General Yuzuru Chat

55 minutes ago, yuzuonice said:

nooo, he wouldn't :8:

3 minutes ago, Yuazz said:

Doesn't he himself who choose to use seimei? If he's the one who decide the music, I'll trust it will be good or at least interesting. And I wouldn't be surprised if he choose more Japanese or Asian's songs. 

It was a joke Guyzzz.. Think of the long winding off season ahead. Sometimes the jokes won't be very clear. 

16 minutes ago, xeyra said:

Depends on whether he needs more or less time for his recovery, and which host country might invite him since he won't have an automatic 2 spots due to missing Worlds. SC (who won't have any top contender men so might invite Yuzu) and CoR are doable, but so is SC and NHK or NHK and IdF (France), though the later seems more brutal schedule wise. CoC and IdF is also an option if for some reason he doesn't do NHK.

The options are many. Hopefully he'll be recovered in time of GP season and if he is, chooses to do it.

Yes, i'll depend on his recovery. I think if he recover like his plan, he will do GPs. The only one I think he won't choose is COC, but who knows ? Maybe this year Shoma will get NHK. I would like to see Yuzuru at non NHK event. Nothing against the event itself but NHK was a fix for him in the last quad, I would love too see him at another GPs. I think any host country would love to have him in their GPs :'D

4 minutes ago, Katt said:

Yes, i'll depend on his recovery. I think if he recover like his plan, he will do GPs. The only one I think he won't choose is COC, but who knows ? Maybe this year Shoma will get NHK. I would like to see Yuzuru at non NHK event. Nothing against the event itself but NHK was a fix for him in the last quad, I would love too see him at another GPs. I think any host country would love to have him in their GPs :'D

While I’d like to see him do other GP as well I think that if possible he will choose NHK

Just now, Katt said:

Honestly, I'm terrified he'll get invited to France. If he goes, the ice better be good, and a proper medal please. Granted if he actually goes, there might actually be more money for these things. o_O

The ones that I think would invite him are: France, China, Russia and possibly Canada. I'm still thinking that NHK might still be his spot-there's something of a homecoming for him, and Japan might want to see him compete back on home soil after not seeing him this season, if nothing else, just sentimental reasons.

47 minutes ago, Katt said:

I hope fans won't take Yuzuru's greatness for granted. What he did in the past four year were more than enough. The list of injuries he had is probably longer than all top men combine. He went through  COC collision, an almost career ending injury after Boston, an ankle injury this season. Just one of those could break most skaters out there. Yet, he overcame all and got 2nd OGM. He doesn't need to do this or that to please some people. He need to rest and heal his ankle properly, not to think about proving himself again. We don't know when he could get back to on ice training, and how his training with 4A go. Its not a normal quad and even Yuzuru himself know it would take a huge burden on his ankle. I would love to see his 4A, but if its not happen next season ( or ever), its still ok. No one can take any title or his legacy in this sport just because the lack of 4A. I hope once he restart his full training, fans won't scream 4A 4A everyday :facepalm:

I think the "4A everyday" might be screamed more by the critics of the "shifting goalposts" fame. And in reply, us Hanyu fans might need to go bash back expectations (and criticisms) with a mighty bat. At this point, I'm looking at the 4A prospects with something that's a weird combination of a sad smile, a smirk and extreme snark in preparations for comments wars from other corners of the FS media world.

A sad smile, because it's so good to see him overcome adversity and situations that would have made most people cry and give up. Yet sad, that despite all he gave to the sport, accomplishing on painkillers what no one has managed to do in 66 years, in one of the most competitve quads of men's skating, the goalposts are ever shifting. And while he says he feels no external pressure, I always think that somehow, those comments do nag at him, even a tiny bit. He's human, not an emotionless android afterall. The fact he turns all these external pressures into something of a challenge, that he could shape into something that may be "fun" for him, is amazing.

The smirk and extreme snark are of course for the FS media commentators out there (we know who they are now) with the shifting goalposts, always asking him to be perfect and beyond perfect, yet no matter what, always say he could be a bit more "perfect." If anything, they have trouble understanding that something this extraordinary is being done by a human (though maybe not 100% normal one)-sometimes they have tin foil hats on, ones so thick that logic from fans or even more neutral critics cannot even reach their brains.

15 minutes ago, axelnojutsu said:

While I’d like to see him do other GP as well I think that if possible he will choose NHK

15 minutes ago, Xen said:

Honestly, I'm terrified he'll get invited to France. If he goes, the ice better be good, and a proper medal please. Granted if he actually goes, there might actually be more money for these things. o_O

The ones that I think would invite him are: France, China, Russia and possibly Canada. I'm still thinking that NHK might still be his spot-there's something of a homecoming for him, and Japan might want to see him compete back on home soil after not seeing him this season, if nothing else, just sentimental reasons.

I think Shoma might get NHK this time, he is the only national champ who didn't do NHK I think. SC is very high possible, especially since Patrick retired. And there's many reason why I COR > IDF and I think we all know :slinkaway: Anyway, it will depend on the top 6 seed at WC this year. For sure JSF won't let Yuzuru and Shoma do the same GPs. 

Just now, Katt said:

I think Shoma might get NHK this time, he is the only national champ who didn't do NHK I think. SC is very high possible, especially since Patrick retired. And there's many reason why I COR > IDF and I think we all know :slinkaway: Anyway, it will depend on the top 6 seed at WC this year. For sure JSF won't let Yuzuru and Shoma do the same GPs. 

My guess is that COR would timing wise work well for him, with recovery time after his healing period. But some part of me still suspects that NHK is Yuzu's if just for sentimental reasons.

For CoC, if I think about it, my guess would be Boyang, Vincent Zhou being the primary competition, possibly Mikhail Kolyada gets an invite, maybe Aliev too.

Now the question is....where will Yuzu go to get his traditional first GP silver? (joking, but it's so normal for him, it's kind of odd if that pattern doesn't hold)

Honestly, I think if any GP organizers don't invite him, they are stupid... He's the only one who can sell out venues. Beyond that, it'll be a matter of choice. Also, if he's not eligible by normal standards, that means he can go to any GP, regardless of who else is there. But we'll see... I think they're announced in May?

7 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

Honestly, I think if any GP organizers don't invite him, they are stupid... He's the only one who can sell out venues. Beyond that, it'll be a matter of choice. Also, if he's not eligible by normal standards, that means he can go to any GP, regardless of who else is there. But we'll see... I think they're announced in May?

I have doubts SkAm will, they'd want homeboys to have the podium and they can't do that with Yuzuru + I think USFSA made it pretty obvious they don't care about selling and marketing :tumblr_inline_ncmifdw7151rpglid:

2 minutes ago, Xen said:

My guess is that COR would timing wise work well for him, with recovery time after his healing period. But some part of me still suspects that NHK is Yuzu's if just for sentimental reasons.

For CoC, if I think about it, my guess would be Boyang, Vincent Zhou being the primary competition, possibly Mikhail Kolyada gets an invite, maybe Aliev too.

Now the question is....where will Yuzu go to get his traditional first GP silver? (joking, but it's so normal for him, it's kind of odd if that pattern doesn't hold)

Let see, I realize its still too soon for GPs. We can predict once we get top 6 at WC. Since he won 2nd OGM, I hope one or some of the curse will be lifted   ( 4CC silver, SC silver, 1st GP silver, 2 silvers in one season <-- too many silver lol ) 

1 minute ago, Anony said:

I have doubts SkAm will, they'd want homeboys to have the podium and they can't do that with Yuzuru + I think USFSA made it pretty obvious they don't care about selling and marketing :tumblr_inline_ncmifdw7151rpglid:

That further proved my point, re: stupid lol Isn't Yuzu supposed to be past his prime and guaranteed to be beaten by super quadster Nathan? And even Vincent is a rival? lol But yes, that could be. I think NHK and either CoR or Skate Canada are most likely...

On 3/7/2018 at 7:42 AM, kaeryth said:

In hindsight, seems like a lot of medalists in Torino have ended up influencing Yuzu... Shizuka, Plushenko, Stephane, JButt (the entire men's podium basically :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:)

Torino's Men's podium is probably still my favorite podium because I totally adored all 3 :embSwan:.  And that they'd influence my next fave?!  It was fate, folks!! Though Yuzu himself is my favorite champion.  

1 hour ago, kaeryth said:

B.ESP (mirrored to avoid getting flagged)

Hide contents

Watching Yuzu as a clockwise skater is doing things to my brain!:tumblr_inline_ncmifiE3IT1rpglid:

Well, technically Yuzu can go anywhere next season, but in reality I think there's going to be more than enough behind-the-scenes drama. I don't think JSF would want Shoma and Yuzu in the same GPs. Assuming Shoma medals at Worlds, there are only so many GPs he can go to without competing against the other medalists. So first they'd have to figure out where to send Shoma before they can find GPs for Yuzu. And other federations have their own agenda as well. For example USFSA will probably want Nathan at SA, and they may not want him to compete against Yuzu there, and Shoma couldn't go there either assuming both he and Nathan medal at Worlds. And nobody really has any idea how much sway the federations and/or the medalists from last season's Worlds actually have, because all this happens behind closed doors. So I guess pretty much anything can happen :shrug: