General Yuzuru Chat

11 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

Ah, ah, ah! We employ that old PR trick of appearing more generous than them and thus shaming them for their actions! And it'll only cost us a few pennies! We can use the dumpster cardboard on the inside...

:rofl: maybe make it an art piece and have it degrade until it fades away with an ominous message about the dangers of not fixing the judging problem

4 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

Piece of cake. And not even rum choc one. Something simple. Delicious though. Because it's us. :biggrin:

I think we can be generous, it's not really a medal for the ISU after all, it's for that one poor brain cell that had to suffer there for years and years! Be nice to it. It finally got to come out to play, we don't want to frighten it away so quickly, do we?  (although I may get stingy with the alcohol... it's Oly season! I have my own needs!)

2 minutes ago, meoima said:

I have the thrown away boxes of Mooncakes I ate. Hey they’re really pretty. You can use the boxes to store those medals.

See, that's the spirit :tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw: yay pretty boxes for brainy's medal!

26 минут назад, SSS сказал:

Too much info about ACI, now I Miss him..Really. how do I survive when he r****?

I honestly believed that I ended with the FS forever when Stéphane Lambiel r***. And then Yuzu appeared (this is a very personal comparison, because Stéphane has never been so perfect (his triple Axel costed me thousands of nerve cells)). I don't believe, in the near future there will be someone more brilliant than Yuzu. The very formulation of the question is incorrect. Perhaps we will have to wait 30 years or more. And when at last someone will appear, we won't be able to compare, because this will be a matter not of the degree (of the talent?), but of the very essence of skating. It will already be a completely different figure skating and there will be other requirements for the perfect figure skater.

Speaking in human language, hold on, we will survive and will still admire someone's skating. Just differently.

But you're right, I will also miss Yuzu forever.

7 минут назад, Mastyaeva сказал:

I honestly believed that I ended with the FS forever when Stéphane Lambiel r***. And then Yuzu appeared (this is a very personal comparison, because Stéphane has never been so perfect (his triple Axel costed me thousands of nerve cells)). I don't believe, in the near future there will be someone more brilliant than Yuzu. The very formulation of the question is incorrect. Perhaps we will have to wait 30 years or more. And when at last someone will appear, we won't be able to compare, because this will be a matter not of the degree (of the talent?), but of the very essence of skating. It will already be a completely different figure skating and there will be other requirements for the perfect figure skater.

Speaking in human language, hold on, we will survive and will still admire someone's skating. Just differently.

I just remembered that one commentator said all this shorter and better than me: "Nobody knows what the future of figure skating will look like, but there is no doubt that Yuzuru Hanyu is the fulfilled present of the figure skating in the the most stunning form".

31 minutes ago, Mastyaeva said:

Lambiel is my favourite skater, equal with Yuzu, but I love what he's done post-retirement more than anything in his competitive career. It's slightly different with Yuzu, though, because his jumps are so phenomenally perfect I want to rush to see them before he retires. After that, as long as he keeps doing shows, he will only continue to refine his skating. I hope he's still performing at Lambiel's age. He's going to be incredible.