn't worth much.

But it is a fact Yuzu has been #1 for over 4 years. And IMO, that's further proof of how above everyone else he has been. Yes, he might lose it because he's missed most of the season. Just like Patrick lost when he took a year off. But despite losing most of the season, Yuzu is still at the top and until the rest will stay at the top. And even after that, I don't think he'll lose too much. And I don't think it's wrong to say that even though he lost most of the season due to injury, he's still at the top and that further shows just how good he is. As long as nobody tries judging skaters just based on ranking - as is done in other sports, although in those, too, rankings rarely tell the full/true story - I don't think there's anything wrong to paying attention to the ranking as well. I haven't seen anyone truly upset about Yuzu probably losing #1. It's just a curiosity as to how things will go.

3 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

I've already shamelessly pleaded though I'm not sure anyone is hanging around reading the Worlds thread who's at Worlds. ^_^;

I will go there and try to get some Edea cards, yesterday there were none. :)

Re the credit card holders (bookmarks? That's what she told me) and lollipops-the lady set up a booth there and she is selling all kinds of hand made things related to figure skating, like necklaces, earrings, rings, gloves etc. She is also selling Javier Elvis cards/bookmarks. 

24 minutes ago, Katt said:

I can't believe we have to care about world ranking that much :facepalm: WS in figure skating is only use for skating order, otherwise its pretty useless. No one introduce skaters as no1/no2 in world standing. Sui/han isnt in the #1 WS,  and so as both V/M and P/C last season but i don't think anyone could look down on them just because of that world standing. This is not tennis :facepalm:  

actually they kinda do. Mainly just Japanese media/commentators tho. Ive seen on newspapers, the talk about the skaters in terms of their ranking. and in commentaries, they'll be like let's see what the world rank no.1 can do/as expected of world ranking no.1 etc...

20 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

We don't have to care. And yes, the ranking isn't worth much.

But it is a fact Yuzu has been #1 for over 4 years. And IMO, that's further proof of how above everyone else he has been. Yes, he might lose it because he's missed most of the season. Just like Patrick lost when he took a year off. But despite losing most of the season, Yuzu is still at the top and until the rest will stay at the top. And even after that, I don't think he'll lose too much. And I don't think it's wrong to say that even though he lost most of the season due to injury, he's still at the top and that further shows just how good he is. As long as nobody tries judging skaters just based on ranking - as is done in other sports, although in those, too, rankings rarely tell the full/true story - I don't think there's anything wrong to paying attention to the ranking as well. I haven't seen anyone truly upset about Yuzu probably losing #1. It's just a curiosity as to how things will go.

I'm not saying its wrong to discuss about WS. Maybe I saw some people stress too much about WS and worried about the potential "people judge skaters base on WS" going around when in fact nobody care. This discussion pop up many time since NHK I feel abit annoying. But that's me. And If anyone feel offend because of my words, I'm sorry. 

12 minutes ago, yuzuuu said:

actually they kinda do. Mainly just Japanese media/commentators tho. Ive seen on newspapers, the talk about the skaters in terms of their ranking. and in commentaries, they'll be like let's see what the world rank no.1 can do/as expected of world ranking no.1 etc...

That's new for me. I never hear any commentator introduce skater as no1 world ranking instead of World/Olympic/EU/4CC/National champion. Even a medal at any big comp get mention first, not world ranking. Of course when someone's first in WS, there's news report about it but most people don't care about it too much. Yuzuru was #2 at the beginning of 2015/16 season and I didn't see anyone talk about Javi get no1 at that time 

21 minutes ago, yuzuuu said:

I also noticed in Japanese commentaries they say "sekai rankin numba one" (sorry for my poor attempt of putting it into written words). My fave is "zettai ouja". 

16 minutes ago, Katt said:

That's new for me. I never hear any commentator introduce skater as no1 world ranking instead of World/Olympic/EU/4CC/National champion. Even a medal at any big comp get mention first, not world ranking. Of course when someone's first in WS, there's news report about it but most people don't care about it too much. Yuzuru was #2 at the beginning of 2015/16 season and I didn't see anyone talk about Javi get no1 at that time 

If I rmb correctly, Japanese commentators mentioned world standings in Sochi and a couple other competitions. and thing is with Japanese love of the yuzu uno rival thing. there's likely gonna be quite some talk from them. and even without the rival thing, a lot of news introduce skaters with world rankings too (not just reporting about it). Mostly, it's used among casual fans especially. but regardless, I don't care about world standings too, just saying that are quite a lot out there who uses it to describe skaters. 

in response to Erin, yeah they say it quite often. they seem quite obsessed with the standings imo. when yuzu got to no.1 back then, media etc. mentions it 

almost all the time.