General Yuzuru Chat

MCM posted a 4A attempt on his Insta a couple of days ago too but when I watched it it looked more like 3<

Looks like the hype has begun though....

To me It was more of a joke than a real 4A attempt. The hype about quads is reaching cosmic proportions, that's true, and it's no good for the quality of jumps and for the sport itself.

MCM posted a 4A attempt on his Insta a couple of days ago too but when I watched it it looked more like 3<

Looks like the hype has begun though....

To me It was more of a joke than a real 4A attempt. The hype about quads is reaching cosmic proportions, that's true, and it's no good for the quality of jumps and for the sport itself.

Yeah. I mean, people even thought Yuzu's standstill 3A at Worlds gala was a 4A attempt... *facepalm*

Mishmish said:

lmao i wouldn't know. I was just trying to make sense of what i heard after their hug in the kiss and cry because i heard her say mom but couldn't see his mom in that picture, but I was informed she was to the right of them so it makes more sense that she pointed out his mom to him :D

I was just joking :space: 

Honestly all of the 4A attemot I saw are either < or << even the one from Max Aaron, artur dimitriev jr etc etc. I have yet to see one that is even legitimately fully rotated and these ones are on harness so I think to finally see a 4A landed without harness would be quite something. Even for Yuzu.

beki said:
Any other skater would have a lot of work to do to convince me they'd land a 4A before Yuzu. There isn't some mythical unknown junior with a strong 3A, is there? I don't know of any.

Ahaha me thinks so too... name another guy whose percentage of landing 3A as high as Yuzuru, then I will believe if someone other than Yuzu can land 4A now :smiley-devil:

The other guys need to stabilize their 3A first :drinkcoffee:

Ahhh all this 4A talks

Imagine if Yuzu decides to troll us and be like u guys think I would put 4Lz as my 1st jump?? Hell no, 4AXEL IT IS! :hachimaki: 

And start jumping 4A as his 1st jump on official practice at Autumn Classic, then gives us this face :smiley-devil:

With a bald Brian at the side of the rink making this face :ohno: and Tracy just smiling as usual :space: 

Well the 4A talk started from Max Aaron and Tom Z with the harness attempt video. Then Mura and all.

Then Max Ambesi said Yuzuru landed a fully rotated 4A at CC (I heard my friend mentioned this 1 month before Max though), then Miki Ando said she saw Yuzuru did 4A once, then Orser mentioned he saw Yuzuru tried 4A at ice show (not sure)...

All and all, talk is just talk. If Yuzuru can land 4A someday before the public eye, it will be historical and it does not have to be in competition. I will treasure that video forever.

b138oo said:
Ahhh all this 4A talks

Imagine if Yuzu decides to troll us and be like u guys think I would put 4Lz as my 1st jump?? Hell no, 4AXEL IT IS! :hachimaki: 

I have a better idea - 4A as the last jump! :rofl:

Who started the 4A talk anyway? I never even considered such a thing and suddenly it's everywhere.

dunno if it was ~the start~ but when I was helping archive stuff I found an interview from 2012/13(?) where Brian says he thinks Yuzu will do 4A 'soon'.

So I blame him.

Idk with the quad race going wild and Yuzu having been throwing out he wants to do a 4A for years, and Boyang doing the 4lz other skaters are bound to start thinking about it too...

Icy said:
b138oo said:
Ahhh all this 4A talks

I have a better idea - 4A as the last jump! :rofl:

this will forever haunt me in my dreams

he gives us enough heart attacks as is lol

Well the 4A talk started from Max Aaron and Tom Z with the harness attempt video. Then Mura and all.

Then Max Ambesi said Yuzuru landed a fully rotated 4A at CC (I heard my friend mentioned this 1 month before Max though), then Miki Ando said she saw Yuzuru did 4A once, then Orser mentioned he saw Yuzuru tried 4A at ice show (not sure)...

All and all, talk is just talk. If Yuzuru can land 4A someday before the public eye, it will be historical and it does not have to be in competition. I will treasure that video forever.

If I remember well, at GPF's press conference, Nathan was asked about quad axel and he said something like "I'd still have to work on my 3A beforehand, but if someone among us manages to have a 4A it would be Yuzuru because his 3A is the best in the world" or something like that.

And then Yuzuru has been talking about his deep love for the axels more and more in the media, then about his dream of having 4A one day, and finally said he thought he could do it ... after several people said they had seen him doing it.

But yes, it escalade quickly :)

Yuzu and Mura attempted 4A after finale of Dreams On Ice 2015, though both 4A were < with fall I think. Their attempt was aired so there must be a footage somewhere on internet too.

Icy said:
b138oo said:
Ahhh all this 4A talks

I have a better idea - 4A as the last jump! :drool: :rotfl:

Oh, back in the golden GS days we were speculating on a program with all the jumps in the second half. With two 4As for good measure.

Not hard for us to type that, you see. :P