General Yuzuru Chat

9 minutes ago, ClarissaH said:

Sorry for the double post. 

So the 3rd auction is up past 41 million yen. I really hope it isn't fake. 

Who wants to place bets on when this auction will be cancelled and there'll be a repost? 

I really wish we don't because this isn't funny anymore. :smiley-angry020:

8 minutes ago, ClarissaH said:

Who wants to place bets on when this auction will be cancelled and there'll be a repost? 

:facepalm: seriously I don't want to curse.. But now I'm cursing those fake bidders. I'm so sad for yuzuru and mad for those who make a joke of this charity. I don't think they could continue the auction. They restarted it for 3 times already! I think they should make the person who wants to buy the boots to contact them first. 

And it's back down to 4 million yen. 

With all the extra precautions that were put into place to prevent fake bidding, troll bids are still passing through? 

It really is disheartening that this is happening.

It really should have just been taken to an auction house and done more professionally. I mean, considering Hanyu's current status I'm sure the people holding the auction at the very least considered that fake bids would be an issue. It's not right for people to be making a mockery of a charity auction by placing fake bids and artificially driving up the price, but if it was considered an issue then the proper precautions should have been taken, even if it meant doing the auction in an offline setting. 

2 hours ago, Floria said:

Well, at least this time Asahi tv won't be able to take it down, lol.

High quality video, no commentary, sound the best amongst all the videos I've watched so far. Lower framerate makes Yuzu seem faster than in NBC video but sometimes a bit more blurry and not half as shiny. :laughing: Seriously, the NBC video is the only one that you can actually see the sparkles.

The problem is the auction site doesn't have the means to prevent a bid from being placed. People have to e-mail them to legitimize their bid, yes, but it doesn't seem to prevent it from being made in the first place, before verification happens. Which is logical, because if every bid had to wait for verification from actual people, it would take too long and basically have people be outbid even before they placed a bid. However, there should be some way to have some instant verification, like requiring an actual credit card. 

1 hour ago, creamlullaby said:

Hey guys! I've been a casual fan of yuzuru since sochi but recently started following him a lot closely since around January (Olympics hype!). I'm really glad he's putting his health first and seeing him so happy since Pyeongchang has been great! 

I just started looking at this thread and I saw a lot of posts about trolls on twitter, the auction bid and Japanese media protraying his fans in a mocking way, which I'm kind of confused about? I thought he was really loved and popular in Japan just in general with the public, at least that's the impression I got from Chinese fans? Could anyone explain a bit to me? 

Welcome welcome!

It's just usual cycle craziness of the fans.

Re:Yuzu's popularity: As with any public person, he has people adoring him and being literally crazy about him (spoiler alert: you just joined a forum full of those people :D) like Sendai, but also there are people hating him, for how perfect, how kind and seemingly undisturbed by their pettines he is (and if he pays attention to them, it's with eloquence they cannot reach in their answers because well, Yuzuru has YEARS of hard work behind him), and how adored he is for that; in Japan you will probably meet only a fan, a hater, or a person knowing literally nothing of FS, though that is my exaggeration.

Reason is pretty simple, if not nice at all: Japan has had SO.MANY.GOOD.SKATERS who didn't get as much recognition as Yuzuru(not his fault), and their fans will be bitter about that. Japan also has a lot of good skating schools based in Nagoya region, and they produced a lot of good skaters and have a lot of still competing ones, so they obviously want to push them  and not Yuzuru coming from the small(in skating terms) Sendai. Which, while producing small amounts of international-leveled skaters, still manage to be the city of the only Olympic Gold medallists in FS for Japan (again, not Yuzu's fault).

Plus, with all the overscoring going on, Yuzuru's scores are kind of '??? only this???' and most people actually UNDERSTANDING the rules are in Yuzuru's fandom, so people trying to argue against him are met with a hard wall of people who studied the rules probably more intensely than the judges themselves. So, the only way to fight us is to troll.

So to sum this rant up, he's both feverishly loved and hated with the same amount of vigor (but, judging from the number of people registered here, guess which side is stronger :D)

Also loving a person doesn't equal loving their fans, esp if you want to have that person a national treasure and international fans wants you to share him with them...you know kinda how you don't have to be friendly with your friend's friend.

36 minutes ago, ICeleste said:

The only accurate Yuzuru/Yuri comparison :clap:

I wanted to comment on that, but I kept getting something sounding really insensitive/not what I really meant, so I ended up typing 'the art imitiates the art' and then keysmashed because wtf Ao?? I like yours better xD

40 minutes ago, ClarissaH said:

If that happens I petite for the Planet to set up some kind of fundraising page opened only for the Planet members to gather the cash and enter the bid as Planet Hanyu. We have Japanese speaking people, and while we might not reach 41million yen, we WILL for real want to give that cash to the recovery efforts.

And if we win those boots we can start a mobile Hanyu museum to tour the world for all the fanyus to have a chance to visit somethign like that without the need to go to Japan.

1 hour ago, Moria Polonius said:

Well, at least this time Asahi tv won't be able to take it down, lol.

High quality video, no commentary, sound the best amongst all the videos I've watched so far. Lower framerate makes Yuzu seem faster than in NBC video but sometimes a bit more blurry and not half as shiny. :laughing: Seriously, the NBC video is the only one that you can actually see the sparkles.

what country are you watching from? just so I know what country to VPN..... 

Hi everyone,

After lurking for a week here I became convinced about the good vibe of this community. So happy to join!

I discovered Yuzuru right before the Pyeongchang (one of those articles on "who to watch out for in the Olympic games"). I've always had a soft spot for good athletes (being a former athlete myself). The week before Pyeongchang, I was watching him for *hours* everyday. I caught up with all of his interviews, performances, gala etc. The thing is, I'm totally not the emotional type. Until Yuzuru, I never understood the word "inspired" or "moved", really.

The most crazy thing is that Yuzuru literally changed my life. Seeing him enjoy himself so much made me envious! So I asked myself: why aren't I having that much fun in my work? This has set off a transformative journey, and now my life is so much more fulfilling. . My story could have been replaced by the poster story for religious converts, and it would resonate with many. Yuzuru is the closest thing to God - really.

Anyway, about that auction. I'm an academic by trade (and happen to research on... auctions), so I can tell you that all this trolling will not deter experienced, true bidders.

By "true" I mean they really want to buy it and have the money in the millions of yens, "experienced" means they are reasonable, logical people. So this would include big organizations, museums, trusts etc... -- those that probably do make up a portion of those high bidders.

There is some psychology going on in bidding, yes. But in these ascending auctions, the best strategy is to submit your bid once, and that bid is your true price (ie: the maximum of how much you want to pay). Since if you win, you only pay the price of the second bid, therefore, there is no harm in submitting your true price.

For these timed online auction, only the last day matter. True bidders won't care about it so much until the last 30 minutes. So it's probably all trolls now.

God, I can't visit the forum for two days and I found like 35 page to view  :Poohgaveup:. Well now I'm up to date. Glad that he's resting and healing, that is the importan thing.

On 7/3/2018 at 5:21, Floria said:

ETA I like this photo

That is why I have "the confessions of skating" in blacklist, it doesn't deserve our attention.

11 minutes ago, wingman said:

Hi everyone,

After lurking for a week here I became convinced about the good vibe of this community. So happy to join!

I discovered Yuzuru right before the Pyeongchang (one of those articles on "who to watch out for in the Olympic games"). I've always had a soft spot for good athletes (being a former athlete myself). The week before Pyeongchang, I was watching him for *hours* everyday. I caught up with all of his interviews, performances, gala etc. The thing is, I'm totally not the emotional type. Until Yuzuru, I never understood the word "inspired" or "moved", really.

The most crazy thing is that Yuzuru literally changed my life. Seeing him enjoy himself so much made me envious! So I asked myself: why aren't I having that much fun in my work? This has set off a transformative journey, and now my life is so much more fulfilling. . My story could have been replaced by the poster story for religious converts, and it would resonate with many. Yuzuru is the closest thing to God - really.

Welcome! Are you ready to begin the emotional rollercoaster with us :9:?