General Yuzuru Chat

1 minute ago, getsurenka said:

Are people just having fun and messing around right now? (Personally it's not that funny...)

I don't think it could be "messing around". There was a new restriction put on it, that if you were going to bid more than 500,000 yen that you needed to send an email with various information for it to be confirmed. 

I don't remember who it was that suggested this but it's likely that Chinese companies are getting in on the bidding since they're hosting the next Winter Olympics. Either than that or some rich Fanyu's in Japan, or other places in the world. 

2 minutes ago, ClarissaH said:

I don't think it could be "messing around". There was a new restriction put on it, that if you were going to bid more than 500,000 yen that you needed to send an email with various information for it to be confirmed. 

I don't remember who it was that suggested this but it's likely that Chinese companies are getting in on the bidding since they're hosting the next Winter Olympics. Either than that or some rich Fanyu's in Japan, or other places in the world. 

But after they came out with that rule, the bidding went up to over 10 mil before it was brought back down to 4 mil again (And last I checked earlier it was around 6mil before it skyrocketed to the amount now), so there must still be something going on.

1 minute ago, ClarissaH said:

Aw but that's admin page though. Us common folk can't see those so they don't count. :LOL:

We had this happen around 2000 too. The page count started going down for members, but it hit for Hydro. :4: We almost hit 2000 for a good while before we actually did. 

3 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

We had this happen around 2000 too. The page count started going down for members, but it hit for Hydro. :4: We almost hit 2000 for a good while before we actually did. 

We're at 2999 here in the future :9:

(It's bc some members occasionally hide their posts and it adds up.)

39 minutes ago, getsurenka said:

Are people just having fun and messing around right now? (Personally it's not that funny...)

If those people really fake and messing around... Indeed it's not funny. This auction is for a good reason. For helping people in needs. And knowing that there's some people who make fun of this....:slinkaway:

9 hours ago, micaelis said:

New program?  Old program remodeled?  As much as there are some programs from the past, sometimes distant past, that I'd very much like to see again, I think considering the time shortening and jump limiting, Yuzu would do better to go with a pair of completely new programs.  Since he often does the music editing himself I think the very act of doing the mixing for a shortened program will get his creative juices focused on the positive aspects of the new duration, particularly since, according to him, he is often laying out a broad choreographic structure of his own before consulting with a choreographer.  Kurt Browning, in a remark he made one day about choreographing Yuzu, said that Yuzu is good because he actually listens to what the choreographer has in mind, which implies that Yuzu already has done a lot of work in sketching out a sequence of moves.  I think for Yuzu working with a choreographer involves initially letting the choreographer know what his thoughts are and then the choreographer shows and tells him the possibilities Yuzu's ideas have for further development.  It becomes a back-and-forth cooperation.  That is I think why Yuzu's programs are so good.  They aren't so much constructed as they are evolved.

As for another reason to go for the new, I think Yuzu has to see himself as starting afresh.  We're now into a new Olympic cycle.  If he's going for a threepeat he needs to focus on the future rather than the past.  He did not recycle any of his pre-Sochi or Sochi programs after 2013/14.  He started afresh with Chopin and Phantom.  He needs to do the same here.  Exactly what kind he should do, I  think at this point he should look for somethings non-Japanese, in order to put the past to rest.  That doesn't mean he won't do anything Japanese in later seasons, but he has to clearly differentiate what he's doing now from what he's done in the past, particularly the most recent past.  The problem for Yuzu though is that his programs' musical styles are so broad that it will be hard to come up with music that one can't say 'been there, done that' in terms of style.  I do think I'd like to see for his long program something over the top in drama, like RJ1 or Phantom.  Seimei's virtues are it's elegance and understatement.  He doesn't need that so soon again.  He needs something violently passionate.  Movies offer plenty of musical opportunites.  I wish he were into Tolkien.  There's lots of good music in LOTR.  But that's my own inclination.  There have to have been movies (specifically non-Japanese movies) he's really gotten into.  He should go to those since he's already 'invested' emotionally into them.  I think, though, that it is necessary that he gets music that's off the beaten path, since if the music is well known the audience might already have expectations of how he should skate to it.  He needs the audience to 'discover' the music through him, rather than remember it through him.

What is particularly hopeful to me, though, is that his treatment and rehab means that he will have to be doing a lot more thinking about what he has to do before he gets out on the ice and starts doing it.  We have to remember that the rehab does not involve total absence from the ice, but rather a gradual working up to full training mode, how gradual being dependent on how his ankle is coping.  Slight signs of trouble - slow down or pull back.  No problem showing - move to the next level.  What this means is that as things evolve to the point where Yuzu is not simply training, but actually starting to practice specific programs for competition, he will be doing so with a full sense of what the programs need to accomplish.  One thing working to Yuzu's advantage if he should decide to go to Beijing is the fact he's already been through TWO Olympic cycles.  Nobody currently alive has ever entered an Olympic cycle with two consecutive gold medal cycles already under his belt.  For Yuzu it is definitely a case of 'been there, done that, time to do it again'.

And 2 full cycles at that.

Since 2012 he never missed an entry to the World Championships either, nor missed GP series until last year. He needs a vacation

12 minutes ago, cinemacoconut said:

And 2 full cycles at that.

Since 2012 he never missed an entry to the World Championships either, nor missed GP series until last year. He needs a vacation

Truly impressive when you think about it. Really shows he didn't lost his motivation or ambition.