General Yuzuru Chat

1 minute ago, fireovertheice said:

Yes that is what Ambesi inteded (that one he is not developing is the 4Flip): maybe there was a typo in my post and this was not clear. Sorry :headdesk:

It's what Brian Orser said too. He trained 4Lz and 4A in the summer, not so much the 4F. 

11 minutes ago, fireovertheice said:

2) I do think that Yuzuru has not showed so much of 4Lutz and, more, of 4Axel, in the first case because it is not at the level in terms of beauty that he wants yet, and in the second because the succes rate is still to low.

But there could be also other reasons that others have already mentioned.

Nah. We haven't seen the 4Lz because his knee was off, that's all. If it all works out come CoR, and knock on wood it does, we'll be seeing it then. He's not hiding it, he just had a ban on that and the 4Lo at ACI. 

4A is something completely different. 
We won't be seeing it before next season because that'll take a long time to stabilize. And I don't think he'll try even at a Gala, unless at Milan gala or something, if he goes, because he won't want to risk it. Which is good. 

Max's comments about Yuzuru's plans are nothing new at this point, except for the actual numbers on the 4A (which are still not necessarily accurate since, while Max seems to be right most of the time, we don't have a direct source. So take it with a grain of salt).

Otherwise, the Loch Ness jump should stay on the down-low where it is for now, there's too much at stake and no need for it. But in time it'll come, I'm sure; if only because Yuzuru wants it so bad and it's personal for him :laughing:

42 minutes ago, SSS said:

Try it in a B level competition after Olympics...Get that 15... I am just <salty>about lower BV...

Well BV or not, landing a 4A in competition would be such a monumental moment in figure skating, that honestly? The BV literally does not matter. 

This would be bigger than any score, any medal at that moment. Yes, of course it'd be nice if it were to be appropriately awarded but after so many decades for someone to finally land one? That'd eclipse everything. Axel Paulsen landed the single in 1882. Dick Button in 1948 got the double. The triple came 30 years later in 1978 by Vern Taylor. Next season? Exactly 40 years from that. 40 years have passed and nope.

And I know I keep harping on it, but this thing is dangerous. And difficult, really really difficult. Otherwise, it'd have been landed by now. So post-Olympics, in a more relaxed atmosphere, there's plenty of time to make it as good as possible and as safe as possible. Who cares about BV. This thing carries a massive cachet of its own that no lowered BV can eclipse.

35 минут назад, Yatagarasu сказал:

Well BV or not, landing a 4A in competition would be such a monumental moment in figure skating, that honestly? The BV literally does not matter. 

This would be bigger than any score, any medal at that moment. Yes, of course it'd be nice if it were to be appropriately awarded but after so many decades for someone to finally land one? That'd eclipse everything. Axel Paulsen landed the single in 1882. Dick Button in 1948 got the double. The triple came 30 years later in 1978 by Vern Taylor. Next season? Exactly 40 years from that. 40 years have passed and nope.

And I know I keep harping on it, but this thing is dangerous. And difficult, really really difficult. Otherwise, it'd have been landed by now. So post-Olympics, in a more relaxed atmosphere, there's plenty of time to make it as good as possible and as safe as possible. Who cares about BV. This thing carries a massive cachet of its own that no lowered BV can eclipse.

When you write it like this, I get excited from simple reading. Honestly.

11 minutes ago, meoima said:

When ISU learns to use several seconds of Yuzuru as the clickbait when they want to promote their video: 

Should I praise them for exactly 1:25 video length or complain that no swan in the actual video plus Yuzu does not exist in the first part of the video...Through zhenya, Javi and Yuzu all get 3 clips...

1 minute ago, SSS said:

Should I praise them for exactly 1:25 video length or complain that no swan in the actual video plus Yuzu does not exist in the first part of the video...Through zhenya, Javi and Yuzu all get 3 clips...

I know right, I mean why use Yuzuru's swan as the thumbnail when they have no intention of showing it in the video... lol

13 hours ago, xeyra said:

From what I hear, he's regarded as fair leaning towards harsh. He's only overly strict compared to other tech panels who let obvious technical issues pass. For example, he might not have let Kaetlyn's flutz at ACI or Wakaba's UR in her 3T at Lombardia pass.

Shin Amano is strict, but not as strict as Ms. Claudia UNGER, who did this http://www.isuresults.com/results/wc2014/wc2014_Ladies_FS_Scores.pdf

The 4A is skating's Mount Everest and whoever lands it is skating's Edmund Hillary.  I can't remember where I read it or saw it, but some time ago there was a conversation amongst several skating commentators and other 'experts' and the discussion was the 4A.  When the question was asked who would be the first to successfully do it, all there said 'Yuzuru Hanyu'.  One can believe it.  After all it's Yuzu who has pushed the boundaries of this sport more than any skater in recent memory.  I remember the CBC commentary at the FS of the 2014 GPF when Carol Lane said - There are good skaters and there are great skaters and then there is Yuzuru Hanyu.  The others chuckled but none of them disputed the observation.  Kurt Browning at one point said he was so glad Yuzu hadn't retired after his gold at Sochi, because he was bringing so much more to the sport since then.  Will Yuzu be the first person to achieve a 4A?  Time will tell.  I will offer this, however.  Yuzu could be the the Nadia Comenic (the first to get a perfect 10 in gymnastics) of figure skating and be the first to achieve a PCS of 100.  I don't think any other skater could even be realistically dreaming of that.  If Yuzu does that, even more than a 4A, that would cement his reputation as the Greatest of All Time.  Think about the PCS.  He's already topped 99.  100 might seem a big jump but as far as I know, Patrick is the only other skater to top 99.  When combining Yuzu's PCS with the records he holds for Short Program, Free Skate and Combined Total, a 100 PCS would make his position unassailable.