General Yuzuru Chat

When you really want to watch the slow motion version but are not ready for all the emotions that it will bring :embSwan:

For now I was too overwhelmed after a minute and half - trying to compose myself for later to finish it ~ :pbow:

Danibellerika said:

LOL well their stats did suck. Yuzu 2016 World Champion? Yeah, it SHOULD have been that way, and if it were I likely wouldn't have been in Helsinki because seeing him win in person in Boston would have been good enough (though honestly it was a lot more rewarding with Helsinki and I was happier than I think I would have been in Boston). Boyang, 2x WBM? Not until 45 minutes later. They needed to get it together. :hachimaki:

I'd like to think they're prophetic rather than incorrect, and they meant Yuzu 2017 World Champion rather than 2016 ;)

Alia Jackson, everyone involved, what a wonderful video! Lys, I'm so happy to see some of my suggestions included, just like Yuzuru you guys are striving for the best and improving! Thank you so much, time to watch this video many many times. :goe:

We should all thank Gladi, who was the one who actually did the editing ;) :goe:

And thanks to you for providing such great feedback (which would be even more useful for new projects when we can incorporating some of your ideas since the beginning) :D

This reminds me:

1) unexpected / creative / difficult entry

2) clear recognizable (creative, interesting, original for jump preceded by steps/movements of

the Short Program) steps/free skating movements immediately preceding element

So.... what's the difference between these now for the SP?

Err, actually, what was the difference between them before too (only for SP)...

That's been a point of irritation as far back as I can remember, because it is quite often not easy to tell apart... generally, a good example would be a jump from a stand still (which nobody ever does, but bear with me). If a guy for example starts of with a 2A out of a stand still, right at the beginning, than that is definitely an unexpected and difficult entry, but it includes no steps.

But in most cases, the difference between these bullet points is IMO rather slim and... very, very subjective. Personally, I often thought "standard entries", like a mohawk into a salchow, could be counted as 2) but not as 1). But that looks less the case to me now with that new addition...

Man, ISU. Everytime one of their rule looks lacking and useless to me, they manage to make it worse.

So, they made it even harder to differentiate by using similar wording on both bullets.

So, they made it even harder to differentiate by using similar wording on both bullets.

At least in my impression, yes.

But that's the ISU for you. Find a problem, make it worse! :acceptable:

Lys said:
unicorn said:
Alia Jackson, everyone involved, what a wonderful video! Lys, I'm so happy to see some of my suggestions included, just like Yuzuru you guys are striving for the best and improving! Thank you so much, time to watch this video many many times. :goe:

We should all thank Gladi, who was the one who actually did the editing ;) :goe:

And thanks to you for providing such great feedback (which would be even more useful for new projects when we can incorporating some of your ideas since the beginning) :D

Of course :space: I didn't want to thank some people and then leave out names by accident, but gladi :bow: thank you so much for all the editing! Great work and great attention to little details! :pbow:

The most beautiful spinner in the world :love:

Notte Stellata spins are :love:

I really hope his admiration for Jason's Worlds SP score inspires him to spin like that in competition. I know it's unrealistic, because he needs to conserve energy, but it's my selfish wish. I got chills watching his gala spins.

Many thanks to everyone who took the time and enormous effort to make the slow-motion version of the analyzis video! :bow: Watching Yuzuru's extraordinary delicacy, elegance, strength and perfect technique in detail makes me love this gorgeous program even more. :love: I'll watch this video many, many times.

Thank you again. :'-)

Many thanks to everyone who took the time and enormous effort to make the slow-motion version of the analyzis video! :bow: Watching Yuzuru's extraordinary delicacy, elegance, strength and perfect technique in detail makes me love this gorgeous program even more. :love: I'll watch this video many, many times.

Thank you again. :'-)

Yes you are right! :space: This film is also wonderful because I can be seen endlessly for the genius of Yuzu. I can learn the difficulty and complexity of the steps because they are so well and clearly visible. I have a better chance of recognizing jumps! Can I read the description and see it in the film so that I can remember? Maybe I'll recognize some time in the live competition? :bow:

EDIT: Sorry I thought I had found the video of Yuzu and cat but the video's been made private. You can still find the translation [link=https://sportymags.wordpress.com/2015/08/22/yuzuru-hanyu-bringing-the-world-together/]here[/link] but I can't find another video link.