General Yuzuru Chat

Right, how will I look if I wave a Russian flag after Yuzuru skated?

You need to print out, on a Russian flag - Russians for Yuzuru :rofl2:

To be fair, I do think the point of the article was also about how much Japanese fans contribute to figure skating by following him (and others) around but they really could have added that in his case, it's an international audience that travels. I've sort of given up on that one though tbh, everyone seems to be skipping over those fans. At least he knows!

yeah, this is dumb af

[tweet]862381034918301696[/tweet]

ok, so japanese fans nominated (btw not yuzuru wtf they never nominate yuzuru) for traveling thousands of miles to see competitions, but not any other fans. ok, whatever. i think they should say "yuzuru's fans" rather than japanese fans bc i think there's one reason why these fans are traveling to see competitions world wide and it's not because they're japanese

[tweet]862322892561801216[/tweet]

:rofl2:

Where IS this from?

a popped jump for sure :rofl2:

If he gotta pop it, he pops it with style.

It's not just with style, it seems to be super... high!! Dying :goe: :goe: :goe: :love:

Idk if it was shared already, but Yuka Sato was very complimentary of Yuzu in the new Scott Hamilton Show video. She said he has no weaknesses, he can jump and he can skate, he has beautiful edge work and flexibility which she sees in his creative spins. That 4 years ago when he won the Olympics he was still very young and the upcoming star and now he takes the ice with a confidence that is incredible to watch.

High praise coming from one of the greats!

Right, how will I look if I wave a Russian flag after Yuzuru skated?

You need to print out, on a Russian flag - Russians for Yuzuru :rofl2:

To be fair, I do think the point of the article was also about how much Japanese fans contribute to figure skating by following him (and others) around but they really could have added that in his case, it's an international audience that travels. I've sort of given up on that one though tbh, everyone seems to be skipping over those fans. At least he knows!

yeah, this is dumb af

[tweet]862381034918301696[/tweet]

ok, so japanese fans nominated (btw not yuzuru wtf they never nominate yuzuru) for traveling thousands of miles to see competitions, but not any other fans. ok, whatever. i think they should say "yuzuru's fans" rather than japanese fans bc i think there's one reason why these fans are traveling to see competitions world wide and it's not because they're japanese

Yeah, it's dumb. Last year the winner was the "new quad kings" which is the stupidest idea I've ever heard and is more of a concept than an actual person (they included Samohin in this group, too).

Plus, what do I have to do here to get any of the commentators or journalists to realize that Yuzu has American fans too that also travel places to see him? Not just Americans, but also a lot of European fans which I met in Helsinki. When they did his interview before the medal ceremony the interviewer said "Japanese fans" and I was sitting above the Kiss and Cry, I wanted to shout "Hey, I'm from America!". They really should acknowledge that he's the most popular figure skater not just in Japan, but pretty much all countries. I don't think that statement is untrue.

seeing all the nominations so far by Icenetwork, in my mind, the best pick for winner this year is Evgenia. I still don't like her programs, but her domination of the sport for the past 2 seasons, her record breaking performances, her consistency and her charm are all incontestable. If it's not going to be Yuzu, then it's got to be Evgenia, IMO.

And for all the international fans, (I can't cause I'm Japanese) you can tweet @icenetwork, that you exist! Politely, of course. :s_yes

The idea to put national symbol on the banner is very creative! I think fans from different countries can do smth like that more often. But Fay is right about one thing... not all the countries have recognizable national symbol...

A bit late to the party, but I think my banner will be a panda hugging Pooh-san and no word is needed :grin:

Or just hold a plushy like this [image]http://images.bidorbuy.co.za/user_images/970/2761970/2761970_131125210703_P1460401.JPG[/image]

I don't feel like icenetwork is taken that seriously, even in the US. It's a PR outlet. Even the articles by good writers are basically propaganda. The only part I like is the ice talk podcast. Misha Ge and Charlie White have been very good guests.

And their streaming is horrible. Not worth paying for.

yuzuangel said:
Danibellerika said:
yuzuangel said:
Does anyone have any fancams of Yuzu's Worlds FS warmup?

This is mine. Ask and you shall receive.

Thanks ^^.

"They have terrible stats on these people" LOL!

I dont remember the warmup being this painful, haha. But it was mentioned by many commentators so I wanted to go back and check.

LOL well their stats did suck. Yuzu 2016 World Champion? Yeah, it SHOULD have been that way, and if it were I likely wouldn't have been in Helsinki because seeing him win in person in Boston would have been good enough (though honestly it was a lot more rewarding with Helsinki and I was happier than I think I would have been in Boston). Boyang, 2x WBM? Not until 45 minutes later. They needed to get it together. :hachimaki:

The warm up was all a blur in the moment. I think I was trying to prepare my mind for disaster when I saw the axel and loop flops (I can hear myself grumbling a little at the botched 4Loop). But he very quickly made me forget about it when it was game time and left me screaming with happiness (and that video has 10,000+ views now) :acceptable: :bow: :bow:

xibsuarz said:
Idk if it was shared already, but Yuka Sato was very complimentary of Yuzu in the new Scott Hamilton Show video. She said he has no weaknesses, he can jump and he can skate, he has beautiful edge work and flexibility which she sees in his creative spins. That 4 years ago when he won the Olympics he was still very young and the upcoming star and now he takes the ice with a confidence that is incredible to watch.

High praise coming from one of the greats!

Yuka rocks. If anybody knows a thing or two about edges and skating skills, it's her. :bow: :bow: