General Yuzuru Chat

So basically, if you were getting a range of -2 to +2 on your solo jump in SP before, due to some judges marking your lack of steps, you might as well get all +2 now just for being 'interesting' with your arms going into the jump?

New 2017-2018 Scale of Values and Level/GOE guidelines

http://soyouwanttowatchfs.tumblr.com/po ... d-levelgoe

Some minor changes:

Combination of 3 turns on each foot in the step sequence: “Only the first combination attempted on each foot can be counted.”

GOE bullet point for solo jump preceded by steps in the singles SP: “Difficult” steps/movements changed to “creative, interesting, original” steps/movements.

GOE bullet point for twist lifts: “No scratching of the blade on the ice” changed to “Clear controlled catch”.

“SP: Jump element not according to requirements final GOE must be -3”

“Unbalanced number of revolutions in change foot spin” should receive -1 GOE

“Program Components: As a guideline the score ten (10) should not be awarded for any of the components in a program containing a Fall or Serious error.”

“Step sequence pattern: It must be visible and identifiable and should be performed by using almost the full ice surface (e.g. straight line, serpentine, circle, oval or similar shape) either in it’s length from short barrier to short barrier or twice in its width from long barrier to long barrier.” No more requirements on exact amount of ice a step sequence must cover?

Quoting http://soyouwanttowatchfs.tumblr.com

lol 'difficult' to 'creative, interesting, original' steps before a jump..../snorts/

:pooh:

I also don't understand the “SP: Jump element not according to requirements final GOE must be -3”. So you don't get 0 points for popping, you're now getting -3?

So Yuzu's WTT SP scoring with this rule up would have been down 3 points because of the 1Lo pop?

I also don't understand the “SP: Jump element not according to requirements final GOE must be -3”. So you don't get 0 points for popping, you're now getting -3?

So Yuzu's WTT SP scoring with this rule up would have been down 3 points because of the 1Lo pop?

I think its mostly means no combo will receive -3 GOE, this rule already apply this season. The 1Lo was marked as invalid but if they give negative goe for a pop, they have to count the base value for 1lo as well. So 0.5 - 0.3= 0.2. Yuzu's SP score at WTT still almost the same.

As for the rule before solo jump... from "difficult" to "creative, interesting" :problem: We might see skater do a dozen of crossovers and shout "Arigatou" to the judges right before the jump. Creative enough for max goe :twisted:

I think its mostly means no combo will receive -3 GOE, this rule already apply this season. Even if they give negative goe for a pop, -3 GOE for 1Lo is -0.3, well, Yuzu's SP score at WTT still almost the same.

As for the rule before solo jump... from "difficult" to "creative, interesting" :problem: We might see skater do a dozen of crossovers and shout "Arigatou" to the judges, creative enough for max goe :twisted:

Oh yeah, I forgot -3 GOE on a single is like peanuts.

Edit: Also, on the last part. You don't necessarily get max GOE. Your jump may still only have the bullets for a lower GOE margin, but you may no longer have judges disagreeing as much about a jump when some used to give -2 and -1 due to applying, I guess, a no step rule. So more positive GOE all around in SP solo jumps, I guess?

It's just so... subjective... what can be considered original/creative or, *snort*, interesting. Who is going to judge this? How!? At least adding 'difficult steps/transitions' as a rule had a more objective understanding (even if it was ignored by some).

Also, on the last part. You don't necessarily get max GOE. Your jump may still only have the bullets for a lower GOE margin, but you may no longer have judges disagreeing as much about a jump when some used to give -2 and -1 due to applying, I guess, a no step rule. So more positive GOE all around in SP solo jumps, I guess?

this could initially be for this. So people who do quad solo but no difficult steps wont be given -2 (and for some reason we could already see last season). But this could also be twisted to "doing difficult steps but somehow deemed not 'interesting' or 'creative' by some judges could receive lower GOE or at least not get the bullet checked". I know this sounds ridiculous. But they can get away with it. Just like a judge get away with giving yuzu's clean 3A out-of-nowhere a 0 GOE at 4cc this year. Especially to people who always comments on how yuzu's arms are not 'balletic' enough :roll: and skaters who just did crossovers but have 'beautiful upper body movement' have more chances on getting max goe.

i sure hope judges not giving him more GOE on his world FS was only because they didnt like the music. sorry for being pessimistic but i'm just so upset right now

[tweet]862713790374260736[/tweet]

Prophet Yuzuru's visions :bow: :bow: :bow:

One thing that I think you were wrong about though: You are in a more more advantageous position than Patrick was - You take the initiative!

He never ceases to impress me. :bow:

this could initially be for this. So people who do quad solo but no difficult steps wont be given -2 (and for some reason we could already see last season). But this could also be twisted to "doing difficult steps but somehow deemed not 'interesting' or 'creative' by some judges could receive lower GOE or at least not get the bullet checked". I know this sounds ridiculous. But they can get away with it. Just like a judge get away with giving yuzu's clean 3A out-of-nowhere a 0 GOE at 4cc this year. Especially to people who always comments on how yuzu's arms are not 'balletic' enough :roll: and skaters who just did crossovers but have 'beautiful upper body movement' have more chances on getting max goe.

i sure hope judges not giving him more GOE on his world FS was only because they didnt like the music. sorry for being pessimistic but i'm just so upset right now

Yup, ISU served up a big fudge sundae. Fudge it up; fudge it down :s_hang :s_devil

Don't you think he's already planning new transitions though? Or at least experimenting. Twizzles in and out of 3A, hydroblade into 3A. Although he hasn't mastered them. If that isn't creative, interesting and original I don't know what is. Also difficult *coughs*

The more I think about it, the more I wonder. This could give those judges prone to actually deducting something from a solo jump with no steps a reason not to, but it could also breed even less consensus between judges. After all, interesting and creative can be a very subjective thing. I don't know, it seems to me this change makes FS even more subjectively judged; and it was already pretty subjective already, on both PCS and GOEs. However, I am not so sure how the judges will actually apply this rule. Maybe they'll ignore it too. We'll have to see.