General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, Forcefield said:

Sending text and line messages to JSF. Sending a worded comment to an awards show. Gotta admire the effort to keep everyone else in the dark. I'm actually continually surprised and kind of proud of this skater and whoever is managing him (since he doesn't have an agency). Like they say, if you're going to do something, do it right. Don't water the cacti.

I like it a lot. It's one of the things I respect most about him. He's an athlete first and foremost. He doesn't get distracted by the attention...he doesn't lose his head in his idol status. He doesn't get arrogant like that. He stays perfectly grounded and puts training above all else. Why should he give his competitors an edge with a new video of his skating when everyone is still speculating on his condition? I'd gladly be kept in the dark if it meant his competitors are, too.

12 hours ago, Danibellerika said:

Thanks to info from ShiroKJ on GS, they said that a korean article listed the income of Yuzu and other athletes and they said he makes over $2 million a year but that he limits his contracts.  Probably better so he doesn't lose his mind with a bunch of commitments and can actually train. Here is a link to the article unless you guys have seen and I completely missed it which is totally possible. :

http://m.sports.naver.com/general/news/read.nhn?oid=469&aid=0000268788

This is pretty low, I feel. Are they just estimating? I feel like he does maybe 4-5 CMs/endorsements a year. I'd imagine they'd pay him more than $500k each even if just to use his image (i.e. stickers). I guess JSF takes a cut. I feel like his FaOI contract should be quite a lot, because he was clearly the headliner, and he sold out their tickets like several times over. :shrug: Oh well. I am really happy he limits his contracts. I admire him a lot for that.

6 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

He has plenty of time to get to his physical peak then! I'm quietly getting more and more positive... I almost DON'T want a video or a photo of him to break the mediatic silence... 

I think he's fine when it comes to his form peaking. We'll see about the stamina and what he even ends up choosing for his layout/jumps. 

I definitely do not want anything right now, as he seems tucked away in a bubble where he can skate so anything disrupting that is eh. Hopefully someone hides the 4CC coverage and results from him :laughing:

13 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

I like it a lot. It's one of the things I respect most about him. He's an athlete first and foremost. He doesn't get distracted by the attention...he doesn't lose his head in his idol status. He doesn't get arrogant like that. He stays perfectly grounded and puts training above all else. Why should he give his competitors an edge with a new video of his skating when everyone is still speculating on his condition? I'd gladly be kept in the dark if it meant his competitors are, too.

9 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

This is pretty low, I feel. Are they just estimating? I feel like he does maybe 4-5 CMs/endorsements a year. I'd imagine they'd pay him more than $500k each even if just to use his image (i.e. stickers). I guess JSF takes a cut. I feel like his FaOI contract should be quite a lot, because he was clearly the headliner, and he sold out their tickets like several times over. :shrug: Oh well. I am really happy he limits his contracts. I admire him a lot for that.

Yes, this makes me admire him so much! Also just the fact that he has yet to have a public social media, not that there's anything wrong with that though. Even though I'm dehydrated asf and I bemoan it every now and then, he and his team goes about it so smartly for the right impact, with everything from his training to his image.

Sorry, I'm still gushing pages later and not so eloquently either or maybe I didn't phrase it right but hopefully it gets across. I try to restrain myself; I'm too often awed by both the little and big things when it comes to Yuzu.

1 minute ago, liv said:

Yeeah, right. He will want to see what Boyang is up to, and how Shoma's shaping up... there's no hiding the results from him!

A girl can dream :laughing:

He's going to lose his #1 World Standing if Shoma wins so I am sure he'll be miffed, and a miffed Zu ... well Brian can sit on him. Seriously though, I'm sure it'll just spur him further on!

Just now, Yatagarasu said:

A girl can dream :laughing:

He's going to lose his #1 World Standing if Shoma wins so I am sure he'll be miffed, and a miffed Zu ... well Brian can sit on him. Seriously though, I'm sure it'll just spur him further on!

I doubt Brian will be around to sit on him. He was in Korea, now he'll probably be at Cdn Nats... someone has to sit on him, but I don't know who since Tracy is probably going to be commentating this weekend on TSN... maybe his mom will do it !!

Just now, liv said:

I doubt Brian will be around to sit on him. He was in Korea, now he'll probably be at Cdn Nats... someone has to sit on him, but I don't know who since Tracy is probably going to be commentating this weekend on TSN... maybe his mom will do it !!

Ghislain can :laughing:

I think his poor mother is too slight for that ... 

1 minute ago, Yatagarasu said:

Ghislain can :laughing:

I think his poor mother is too slight for that ... 

I think his mom would work. I really doubt he'd try to knock her off if she did...too much respect and devotion, like a good boy. And, there's also next week at Europeans... Brian will be gone for that too!! Hmmm... not sure...Yuzu... training without supervision for far too long....

3 minutes ago, liv said:

I think his mom would work. I really doubt he'd try to knock her off if she did...too much respect and devotion, like a good boy. And, there's also next week at Europeans... Brian will be gone for that too!! Hmmm... not sure...Yuzu... training without supervision for far too long....

You're right about respect, true true!

And eh, it'll be fine, he has Ghislain and Tracy and everyone else plus Skype! 

Reposting from the Olympics Tickets thread :biggrin:

So I just had a thought (and @robin mentioned that the Chinese fans might have done something similar at CoR), that if you aren't going to the Olympics but want to send a pooh, if you mail it to me I could carry it + throw it for you. you can ship one to me along with a letter which i can attach to the pooh. (if you send it to me electronically, i can print it, put it in an envelope, and attach it to a pooh.) so if anyone is interested, just let me know.......... :biggrin: 

It doesn't have to be me, you could also send a pooh/letter to anyone else going to the event as well. :P 

2 hours ago, Yatagarasu said:

I definitely do not want anything right now, as he seems tucked away in a bubble where he can skate so anything disrupting that is eh. Hopefully someone hides the 4CC coverage and results from him :laughing:

I am so thankful for the Oly Team event right now. Honestly, can't imagine the stress we all would be feeling (him included) if he had to skate the Singles' SP right away after months competition free. I might even be able to enjoy the Team event, since it's just like a 'trial' version of the real thing lol. 

Also, unrelated but yesterday while I tried to catch up with the competitions, I opened Nathan's FS interview and the first thing I heard was "Well, Hanyu's great, but now Nathan has proved that he's just as good as him!" and I had to close the video without actually watching the FS LOL. TRIGGERED. 

48 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

I am so thankful for the Oly Team event right now. Honestly, can't imagine the stress we all would be feeling (him included) if he had to skate the Singles' SP right away after months competition free. I might even be able to enjoy the Team event, since it's just like a 'trial' version of the real thing lol. 

Also, unrelated but yesterday while I tried to catch up with the competitions, I opened Nathan's FS interview and the first thing I heard was "Well, Hanyu's great, but not Nathan has proved that he's just as good as him!" and I had to close the video without actually watching the FS LOL. TRIGGERED. 

I haven't watched it and I'm not gonna bother to watch it. But this is why Yuzu wants to go and win decisively.  

8 minutes ago, Sombreuil said:

Kaoris shoulder, Gabby has had pneumonia- we need a thread to track all the injuries and illnesses - or maybe one for healthy competitors would be easier :animated-smileys-embarrassed-23:

Today Lena Radionova revealed she’s had a fracture similar to Zhenya’s twice - and she skated with the injury. I don’t quite believe in the existence of a healthy skater by now.