General Yuzuru Chat

31 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

I want to see!

Here is Nobu picture and this is article with pictures about the ice rink. When I was looking for it I found the translation of Yuzu's video message. It's in the post #267 on page 18 in Yuzuru Hanyu: Links to Media Only thread on GS (I don't know if I can quote it here)

1 minute ago, Dori6886 said:

Here is Nobu picture and this is article with pictures about the ice rink. When I was looking for it I found the translation of Yuzu's video message. It's in the post #267 on page 18 in Yuzuru Hanyu: Links to Media Only thread on GS (I don't know if I can quote it here)

Thank you for your service!

1 hour ago, xeyra said:

a-wax-figure-of-yuzuru-hanyu-japanese-fi

Yeah.... no. :smiley-scared007:

Actually, the more I look at it the less alarming it looks. The facial structure is actually quite accurate, with an exception of his eyes that has a much more prominent double lid and waterline in comparison to this figure's. It's just the colouring on the skin, I think, is what makes this wax figure feel more "off" than it actually is.

Well however inadequate the sculpture is it's probably better from his point of view than Mme T's traditional method which was to take a live cast- bad idea if you have allergies - he'd have hives for weeks.

Well... Making a wax figure of an alienly handsome boy from a planet far, far away from here wasn't a very good idea :smiley-scared005:. They should've done an extra of some famous Earth habitant - and no one's sense of beauty would have been hurt (much):laughing:.

15 minutes ago, Anony said:

Actually, the more I look at it the less alarming it looks. The facial structure is actually quite accurate, with an exception of his eyes that has a much more prominent double lid and waterline in comparison to this figure's. It's just the colouring on the skin, I think, is what makes this wax figure feel more "off" than it actually is.

Agreed!  The eyes look off and the nose looks slightly off to me too.  It even looks older than the 19-yr old Yuzu with youthful energy dancing to PW:eek::confused:   But they did a good job with the mouth and chin :biggrin: