General Yuzuru Chat

9 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

I find it a but unlikely that Yuzu would do back-to-back competitions within a week, so if he goes to NHK then I think CoR wouldn't be an option. I think SC+NHK or NHK+IdF could happen, but we'll see. :)

Hmm SC+COR if NHK goes to Shoma. There's just so much about IDF that I am mentally rebelling from considering the possibility. But if they must invite him and he must go, they better have proper medals and proper ice!

If Yuzu does the Grand Prix I’m almost certain he’ll get the host spot for NHK and I don’t expect  them to try to put him against Shoma there. Shoma’s GP selections will depend more on the World podium results any way. The only way I see the two of them at NHK is if it were held in one of their hometowns and I don’t believe it is for 2018. 

Yuzu hasnt had a competition in Japan since 2016 NHK Trophy, it’s been a ridiculously long time since he’s competed in Japan and I think he knows and acknowledges this too. The only way I don’t see him going to NHK is if with his rehab he tries to schedule himself for later grand prixs to allow himself more time to prepare. 

13 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

NHK 2018 will be in Hiroshima, they announced it at the end of the gala last year. I remember people on Twiter being amazed that accommodation was already booked out a few hours after the announcement. :biggrin:

Oh man, I love Hiroshima. The best okonomiyaki on earth!  (Sorry, Osaka, you're still pretty good though!)

53 minutes ago, kiches said:

Yuzu hasnt had a competition in Japan since 2016 NHK Trophy, it’s been a ridiculously long time since he’s competed in Japan and I think he knows and acknowledges this too. The only way I don’t see him going to NHK is if with his rehab he tries to schedule himself for later grand prixs to allow himself more time to prepare. 

Yeah, I didn't think about this. As long as he's healthy enough to do GPs series, everything's ok. I won't complain about NHK anymore :smiley-sad021: