General Yuzuru Chat

2 minutes ago, Danibellerika said:

I don't know if what works for Shoma will necessarily work for Yuzu. 

Sorry - badly phrased - I meant that Shoma might benefit from doing the FS

4 minutes ago, Danibellerika said:

So the New York Times article is in print. But according to my friend the title is worse. Says "Icon Stumbles on Road to Perfection".  *sigh* 

Of course it does...... :dry:

I preferred the Michael Jackson version. 

55 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

Jesus ... after reading all this discussion abt layouts  and stamina and lack of training and stuff, all I can say is that I'm worried sick abt him, I'm not ready for the Olys at all and I can't believe that we are almost there ....  omg ... how am I gonna keep my shit together I have no idea :tumblr_inline_ncmifiE3IT1rpglid: .... I need a drink :dpooh:

I just remembered an inbteresting thing- when I started running to correct my (nonexistent) condition, I ended up noticing difference by the end of second week of a day of running-day of rest schedule, and I'm not by any means an athlete with proffesional staff behind me and years of muscle memory to rely on. If we assume that Japanese/space-kitty powers of persistence fused with the power of professional staff and good training background+rehab, we might assume he is noticing difference in half that time, and that would mean since at least one week.

Of course I didn't gain the stamina to do effing 5 quads program, but I also think that if he is already on the ice stamina is already going up (I'm sure somebody once said the skating excersises aren't too easy). So, to be honest, I'm positive his stamina will be in competition shape, however strange my wording seems :tumblr_inline_mp4i2vHXDy1qz4rgp: It's the matter of the other stuff and on one hand I wish Olys started tommorrow so we can have the stress behind ourselves, on the other hand I feel like it's waaaaaaay too quick for our fragile hearts and Poohs :squishedPooh:

50 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

Curious, guess we'll see then, in case they do qualify. Huh, I honestly have no clue what he'd choose. I can see the pros and cons to both.

If we can see that, I wonder what his space-kitten eyes see...

51 minutes ago, Danibellerika said:

So the New York Times article is in print. But according to my friend the title is worse. Says "Icon Stumbles on Road to Perfection".  *sigh* 

Trust the paper to ruin good title!

Yes, they changed the title but...

It's a full sports section headline, and inside, double pages (I've seen it). That's really a lot for figure skating, and for someone who isn't from the US. Put in perspective, Bradie didn't get a quarter of that as a National champion. So really, still good and kind of illustrates his importance :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

It's the NYT a month before the Olympics, and NC has just won their national competition in a fairly emphatic fashion- of course they're going to edit the title of an article about his rival.  Be grateful it isn't a UK contender with the UK tabloids weighing in - then you'd really see some terrible headlines.

1 hour ago, Danibellerika said:

I think with the final preparations of planning the trip I am in a weird place.  Sort of nervous, but also so busy planning things that I can't think about it as much.  I think distractions might be good. 

I don't know if what works for Shoma will necessarily work for Yuzu. 

Yes I saw the altered title in my print edition this morning. Wonder if the title was changed now that “Nathan is the favorite for Olympic gold” (according to American media).  Terry Gannon asked during the NBC broadcast and Tara said Nathan was the favorite, but Johnny (bless his heart) did not.  Interesting that US media is ignoring Shoma.

Talking of UK newspapers - it's a weird thing - the Times doesn't cover skating at all really but throughout the GP season, in their photos section, they had a picture of a competitor (usually female and pretty - I definitely remember ER) from each competition.  My mothers tabloid of choice, a rag called the Mail actually has articles about it - ( not large or prominent ones because the winter is for football as any fule kno) but actual written content.  Odd.

2 minutes ago, Sombreuil said:

Talking of UK newspapers - it's a weird thing - the Times doesn't cover skating at all really but throughout the GP season, in their photos section, they had a picture of a competitor (usually female and pretty - I definitely remember ER) from each competition.  My mothers tabloid of choice, a rag called the Mail actually has articles about it - ( not large or prominent ones because the winter is for football as any fule kno) but actual written content.  Odd.

At least you have something! I think the last time I saw Figure Skating in Polish media was when Kaliszek/Spodyriew became the founders of a foxtrot pattern or something like that, right after finishing 15th in Boston I think-the highest Polish competitor/team finished in ages. Even with PC closing on, most we hear of is ski jumping, with a reason, but come on!

They did secure the spot for PC though...

19 minutes ago, Sombreuil said:

Talking of UK newspapers - it's a weird thing - the Times doesn't cover skating at all really

Guardian has the oddest coverage too. They actually covered the US ladies Nats now. I think they once covered the SP of something, but not the FS. It's so random. 

15 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

Guardian has the oddest coverage too. They actually covered the US ladies Nats now. I think they once covered the SP of something, but not the FS. It's so random. 

I will forgive the Groniad for a lot after their nice article about John Curry and Yuzuru.  Any quality newspaper coverage is a good thing.  The Times doesn't even have sporadic coverage- just Olympic results, no articles.  Pages and pages and pages and pages of football- reports, results, analysis, gossip, occasionally spilling over into the crime pages. Rugby, cricket, horse racing- apart form that it's little bits and bobs of coverage of any other sport.  At least the skating makes it onto the tv - one of my sons is a keen fencer and you're lucky to ever see that off YouTube.

1 minute ago, Sammie said:

Is it or you’re missing him so much that you are starting to see him everywhere.  :laughing:

Then again Nam seem to like to troll ppl and why not troll Yuzu dried up fans.  

I'm missing him so much that my yuzu radar is currently on at maximum mode trying to detect ninja yuzu to the point that I'm accepting a very blurry small picture in another skater's social media that its him. :facepalm: