General Yuzuru Chat

hace 1 minuto , yuzuangel said:

Yess. He's a natural...isn't he.

He can skate to Star Wars OST. Has anyone mentioned it in the Music thread? Judges will like it.

But I can't imagine it with ruffles and rhinestones...:slinkaway:

2 minutes ago, Floria said:

He can skate to Star Wars OST. Has anyone mentioned it in the Music thread? Judges will like it.

But I can't imagine it with ruffles and rhinestones...:slinkaway:

Lots of people want black with sparkles - deep space? Not my taste but ...

7 minutes ago, AsteroidB-612 said:

Hahah I was just about to link this... Great minds think alike lol

And also , don't forget this 9b401c9136048ffac07501a135dde283.jpg

You can't begin to imagine how LOUD i squealed when i saw this live. That Kouhaku was magical for me, no other Kouhaku will ever top it

3 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

Thank you! I have it on my harddrive but prefer using a tabIet to watch. It helps to cozy up to idol LJ groups to dig this stuff up, too, but they're so painfully strict about everything. That's actually how I got on to Yuzu this year. Someone uploaded a clip of Sakurai Sho talking about him and Shoma @4CC.

19 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

Thank you! I have it on my harddrive but prefer using a tabIet to watch. It helps to cozy up to idol LJ grouos to dig this stuff up, too. That's actually how I got on to Yuzu this year. Someone uploaded a clip of Sakurai Sho talking about him and Shoma @4CC.

I have it so i can relive the moment where i hopelessly fell in love :sadPooh::

At about 16:15 i went "whoa... who's that"

At 16:18 i went "That's... that's the figure skater right? The one who won the Olympics?"

At 16:21 i fell in love.

Fun fact: i was looking for the timestamps (i'm at work) and when he smiled i felt my stomach full of butterflies and i have the most stupid smile ever. When i watch it i always feels like it's the first time...

10 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

I have it so i can relive the moment where i hopelessly fell in love :sadPooh::

At about 16:15 i went "whoa... who's that"

At 16:18 i went "That's... that's the figure skater right? The one who won the Olympics?"

At 16:21 i fell in love.

Fun fact: i was looking for the timestamps (i'm at work) and when he smiled i felt my stomach full of butterflies and i have the most stupid smile ever. When i watch it i always feel like it's the first time...

My moment was your namesake at Boston. Chills.

6 minutes ago, sweetwater said:

Every time he was on camera he seemed to be having fun and looked so cute. I cannot help but smile every time I see a photo or a footage from Kohaku.

Is this Kohaku like a talent show? And he was a judge on it? Sorry, I don't really have a context for this video. :laughing:

11 minutes ago, xeyra said:

Is this Kohaku like a talent show? And he was a judge on it? Sorry, I don't really have a context for this video. :laughing:

In English it's called the Red and White Song Battle and it's held on New Years Eve. It's like Eurovision but with two teams - men and women - and all the acts are popular singers, bands, and groups invited to perform. They then invite celebrity guests to judge and hold a popular vote with viewers. It started after the war and the men vs women was apparently to show the equality of the sexes. There was a special TV movie made about it a couple of years ago:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4409910/

Kohaku is the NHK (Japan National TV channel) New Year's program and it's always been a big deal, matter of prestige and such to be on it (of course, nowadays, many think it's outdated, but I still find it generally more entertaining than New Year shows. It's supposedly a song contest, with two teams. Red Team - which is primarily female artists; there are some bands that also have male members sometimes in the Red Team - and White Team, which is primarily male artists. And a panel of judges and yes, Yuzu was one of the judges. I'm still not exactly clear on how voting goes - the past two years have been somewhat controversial - but every year, there's a winning team.

In the Kohaku Yuzu was in, they also did an all artists performance of Hana ha saku, where you can see - not really hear, unless your ears are much better than mine - Yuzu sing. (Every year there's a main all artists performance, that year, it was Hana ha saku)

ETA: @SparkleSalad was faster than me :snmouchotto:

ETA2: I actually watched this before I became a Yuzu fan, but was really impressed by him even then... Although I could have sworn he wasn't older than 18 :P And I loved Hana ha saku (although that it was played on piano by Yoshiki was the main reason I listened to it closely :oops: