General Yuzuru Chat

4 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

Well, it's an exhibition so you physically have to be there..

Thank you! It says something about a memorial book - too tired to try to figure it out the kanji now - but I guess I'll wait for some fan reports. Tokyo-Sendai is quick, but quite expensive, by shinkansen and I'm on a budget :sadPooh:

6 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

Thank you! It says something about a memorial book - too tired to try to figure it out the kanji now - but I guess I'll wait for some fan reports. Tokyo-Sendai is quick, but quite expensive, by shinkansen and I'm on a budget :sadPooh:

I think fans were asking about that as well because Sunao Noto-san tweeted this:

In which google translate says "Although it is about the exhibition we announced earlier, photo books are not sold at the venue."

Since @kaerb seems to be busy (haven't seen her and her lovely speed translations for a while now), I'll just step in for a bit here.

According to Noto, the memorial book is not a photo book. It's more a compilation of about 100ish posters (together with photos that are part of the exhibit) Sendai Broadcasting have made of him over the years, which are what's going to be exhibited. So the memorial book is basically the exhibition shrunk into the size of a book that people can purchase and take home with them. It's kind of like those guides they sell at exhibition or stage show venues. Only limited copies available, of course. The whole thing is basically a showcase of a city's labor of love throughout the years made in tribute to their hometown hero. Admission to the exhibition is free.

As for what Arakawa said in that News Every program (they're going to be doing a special like this every month leading up to PC), in summary, she explained who has how many quads and why despite having only 3 that we've seen (as compared to Uno's 4 and Chen's 5), Hanyu is still the only one breaking his own records for now (which, I think, is pretty much general knowledge here by now; ie: maximizing GOEs and putting quad combos in second half and ripponing the smaller half of the combo). She also explained how these positive GOEs are gained (the points that need to be checked which led to her explaining why Hanyu likes adding a rippon to one of his combos).

1 minute ago, sublimeskating said:

oh ok i guess that is understandable if they're going by competitions only

has yuzu done 4A yet (in practice, etc.)

Brain has apparently said he's been training it - some days 4Lz, some days 4A - but it's unclear how successful it is and whether it's serious or just for kicks. But I think most people agree we might see it next season (if Yuzu continues, though I think most of us think he will)

4A next season. 4Lz is most probably coming next week. And I always interpreted his words as him not focusing on 4Lz, as in whether he put it in or not wasn't the most important thing, and not him saying he definitely wouldn't put it in. The open day Seimei layout had no 4Lz, but it's hard to think the ACI 3Lz 3Lo 3F first half layout wouldn't have normally been 4Lz 4Lo 3F, so most of us expect 4Lz as first jump next week. Though he might still troll us and do the open day one lol

So many things to look forward to next week! New costume(s?), possible 4Lz or possible return of the troll, new Ex(or will it be new?)...

A new exhibition number?  Someone mentioned POTO.  I hope so.  It is my favorite of his long programs and I really think it has been unjustly downplayed by many, perhaps because of its associations with that devastating grand prix series of 2014 (although he still won the final).  It was what he was planning to skate when he suffered the collision and what he attempted to skate at the 2014 NHK (the only post-Olympic event he failed to gain a podium spot).  Yet it has tremendous drama and the moves are so absolutely right for the music.  In the 2014 GPF he skated a virtually clean program, falling late in the proceedings but picking himself up and skating perfectly the final moments.  If he hadn't fallen he probably would have broken the FS record (a year before he did do it first in the NHK and then in the GPF).  In many ways I wish it were POTO he was doing rather than Seimei this year, since it clearly challenges him on every level in ways no long program had challenged him since RJ1, which is my favorite of his early programs.  It apparently wasn't meant to be the FS program this year, I guess, probably because it has such a rocky history.