General Yuzuru Chat

A 70 years old lady from Osaka prefecture made her way to Yuzuruha shrine to pray for Yuzu to be able to show his original strength in Olympics. She was lifted in spirits when watching Yuzu's performance and his fighting spirit after feeling exhausted physically and mentally from caring for her elderly mother five years ago. 

I am really happy and proud how Yuzuru and his skating had inspired many people of all demographics and circumstances! 

By the way, Merry Christmas or happy holidays to all the satellites!

3 hours ago, the50person said:

I'm sure they alr prepared enough standees to go thru events w/0 him=))). Btw the left one looks a bit creepyyy: the 'fake' Hanyu dressed up while pr-ing the product :peekapooh: (and everyone must pose so diligently for event photos pretending like it's real :embSwan:)

I laughed so hard at the Yuzu cardboard :laughing: Whoever got this idea is a genius :laughing:

I read that JFS will allow him to skate either or both program in team event if he want, so he may not have to skate the SP. I feel he may consider to skate the LP, but I don't think he will skate both. Whatever, seem like the fed really support him this time, which is good. Don't mind the naysayers, they will always have thing to rant. 

As for the layout, I think Yuzu may go back to last year's LP layout. Its 4 quads, but its still very hard especially with his condition and the fact that he go straight into PC without any comp to test the layout. He only skate clean with 4 quads LP once last season. Of course we'll see how Nathan and Patrick do at Nationals and how 4CC goes, but I feel that layout is enough. At the same time I won't surprise if he keep 4lz as well. Just be healthy and take it slow Yuzu !!!!

7小時前, getsurenka說:

https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20171225-00085507-nksports-spo

For those who were worried about Yuzu's mental state with three months of no competition before men's event, I believe this article mentioned about how JSF is willing to let Yuzu compete in both SP and FS of team's event if he wants to or choose to do so in order to regain some competitive feeling before the men's event. 

I wish they didn't said it is a special privilege for Yuzuru. I am worried about bitter feelings that may potentially arose from other fans; I have already see some comments not so nice about it...

I feel more comfortable as Yuzu is given the above choice. It is also a good ‘tangible’ support that JSF gives to Yuzu that can help him practically and mentally (hope Yuzu feels so). Frankly, it’s the first and only time I have positive feelings about JSF as I read many Yuzu’s fans expressed their dissatisfaction or anger for how it has been treating Yuzu.

I hope he and his team can make the wisest decision that is most beneficial to him.

Before Yuzu’s withdrawal from those competitions, I read that many fans hoped Yuzu only take part in SP Team event or even better not to take part in any of the Team event so as to save energy for his SP and LP as the chance of Japan winning any Team medal is almost 0%.

For our reference:

Competition schedule (Korea time)

9 Feb (Fri, 10 am): Team Event: Pair Short and Men SP

12 Feb (Mon, 10 am): Team Event: Men LP, Ice Dance Free and Ladies LP

16 Feb (Fri, 10 am): Men SP

17 Feb (Sat, 10 am): Men LP

Best wishes to Yuzu! <3:grouphug: