General Yuzuru Chat

Well, frankly speaking it would take divine intervention for Japan to even medal. Both Yuzu and Shoma need to be 1st at both SP and LP. The ladies need to be at least 2nd behind the Russians (I am being realistic), and the pairs and ID to skate their socks off so that they are not dead last + have the top team botched something so the ranks and points scrambled a bit (like Canada/US/Russian pairs botching hard for example).

well i'd rather all the divine power be focused to make it so yuzu get the second gold in the single event :smile:

:goe:

I want him to do team to get his feet under him. I think he performed the singles SP better than his team SP. Maybe that can be part of the divine power :bow: :bow: :bow: Whatever it is please make it so for a 2nd consecutive OGM for Yuzu, skate gods oh wise ones. :bow: :bow: :bow:

yeah he definitely was very nervous in the team event and it showed. But i think thanks to that, he relaxed more on the single. PW in the single event was the first time i watched him and will forever be close to my heart. I hope he can give that kind of performance in PC and make more people fall in love with his skating!

Well, frankly speaking it would take divine intervention for Japan to even medal. Both Yuzu and Shoma need to be 1st at both SP and LP. The ladies need to be at least 2nd behind the Russians (I am being realistic), and the pairs and ID to skate their socks off so that they are not dead last + have the top team botched something so the ranks and points scrambled a bit (like Canada/US/Russian pairs botching hard for example).

well i'd rather all the divine power be focused to make it so yuzu get the second gold in the single event :smile:

yeah totally this

Russian men could mess up badly, compared to the others, though. Dancing teams aren't that good either... But I'm not sure that's going to be enough for the Japanese team to overtake them.

Everyone could more or less mess up though. With Russia, it's IMO pretty open right now whom they're going to send at all... my current guess would be Mika Kolyada for both, but who knows what it looks like in nearly a year from now. And I doubt Mika would end up behind the German, Italian or French man for example, even if he doesn't have his best day. Japanese Dance and Pairs on the other hand...

I also need the Russian men not to mess up, because 1.) most of them are skaters I like and 2.) I want Russia to repeat as Team OGM (sorry Chanada!)

:goe:

wouldn't we all? :devil:

ISU World Standings has been updated today. http://www.isuresults.com/ws/ws/wsmen.htm

[table][tr][td]Rank[/td] [td]Points[/td] [td]Name[/td][/tr][tr][td]1[/td] [td]4471[/td] [td]Yuzuru HANYU JPN[/td][/tr][tr][td]2[/td] [td]3748[/td] [td]Shoma UNO JPN[/td][/tr][tr][td]3[/td] [td]3482[/td] [td]Javier FERNANDEZ ESP[/td][/tr][tr][td]4[/td] [td]3258[/td] [td]Patrick CHAN CAN[/td][/tr][tr][td]5[/td] [td]2894[/td] [td]Boyang JIN CHN[/td][/tr][tr][td]6[/td] [td]2640[/td] [td]Nathan CHEN USA[/td][/tr][tr][td]7[/td] [td]2613[/td]

[td]Mikhail KOLYADA RUS[/td][/tr][tr][td]8[/td] [td]2508[/td] [td]Alexei BYCHENKO ISR[/td][/tr][tr][td]9[/td] [td]2407[/td] [td]Jason BROWN USA[/td][/tr][tr][td]10[/td] [td]2363[/td] [td]Maxim KOVTUN RUS[/td][/tr][tr][td]11[/td] [td]2321[/td] [td]Adam RIPPON USA[/td][/tr][tr][td]12[/td] [td]2289[/td] [td]Daniel SAMOHIN ISR[/td][/tr][tr][td]13[/td] [td]2270[/td] [td]Max AARON USA[/td][/tr][tr][td]14[/td] [td]2254[/td] [td]Dmitri ALIEV RUS[/td][/tr][tr][td]15[/td] [td]2141[/td] [td]Alexander SAMARIN RUS[/td][/tr][/table]

Fun Fact: (Although it doesn't mean too much) Yuzu has been #1 in the World Standing since 2013-2014 :yes:

I also need the Russian men not to mess up, because 1.) most of them are skaters I like and 2.) I want Russia to repeat as Team OGM (sorry Chanada!)

Oooh bad word, bad word :ban: :rofl2: but actually yes :goe:

:hachimaki: I'm watching you :hachimaki:

:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

Everyone could more or less mess up though. With Russia, it's IMO pretty open right now whom they're going to send at all... my current guess would be Mika Kolyada for both, but who knows what it looks like in nearly a year from now. And I doubt Mika would end up behind the German, Italian or French man for example, even if he doesn't have his best day. Japanese Dance and Pairs on the other hand...

The chances of a repeat are pretty slim though. The girls are great, the pairs are solid, but dancers are... a mess, the men are showing some promise, but we need some more time.

Chanada has a well-balanced team, on the whole, so... if Gaby's in there, I wouldn't mind seeing them win. Sorry for being not patriotic.

ISU World Standings has been updated today. http://www.isuresults.com/ws/ws/wsmen.htm

[table][tr][td]Rank[/td] [td]Points[/td] [td]Name[/td][/tr][tr][td]1[/td] [td]4471[/td] [td]Yuzuru HANYU JPN[/td][/tr][tr][td]2[/td] [td]3748[/td] [td]Shoma UNO JPN[/td][/tr][tr][td]3[/td] [td]3482[/td] [td]Javier FERNANDEZ ESP[/td][/tr][tr][td]4[/td] [td]3258[/td] [td]Patrick CHAN CAN[/td][/tr][tr][td]5[/td] [td]2894[/td] [td]Boyang JIN CHN[/td][/tr][tr][td]6[/td] [td]2640[/td] [td]Nathan CHEN USA[/td][/tr][tr][td]7[/td] [td]2613[/td]

[td]Mikhail KOLYADA RUS[/td][/tr][tr][td]8[/td] [td]2508[/td] [td]Alexei BYCHENKO ISR[/td][/tr][tr][td]9[/td] [td]2407[/td] [td]Jason BROWN USA[/td][/tr][tr][td]10[/td] [td]2363[/td] [td]Maxim KOVTUN RUS[/td][/tr][tr][td]11[/td] [td]2321[/td] [td]Adam RIPPON USA[/td][/tr][tr][td]12[/td] [td]2289[/td] [td]Daniel SAMOHIN ISR[/td][/tr][tr][td]13[/td] [td]2270[/td] [td]Max AARON USA[/td][/tr][tr][td]14[/td] [td]2254[/td] [td]Dmitri ALIEV RUS[/td][/tr][tr][td]15[/td] [td]2141[/td] [td]Alexander SAMARIN RUS[/td][/tr][/table]

Fun Fact: (Although it doesn't mean too much) Yuzu has been #1 in the World Standing since 2013-2014 :yes:

can anyone explain how the points work? its always confused me

:devil: