General Yuzuru Chat

Yuzu mentioned once again that he would like to visit Finland and Italy. It would be amazing if ever Yuzu decides that he would like to perform in either or both countries.

For European fans who are not able to travel to Japan, maybe this would be a chance to watch a live performance. 

( hehehe - The Re_Pray tour has not even begun and fans are already wishing for a world tour. We have become so greedy !!!! )

This post has been tagged by Yuzu_legend as [NEWS].
8 hours ago, fuzz_ball_21 said:

How did the answers to Q24 and Q36 escape notice?

If I read that right, he's still challenging the 4A? Or is it a poor translation?

And I love that he says the PyeongChang SEIMEI step/choreo was the most fun he's ever had

As for "motivation is driven by deadlines" - Same here!

22 минуты назад, rockstaryuzu сказал:

Wow! 

Just when we thought it was safe to get off the anxiety rollercoaster of worrying about Yuzu injuring himself doing jumps.... :eeking:

But also, 

GO YUZU! Tame that Nessie!

In some interview this year, I don't remember which but he said that he is training 4A once in 2 weeks right now. in save legs mode.

Oh, I found. He said that on TV Telemasa 14 April. :winky:

I love what he's doing aesthetically for his shoots and professional programs after retiring from the amateur comp circuit. His programs are unique and new, his styling is fantastic in some of these photoshoots and I love the dynamic shots, there's color, there's movement, there are clothes that are not boring suits made for boring men. His skating has always been unique but these photoshoots are a revelation. I'm so impressed.

I hope he has some very cool new programs too for the new shows. I'd love more of his new style stuff like If, along with a new program that is also a bit more classical too, but in the ways he does best.

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Just when we thought it was safe to get off the anxiety rollercoaster of worrying about Yuzu injuring himself doing jumps....

we will never free ourselves from worries, even if he now trains on 4A less intensely than in the past.
However, the fact that in GIFT he skated under the influence of painkillers is emblematic. He can't afford not to skate in one of his solo shows, and figure skating is a risky sport. We can only hope that he doesn't get hurt, but there will always be worries.

13 minutes ago, bubbletea said:

in the interview i really like the fact that he sees sochi as a failure rather than beijing and so do i yuzu, so do i

It makes me laugh a little to think that the man who won gold thinks his competition was a failure. It would be nice to know what Patrick Chan, Javier Fernandez, or even Daisuke Takahashi think.
But it's true, he could have skated a much better free skate than the one he skated. And in Beijing on the salchow of the short program he was unlucky, in the free skate he had a sprained ankle, he knew that the marks would be meaningless, and he presented two extraordinary programs. Extraordinary even with their imperfections.

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Just when we thought it was safe to get off the anxiety rollercoaster of worrying about Yuzu injuring himself doing jumps.... :eeking:

You did? I didn't... :wiggle:

Look at the last question of the interview:

Q: What would you like to tell your fans?

"I'll continue to be Hanyu Yuzuru with all my heart and soul."

Soooo... I'm sure he does everything to prevent injuries. And yes, he is telling US FANS that he is and remains Yuzu - no chance to get off that rollercoaster :59182a91b7414_cool(1):...

We're still on it everyone here, yes? Nice to have your company the next time we watch Yuzu doing jumps in a choreography. Because he'll go for 120% in front of the lucky audience, no matter which jumps he choses.

By the way, @ZuCritter It might be time to bring back your first profile picture.

1 hour ago, tsubasanoyume said:

In some interview this year, I don't remember which but he said that he is training 4A once in 2 weeks right now. in save legs mode.

Oh, I found. He said that on TV Telemasa 14 April. :winky:

Somehow I missed it. Maybe better for my peace of mind! Especially when you conisider both Brian and Jeff (Buttle) just had hip replacements - and Brian never even jumped quads...

43 minutes ago, DancingFeather said:

You did? I didn't... :wiggle:

Look at the last question of the interview:

Q: What would you like to tell your fans?

"I'll continue to be Hanyu Yuzuru with all my heart and soul."

Soooo... I'm sure he does everything to prevent injuries. And yes, he is telling US FANS that he is and remains Yuzu - no chance to get off that rollercoaster :59182a91b7414_cool(1):...

We're still on it everyone here, yes? Nice to have your company the next time we watch Yuzu doing jumps in a choreography. Because he'll go for 120% in front of the lucky audience, no matter which jumps he choses.

By the way, @ZuCritter It might be time to bring back your first profile picture.

Idk why I let myself relax, really. I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER! 😅

46 minutes ago, Martina said:

we will never free ourselves from worries, even if he now trains on 4A less intensely than in the past.
However, the fact that in GIFT he skated under the influence of painkillers is emblematic. He can't afford not to skate in one of his solo shows, and figure skating is a risky sport. We can only hope that he doesn't get hurt, but there will always be worries.

It makes me laugh a little to think that the man who won gold thinks his competition was a failure. It would be nice to know what Patrick Chan, Javier Fernandez, or even Daisuke Takahashi think.
But it's true, he could have skated a much better free skate than the one he skated. And in Beijing on the salchow of the short program he was unlucky, in the free skate he had a sprained ankle, he knew that the marks would be meaningless, and he presented two extraordinary programs. Extraordinary even with their imperfections.

In all fairness, that whole men's final at Sochi was a flaming dumpster fire. Yuzu got a deserved win, he was far and away the best skater on the ice that night.  But I can see why he's not impressed with it

2 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Brian never even jumped quads...

Not in a competition, but in training he tried it.

Of course, he have done it only few times compared to current skaters, but for his time he was one of the most important jumpers. He was the second skater to perform the triple axel, and the first to do it regularly, and he was the first skater to perform two triple axels in a free program.

We can only hope that Yuzu doesn't get hurt.

2 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

In all fairness, that whole men's final at Sochi was a flaming dumpster fire. Yuzu got a deserved win, he was far and away the best skater on the ice that night.  But I can see why he's not impressed with it

I too understand why he is dissatisfied with that free skate. But he's dissatisfied because it's him, in recent years we've seen a lot of skaters who, as long as the result arrives, don't worry about how they skated.
Who knows why it is him we support, and not the others...