General Yuzuru Chat

"Button had been attempting the double Axel jump in practice but had never landed it. In practice on the day before the free skating event, Button landed one in practice for the first time. He decided to put it into his free skating for the next day. Button landed it in competition, becoming the first skater in the world to do so" @Hydroblade

Somehow this sounds totally like something Yuzu would do :1: 

(although I know he is extremely calculative and "its all within the plan" and his idea of "lets put it in" is if he can GOE +3 it... but still..... Yuzu constantly gives me this YOLO vibe its bad for my hair)

6 minutes ago, Yuazz said:

:muahaha:

There are a couple of pics where you can totally see how he's going to look when he's an old wrinkly alien raisin

Just now, OonsieHui said:

"Button had been attempting the double Axel jump in practice but had never landed it. In practice on the day before the free skating event, Button landed one in practice for the first time. He decided to put it into his free skating for the next day. Button landed it in competition, becoming the first skater in the world to do so" @Hydroblade

Somehow this sounds totally like something Yuzu would do :1: 

(although I know he is extremely calculative and "its all within the plan" and his idea of "lets put it in" is if he can GOE +3 it... but still..... Yuzu constantly gives me this YOLO vibe its bad for my hair)

Button landed one in practice for the first time. He decided to put it into his free skating for the next day.

He decided to put it into his free skating for the next day.

put it into his free skating for the next day.

the next day.

:9:

Just now, Hydroblade said:

Button landed one in practice for the first time. He decided to put it into his free skating for the next day.

He decided to put it into his free skating for the next day.

put it into his free skating for the next day.

the next day.

:9:

Spoiler

Watch Yuzu do the same with the 4A. We'll all be basking in the glory of him landing it and being like OMG HE'S BEEN PRACTICING SO HARD I KNEW HE COULD DO IT GUESS MAX WAS RIGHT HE'S BEEN LANDING IT WOW!!!!!!! and then he'll be like... actually.... I landed it for the first time without a harness yesterday..... 

To be perfectly honest, this is my impression of Yuzu:

50% This-is-all-within-my-calculations:glasses::hachimaki: and 50% YOLO I'LL JUST DO WHAT I WANT AND KILL EVERYONE :darklordyuzu::muahaha:

(and 100% beautiful perfection obviously) :kitty:

9 minutes ago, OonsieHui said:

Hide contents

Watch Yuzu do the same with the 4A. We'll all be basking in the glory of him landing it and being like OMG HE'S BEEN PRACTICING SO HARD I KNEW HE COULD DO IT GUESS MAX WAS RIGHT HE'S BEEN LANDING IT WOW!!!!!!! and then he'll be like... actually.... I landed it for the first time without a harness yesterday..... 

We1uzBN.jpg

As many people seem not to understand the pressure Yuzuru has to face as an Olympic Champion, this interview with Adelina Sotnikova might show you what it feels like as an Olympic champion. I know many people don’t like her for her win at Sochi, but she’s actually a very good skater and doesn’t deserve hate. Here in this interview she’s very honest, what she feels might be  what all Olympic champions feel. And this is why most Olympic champions retire after the Olympics. We should be grateful that Yuzuru has sacrificed so much to stay in this sport. All the pressure from his country, from the skating world and the pressure he put on himself is unfathomable. 

from https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/threads/vaytsekhovskayas-interview-with-sotnikova.103618/

No matter how many times I was told I have to put the Olympic gold medal behind me it was still in my head. You have that gold medal, the world spins around you, you are invited everywhere. And on the other hand if something goes wrong it's the worst. Because you can't even speak out. You are an Olympic champion and don't have a right for a mistake. You start feeling it's all the people think about around you.
But the Olympic champions are not robots. They have a soul, they have a body that keeps changing. It's a different feeling on the ice every time. Everything hurts, you lose weight, you gain weight and it might not even be related to what you eat. And the worst thing is that you can never tell how long it'll go, what you'll have to face tomorrow.

15 minutes ago, meoima said:

As many people seem not to understand the pressure Yuzuru has to face as an Olympic Champion, this interview with Adelina Sotnikova might show you what it feels like as an Olympic champion. I know many people don’t like her for her win at Sochi, but she’s actually a very good skater and doesn’t deserve hate. Here in this interview she’s very honest, what she feels is exactly what all Olympic champions feel. And this is why most Olympic champions retire after the Olympics. We should be grateful that Yuzuru has sacrificed so much to stay in this sport. All the pressure from his country, from the skating world and the pressure he put on himself is unfathomable. 

from https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/threads/vaytsekhovskayas-interview-with-sotnikova.103618/

It makes the fact he wants to keep skating even after his golds that much more heroic. Knowing there will be criticism everywhere, but fighting on for skating. 

Edit: and it makes me dislike anti's even more. 

..totlaly OT, but I just have to say it: I love it so much, that the Olympic rings are showing as a placeholder for individual posts in my browser!

I do not know if I say this technically correct, but I see these rings all the time now, and I find it so lovely and thoughtful!

:thanks:, to whoever programmed this!!!:thanks:

9 minutes ago, Xen said:

It makes the fact he wants to keep skating even after his golds that much more heroic. Knowing there will be criticism everywhere, but fighting on for skating. 

Edit: and it makes me dislike anti's even more. 

That is why he is THE greatest. He did win twice but it wasn't just luck, ot others having a bad day. He was no.1 and he kept being no.1 all those time. 4 YEARS!! with such high competitivenes! Unbelieveable. It was like his own era