General Yuzuru Chat

I also get confused between the lutz and flip, especially if the skater's edge is unclear, but some posters on the old FF were explaining to me that skaters usually go into them from different entries. Like the flip will be from a 3-turn? Hopefully more knowledgeable people can explain this again.

Yeah, techpanel identifies Lz/F by entry.

They were going to change that and identify by actual takeoff edge, but gave up that idea I think...

There are

and
videos, maybe they would be helpful.

Daisuke has a flutz and Jason has a flat edge in the lutz. The lutz video maker was wrong to include Daisuke and Jason.

liv said:
It's too bad that skaters do not do quick drop ins or extra special guest spots on different shows... and by this I naturally mean that it is too bad Yuzu could not do a guest spot on CSOI in Toronto!!! He is there.... It would be so convenient.... for me, lol. It is sad that we rarely get international stars anymore on csoi.... I used to go regularly but now it is just a Canadian cast usually... not worth it for me. Only people in Japan ever get shows with him in it... not fair!!!!

Aw I feel your pain. though...the situation is even worse here in uk! Nothing comes here. To see world-class figure skating competitions we have to jump on a plane 

I'm quite sure that Yuzu would never have to set foot on UK soil his whole career lol!

I have difficulties differenciating left and right so the jumps I struggled to differentiate the most were the flips and toeloops. Now I can identify them all right but sometimes I still get confused...

Same here!

Especially with skaters who rotate in opposite direction, ie Carolina Kostner.

Watching CW jumps is still so trippy to me

There are
and

Daisuke has a flutz and Jason has a flat edge in the lutz. The lutz video maker was wrong to include Daisuke and Jason.

These videos are called "various flips/lutzes" and I think their point was to show different entries with different steps (I love Jason's with walley. Too bad Yuzu had to discard walley before 3Lz+3T in Chopin)

What jinabee said about the curve of the jump is true. Though technically speaking, a jump is still identified by take off edge and whether it is toepick-assisted or not.

Also, agreed with Meoima. I think even without the entry or looking at the takeoff edge, you can kind of still identify it. Yuzuru did not have that typical long prep going into a lutz, for example. For some, it is quite noticeable because the gap between their thigh/leg is quite huge when doing the flip but very narrow when doing the lutz. Do I make sense?

Actually it's not the gap but the shape of their thighs in relation towards each other. I will turn on my computer and draw something now.

There are
and

These videos are called "various flips/lutzes" and I think their point was to show different entries with different steps (I love Jason's with walley. Too bad Yuzu had to discard walley before 3Lz+3T in Chopin)

I don't remember this very well: is there any of his performances with the walley I can check?

Actually it's not the gap but the shape of their thighs in relation towards each other. I will turn on my computer and draw something now.

I noticed this from some skater. But maybe you are right it is not the gap but the shape instead.

But then again some skaters just have weird ways of doing things like Anna P lutz for example, so it may not apply for everybody?

mcq said:
meoima said:

I noticed this from some skater. But maybe you are right it is not the gap but the shape instead.

But then again some skaters just have weird ways of doing things like Anna P lutz for example, so it may not apply for everybody?

No, Anna's legs and thighs have correct shape for the outside edge. Is this clearer: 

5fibDHP.png

If you can not see their edge, look at their thighs.

I don't remember this very well: is there any of his performances with the walley I can check?

It was in

but
by CoC.

OMG, I need this again in a program someday! That was such a nice transition... into a sucky 3Lz. Yuzu!

meoima said:
mcq said:
meoima said:

No, Anna's legs and thighs have correct shape for the outside edge. Is this clearer: http://imgur.com/5fibDHP

:goe: 

This a great explanation. Thank you.

No, Anna's legs and thighs have correct shape for the outside edge. Is this clearer: http://imgur.com/5fibDHP

You meant to say true lutzer would likely bent their takeoff leg during takeoff (and it stays like that) while flutzer tend to straighten it up by takeoff thus the switch to the inside?