General Yuzuru Chat

Yuzuru Hanyu: I am at 20% right now

https://wherespacepooh.tumblr.com/post/164536873624/article-yuzuru-hanyu-i-am-at-20-right

-------------

Another more in-depth article coming out of media day. This one from Number, by Matsubara. And as with Number, pictures by the always excellent Enomoto.

He is still trolling with one single 3A, but the brat shows his tender side in his pursuit of figure skating mastery and ideals. The second half of the article was particularly moving. This is quintessential Hanyu. Calm, confident and thoughtful as he discusses the Olympics, his programs and the significance and meaning of skating itself.

(I thought the picture with Hanyu against the white background would work quite well as a cover?? Hilarious that no one took it on, and all we got so far with four different magazines were various versions of him in a white T-shirt against greenery XD)

In terms of translation schedule, the onslaught of magazines will be next. The focus will be on interviews exclusive to each magazine from Day 2, and also the interviews of the coaches + Shae. 

;)

----------

ETA: LOL @Floria you guys are fast as usual XD :10742288:

3 minutes ago, gladi said:

https://wherespacepooh.tumblr.com/post/164536873624/article-yuzuru-hanyu-i-am-at-20-right

-------------

Another more in-depth article coming out of media day. This one from Number, by Matsubara. And as with Number, pictures by the always excellent Enomoto.

He is still trolling with one single 3A, but the brat shows his tender side in his pursuit of figure skating mastery and ideals. The second half of the article was particularly moving. This is quintessential Hanyu. Calm, confident and thoughtful as he discusses the Olympics, his programs and the significance and meaning of skating itself.

(I thought the picture with Hanyu against the white background would work quite well as a cover?? Hilarious that no one took it on, and all we got so far with four different magazines were various versions of him in a white T-shirt against greenery XD)

In terms of translation schedule, the onslaught of magazines will be next. The focus will be on interviews exclusive to each magazine from Day 2, and also the interviews of the coaches + Shae. 

;)

This was a great read. Thanks so much @gladi for providing us with all these translations!

Looking forward to the next onslaught :smile:

Genius is never satisfied and I'm so thankful for it. What will we be shown in the next four years? I can't begin to imagine.

Hokusai's dying words (88 years old): "If only Heaven will give me just another ten years ... Just another five more years, then I could become a real painter." 

Thank god for all these inredible people that make this world bearable. 

59 minutes ago, gladi said:

-------------

;)

----------

ETA: LOL @Floria you guys are fast as usual XD :10742288:

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

Spoiler

and all I can say about his attitude is DAAAAAAMN HE'S TOTALLY GIVEN UP THE PRETENSE OF BEING HUMAN!!!! see ya in 2026!!!!!

13 minutes ago, BrightonDogwoods said:

Reveal hidden contents

Well this came in page 1111....

4 Olympic medals=CONFIRMED

22 minutes ago, BrightonDogwoods said:

Hide contents

and all I can say about his attitude is DAAAAAAMN HE'S TOTALLY GIVEN UP THE PRETENSE OF BEING HUMAN!!!! see ya in 2026!!!!!

Before this, I was still a little worried that he might r**** after PC 2018, but now this seems unlikely!!! =D

I know this is a little greedy and I'm getting ahead of myself, but can Yuzu be the first men in history to win 3 consecutive OGM? :embSwan:

I can't foresee the future, but I believe Yuzu will have the title of GOAT in figure skating for all eternity. <3