General Yuzuru Chat

1 minute ago, SSS said:

I applied 6 times with all tickets and preferences, in different day... and I got 0 ticket...

At least we have SP, though I’m sure like me your heart will shrivel up being so close and yet so far from SEIMEI. :13877886:

In other news, Epic Skating’s upload of Chopin has over 284k views already! (No wonder we can’t get tickets!)

2 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

At least we have SP, though I’m sure like me your heart will shrivel up being so close and yet so far from SEIMEI. :13877886:

In other news, Epic Skating’s upload of Chopin has over 284k views already! (No wonder we can’t get tickets!)

I need to cure Boston wound...

In hindsight, the way this competition ended was the best way it could have turned out for him, especially for this particular season. He got both the carrot (perfect SP & WR) *and* renewed determination in the form of blazing fire on burning coals (his yikes!FS that's the complete opposite of his SP) to fuel him towards gradually building his delivery up the rest of the season. His Zen-like attitude after shows that he's gotten the message loud and clear and has accepted it as his truth.

Also, because these are familiar programs, the build-up will be more steady than last season, where his trajectory was not predictable and for a moment there, really could have gone either way. Chopin is like the good cop, or dear ol' dad Louis (from Fresh Off The Boat), and SEIMEI's like the bad cop or fierce and demanding mom Jessica. Incidentally, Hanyu is like Eddie, Emery and Evan all rolled into one. xxD So this is exactly the kind programs he needs to continue one bettering himself. And his showing of them at ACI is also exactly the kind of early start he needs for a highly promising finish to the season.

And then, there are his newfound caution towards his health and improved wisdom towards competitions. His attitude towards them is different than in the past in that he's no longer as tunnel visioned and stubborn* and is now open to accepting help and revealing weaknesses, showing that he no longer thinks of himself as weak by doing so--something which I think both his failures in the past and Fernandez have taught him.

And because he made the wise decision to compete here, even with lower level tech than was planned, it was able to happen riiiiight at the start of the season so he didn't even have to sacrifice a more major event, where the tension is higher, to gain these chips. The signs seem to indicate that this season is shaping up to move on an upward trajectory. :o) Fingers crossed! ^^

*tunnel visioning and stubbornness still had to happen somewhere though--they're part of who he is--and he aimed the full power of them at his poor 4T...which is a dear old friend and really didn't deserve it, just as his 3A didn't deserve to be shoved roughly to the side when it was running up to embrace him as always because he was too busy trying to get the 4T to cooperate instead of listening to what it's trying to tell him. xD It's funny how he sees a big picture and weaves an entire grand fabric starting from when most people were still busy weaving only pretty friendship bracelets but then tunnel visions on the details sometimes. It's probably a necessary process for his big picture to not just be a complete one but a beautiful one from all angles and even moreso under the microscope. Lol. But man, he needs to treat his friends (the 4T and 3A) better. He's clearly taken them for granted here. >_<

30 minutes ago, SSS said:

Yuzu's SP by now has 284+149+112+127+69+53+5.4=800k of views.

FS has 138+3.5=141.5k of views

Javi SP 63+6.4+1.9=71.3k

FS 17+17+2.5+2.1=30.6k

From Youtube...2017 Autumn Classic ...sort by view counts first 100 videos.

watched 112.72 again...goosebumps...

just found out my B level ticket can be sold the same price as iPhone X now

1 hour ago, kaeryth said:

Takahiko & Shizuka comments about that WR SP. Can anyone translate? Also, I'm waiting for an HD Asahi broadcast because the lighting for that performance was so.... gray... (which seems to be the theme of ACI /LOL/)

Also waiting for the SP in its full glorious HD Asahi broadcast perfection :tumblr_m9gcttgdYF1qzckow:. (nobody has uploaded it yet, right?  I hope pino will be kind enough to provide us if she has one) :snonegai:

2 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

Considers withdrawing, doesn’t and breaks WR. My brain struggles with this fellow.

I think with Chopin, it's just so ingrained in his muscle memory, even with the 4S at the beginning (especially because of it), that it was just smooth sailing with that, regardless of lack of practice. This is where having done it for two seasons and in shows helped him a lot. I hope it continues to be equally comfortable for him in future competitions.

Edit: I'm ignoring his obviously terrible SP runthrough in practice. :biggrin: