General Yuzuru Chat

It's beginning to look like the GPF this year is going to be more notable for who isn't there than who is, particularly for the men's event.  No Yuzu, no Patrick, no Boyang, no Javi - That's four of the big six.  Shoma will almost certainly win it but it will be more a win by default than a true win, a win that will have a fairly large-sized asterisk by it.  That means there will be a lot more attention to the various national competitions, particularly the Japanese.  If Yuzu skates there, and while I'm quite sure he wants to, I really wonder whether he should.  Basically the season, as far as the men goes, is taking a vacation until PC.  I think it will go down as a particularly weird season, a season highlighted, on the men's side, with inferior skating by supposedly world class skaters (Patrick and Javi here) and injuries (Yuzu and Boyang).  Right now who will win at PC is a very open question because half the field is out of commission until PC itself.  I bet the bookmakers are having a nightmare trying to figure the odds.  Before the season started it was looking like the GPF would be a grand preview of what everyone would see in PC.  Now there is no preview and it all boils down to PC itself unless enough skaters decide to go to 4C, but there we'd still be missing Javi and Patrick has said he's out until PC.  So, everybody, with a brief look at things at Japanese Nationals (if Yuzu competes there), we are going to be kept in the dark until PC itself.  I think this is becoming a season of utter strangeness.

6 hours ago, Murieleirum said:

I just wanted to share with you the facebook banner that the administrators of the Italian skating facebook group put up today after the news of Boyang withdrawal. I thought it would be nice to know that all around the world, these skaters will be strongly missed. :sadPooh:

:sadPooh::sadPooh::sadPooh:

5 hours ago, Sammie said:

old but new to me and I can’t stop smiling. His adoration for kids just melts my heart. How can you not love this guy?  :devilYuzu:

Every time I see adorable videos like this, I feel sad that I'm older than Yuzu. :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:

3 hours ago, Yolo3a said:

Yay 2017!!!! I missed 2000 but is in the year of perfect Hope and Legacy. :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

I missed 2017, the magnificent year of Hope and Legacy. It will forever be my favorite Yuzu program!

Here's to a happy 2018 for Yuzu!!! Ah, how time flies :embSwan:

1 hour ago, kaerb said:

Boyang is such a sweet kid ; ___ ; breaks my heart that he's missed out on the GPF again but he fought so hard to prove he could officially qualify so I hope that's a weight off his shoulders. And Zhenya too -- I hope she recovers properly and is her upbeat self again ;; In some ways, this weird AF GPF season was a reminder to appreciate everyone we might have taken for granted in the FS scene, Yuzu included

May 2018 and the Olys be the year where all the injured athletes can come back to be their best selves and put out their ideal performances 

Aww...that's adorable..it also feels like what junior Yuzu might do if in a similar position. :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

7 hours ago, Danibellerika said:

Yeah that's more important of course. But I didn't mean to correct him in this video, but I mean in general since he's started studying.  Not addressing yourself as "san" or any honorific was one of the first things I learned, so I never practiced it that way to develop the habit.  

:81::offtopic:Yeah, I know that you did not mean to correct his Japanese, and as you said, we don’t usually address ourselves with honorific except when we use “ore-sama” or when we are hosting a TV show for kids. I don’t know why Jason said “Jason-san”, but it reminded me of the casts in such TV shows. They often introduce themselves saying things like, “Minasaaan, konnichiwaaa! Uta no oneesan desu yooo!” or “Yaa, minna! Taiso no oniisan dayo!” Maybe he should teach children English via TV :laughing:

4 hours ago, MrPudding said:

was this shared?

What is this??????

It’s a short TV program aired yesterday. The title means “doors to awareness”. It’s about how people learned important things in their life. For Yuzu, going to Canada and having to communicate with his coach in a foreign language was a door to awareness of the importance of putting his thoughts into words.

When he went to Canada he was learning things depending only on feeling because he could not communicate with Brian in English so well. So he started taking notes in Japanese, to digest what coaches told him. Then he realized that things he puts into words stay in his memory. Feeling is unstable and gets easily affected by the situation he is in. Words, on the other hand, is stable and don’t get affected by his surroundings. This awareness helped him to improve and become what he is now.

11 minutes ago, cirelle said:

I misread that as ’no one expects us’ and had visions of the Spanish Inquisition.. :pouty:

You know, our lord and savior already wore the fitting color as the Yuzuticon you used proves, so...

And actually yes, nobody expect us, Gaijin fans, unless you're the Japanese media who LOVE to point out Yuzuru's international fanbase...a thing or two to learn, Western media...

That being said wohoo, we're in the future! Quick, clean all the obstacles you can find in the Skaters' way so that Overlord can have his perfect competition to win with a perfect skate! (And destroy any chances of injury, it's the year after PC, and we remember what happened year after Sochi...)