General Yuzuru Chat

16 分, kichesさんが言いました:

So, I have to ask since I also listened to a Shae-Lynn’s interview with PJ Kwong... Is it that uncommon for skaters when working with choreographers to actually try the choreography out with jumps? I would think it’s a smart and normal thing to do but Shae-Lynn makes it sound uncommon. I think Jeff has also talked about Yuzu trying choreography out with the jumps as well. 

Apparently so. Because according to Takahashi:

"Yuzuru is a man who cuts no corners. Ever. The rest of us would mark down spots for certain things in practices for comps and ice shows because we don't see the point in doing them. Not Yuzuru. He'd just go ahead and do them. Quads, axels, you name it, he'll jump them. Even when there's no one around to see."

Source: 3:18-3:50 of this video <-- this link was still available when I first came across it and translated the above quote from it. But I sat on it for months and the user account now no longer exists. :(

37 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

For real tho, I'm loving our method of communicating with the Lord :smiley-laughing021:

I know there was controversy the first time but this is really cute.

17 minutes ago, xeyra said:

A whole program dedicated to Yuzu's counter 3A entry and spin entries and how difficult they are. 

All I gotta say is :dancingpooh:.

Oh wait that wasn't a word. I have no words.

I see a cycle here:

1. newsnewsnews

2. conspiracy theories

3. other skaters 

4. some more conspiracy theories but they start to get annoying I'm looking at you fellow reporters 

5. old news seeping away

6. just as it was about to be complete silent... new news come but a deadly kind aka something actually NEW about the king himself

7. cactuses reappearing

8. back to newsnewsnews

and we still never learn from it :LOL:

43 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

For real tho, I'm loving our method of communicating with the Lord :smiley-laughing021:

Only with Yuzuru are bus stops a legit communication device. 

Now to see if Yuzu actually replies with a bus stop communication of his own. 

1 minute ago, Xen said:

Only with Yuzuru are bus stops a legit communication device. 

Now to see if Yuzu actually replies with a bus stop communication of his own. 

If he's gonna reply, lets make it a bigger scale. 

ANA sponsoring him his own giant billboard to communicate with deprived fans :laughing:

who uses social media anymore :P

8 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

I see a cycle here:

1. newsnewsnews

2. conspiracy theories

3. other skaters 

4. some more conspiracy theories but they start to get annoying I'm looking at you fellow reporters 

5. old news seeping away

6. just as it was about to be complete silent... new news come but a deadly kind aka something actually NEW about the king himself

7. cactuses reappearing

8. back to newsnewsnews

and we still never learn from it :LOL:

Reminds me of the speculation cycles over what he would skate to this season - usually culminating in a panic that he might go back to Phantom!  Probably why his actual choice was never as unpopular here as elsewhere!

17 hours ago, Pamyu said:

I'm gonna be brave and go :offtopic: for just a moment! I saw this and thought it a rousing YUZU!ANTHEM for Olys and thought you might miss it if it wasn't on general thread so:

Just have a quick look, I hope it'll make you feel ready for the excitement of seeing Yuzu skate again!! C'mon Yuzu!!

This goes to show just how great a phenomenon Yuzu is.  Could any other figure skater have been so popular everywhere that the resources were available to put together a video like this, a video which is obviously professionally done or done by those who have professional-level skills?  One of  the things which always impresses me is the breadth and strength of Yuzu's fan-base.  It's really understandable though once you've really gotten acquainted with him and are aware that he is very much more than a figure-skater, that, in fact, he's a truly great human being, a person who despite all his success and all the fuss that has been made about him remains untouched by arrogance or pettiness and treats everybody with humility and respect.  The world would be a much better place if those like Yuzu were easy to find.

57 minutes ago, Sammie said:

Is there any other men that does the counter 3A? I think someone said Jeremy Abbot? 

Not in competition. We've seen some counter 2As from the ladies but no one dares on the 3A. I remember seeing an instagram video of someone doing a counter 3A in practice (don't remember who, not even sure if our lady of memory @kaeryth remembers it) and it was basically called 'doing a yuzu'. :laughing: