General Yuzuru Chat

6 minutes ago, Xen said:

@Elle@creamlullaby@wingman:

Also joinging in the chorus-Welcome to the Planet! Just a small warning-please pay attention to Mount Irene in the NW corner, as it tends to erupt occassionally, with the eruption consisting of Poohs, glitter dust, chocolate vapors etc. Also watch out for the Paprika fields at the border of the capital city-when Yuzu is gone for a long time, sometimes the paprika fields expand wildly, and prime minister Pooh needs to deploy more android pooh bots to mow down the wild paprika.

Erm... could you give me some context? (Mount Irene? Paprika? Is there something I'm seriously missing in the fandom?) (Newbie sorry :) )

15 minutes ago, wingman said:

Erm... could you give me some context? (Mount Irene? Paprika? Is there something I'm seriously missing in the fandom?) (Newbie sorry :) )

Some time ago, during the off season last year we started joking about the geography of this forum, should it be an actual real planet. The conclusion was that we have a capital city with lots of storage space for all the poohs collected, many many ice rinks, a giant center for BV calculations, and a volcano that erupts whenever something major happens. Paprika fields grow wild when things are sad (due to Yuzu mentioning that he doesn't like bell peppers/paprika), while tomato fields also grow and bloom when things are good (because he loves them). And of course, Prime Minister Pooh is the tissu box pooh. =)

If you're into humorous takings on the suffering of a Hanyu fan, check out the daily spread eagle:

Well, since it's going to be a bit more quiet news-wise with Yuzu's withdrawal, I guess I'll promote my little side project in case you guys feel a little Yuzu-deprived. I've been compiling documentaries, news Fluff, and Interviews for each season. It's still a work in progress though and I'm currently still updating the 2013-14 season because he had a LOT of media appearance pre and post Sochi. Mayhaps people who are learning Japanese might try flexing their knowledge by translating some of the older interviews? :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

17 minutes ago, Xen said:

Some time ago, during the off season last year we started joking about the geography of this forum, should it be an actual real planet. The conclusion was that we have a capital city with lots of storage space for all the poohs collected, many many ice rinks, a giant center for BV calculations, and a volcano that erupts whenever something major happens. Paprika fields grow wild when things are sad (due to Yuzu mentioning that he doesn't like bell peppers/paprika), while tomato fields also grow and bloom when things are good (because he loves them). And of course, Prime Minister Pooh is the tissu box pooh. =)

If you're into humorous takings on the suffering of a Hanyu fan, check out the daily spread eagle:

:peek:I suggest you look at the first post, we have a new image of Mt. Irene!

14 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

Well, since it's going to be a bit more quiet news-wise with Yuzu's withdrawal, I guess I'll promote my little side project in case you guys feel a little Yuzu-deprived. I've been compiling documentaries, news Fluff, and Interviews for each season. It's still a work in progress though and I'm currently still updating the 2013-14 season because he had a LOT of media appearance pre and post Sochi. Mayhaps people who are learning Japanese might try flexing their knowledge by translating some of the older interviews? :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

:bow:

16 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

Question, is there a thread we should do for compiling news clippings or articles in other languages? I know I posted the interview with Zhao Hongbo in the General Skating chat, but maybe we should do separate threads in the translations section? That way people won't need to flip through pages to find something.

18 minutes ago, Xen said:

Question, is there a thread we should do for compiling news clippings or articles in other languages? I know I posted the interview with Zhao Hongbo in the General Skating chat, but maybe we should do separate threads in the translations section? That way people won't need to flip through pages to find something.

That's a good idea! I'll specify in my post that I'm compiling JPN media. Where else but in foreign media will we get these types of quality reporting... :biggrin:

Seriously though, if anyone can start a non-Japanese media/interview compilation thread that would be awesome.

12 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

That's a good idea! I'll specify in my post that I'm compiling JPN media. Where else but in foreign media will we get these types of quality reporting... :biggrin:

Seriously though, if anyone can start a non-Japanese media/interview compilation thread that would be awesome.

#neverforgetHamyulla

18 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

...Hamtaro Yuzu and his Hamtaro quads...okay, someone stop me before this gets too far.

1 hour ago, wingman said:

No that wouldn't work - given how they can't defend a few trolls, what's going to happen with everyone's credit card information?

Sorry to revive this auction discussion. I could feel everyone's kuyashii~, and of course, you are totally right, these trolls are heartless idiots.

But honestly they just increased attention to the auction. As I said above, serious people/groups will bid at the very end. Just think of Yuzuru - he always has a great comeback.

I'm sure it will turn out well (barring technological disasters from Yahoo, like, the auction page get hacked or shuts down... )

You're right, of course. I wouldn't trust them with mine either. :dry:

53 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

Lmao, that's funny. Poor Yuzu... his name gets butchered like that. 

But that aside, I'm new and all, but I think separating news threads by country is a good idea.

Sorry guys its jst so emotionally draining to see hate on Yuzu in bucket loads living in Korea... 

I kind of envy fans living outside here. 

Cry cry.

Back to the bright stuff.

After the  parade do u think he might start announcing his return for grand prix this season or do u guys think he will skip it?