General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, LiaRy said:

I'm sharing this because I think we all need a dose of playful and happy Yuzu interacting with other skateboarders

:iagree: with you and here is the ceremony in 2 parts and Keegan's gesture  :2thumbsup: and the rounds of flags and photos of the end in joy  :heartpound: and I retain a book by Yuzurella signed and these Easter eggs are magnificent and more beautiful than the Fabergé and happy Easter to ALL fanyus 

9 hours ago, Yuzurella said:

Someone posted a few videos that were subbed by BlueFlame4Yuzu (whose YouTube channel was suspended) at Lae's request, in case you're interested. :tumblr_inline_mg16go8gBg1qdlkyg:

Yes I saw this! Thank you for sharing too. Seems like a lot of other Fanyus were looking for the videos too. I hope other Fanyus were also able to save the videos for themselves before it gets deleted. 

Btw, I placed an order for the Sendai rink Irene gloves and I’m excited to receive it. 

and I saw that the Shibsibs are in Tokyo, not me thinking/hoping that they’ll appear in FaOI as special guests. :hihi:

7 hours ago, Yuzurella said:

Page 127, seat of honor, gorgeous clothes... that's totally Yuzu's main character vibes. :ganba:

[NEWS]

Yuzu's role in "The Magnificent Nine" ("Tono, Risoku De Gozaru" – "Lord, The Interest If You Please") was not a "cameo" appearance. A cameo appearance is an uncredited small role, often done for humour. One example is Ryan Reynolds as the nameless and hapless saloon patron who is singled out by the Liam Neeson character and shot dead when he is unable to provide a satisfactory answer in the film, "A Million Ways to Die in the West."

Yuzu's role was credited and the fact that he was in the film was a main point of advertising and reason for its success. Again, Yuzu being in the movie brought into play "Hanyuconomy".

This is the video of the making of the film as well as interviews with Yuzu. I am sure that most of the satellites have seen this, but I post it here in case some of the newer fans have not.

In the interview before makeup, Yuzu told the interviewer that he was going to try to show a change in his character as the Lord from when he first appears on the scene and at the end when he helps out the businessman.

The reason why Yuzu appears to be barging into the room and taking the place of honour is because the director wanted it this way. The other cast members had not been told who would be playing the Lord of Sendai, Date Shigemura, and this was the director's dramatic way of allowing the cast members to discover for themselves that the famous Yuzuru Hanyu was playing this part.

At one point, the director was asked what he thought of Yuzu's acting and he replied that he was impressed with how much better he was than he had anticipated. He said that he did not think that Yuzu would get this deep into his character.

One of the actors said that he was impressed with Yuzu's acting. He said that he was very Tono-like (Lord-like). He said he was beautiful. He said that being an elite athlete, he has the motivation to do the best he can.

The young male actor said that he was impressed since Yuzu told him that this was his first time acting. He said that Yuzu is the sort of person that anyone would be happy being with. He said that as he was standing next to him, he was overcome with the urge to ask Yuzu for a picture together. This actor started laughing as he said this as he was embarrassed.

It’s hard to believe that it has been six years since this film was made. I bought a Blu-ray disc of this film.

Happy Easter everyone :grouphug:

I have to tell a really nice story from today:

We decided to celebrate Easter together with the neighbors from our house who stayed at home this weekend. Many live alone and have no family to visit, so after the long pandemic it was nice for everyone to sit together a bit and turn the grill in the backyard on :tumblr_inline_ncmifaymmi1rpglid:

To my surprise, two of our neighbors (both older than 60) asked me how Yuzu is doing. I was completely baffled at first, but later found out that my mom had told them about Yuzu some time ago and even showed them some of his performances :laughing: So they tuned in to watch him in Beijing and were very impressed by his skating, Rondo especially. They asked me when he will skate next time, and I offered them to stream FaOI from my computer if possible :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

It's so great to see that people of all age groups are hooked by his skating and I hope that he knows how much love and support he gets :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

26 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

We decided to celebrate Easter together with the neighbors from our house who stayed at home this weekend. Many live alone and have no family to visit, so after the long pandemic it was nice for everyone to sit together a bit and turn the grill in the backyard on :tumblr_inline_ncmifaymmi1rpglid:

To my surprise, two of our neighbors (both older than 60) asked me how Yuzu is doing. I was completely baffled at first, but later found out that my mom had told them about Yuzu some time ago and even showed them some of his performances :laughing: So they tuned in to watch him in Beijing and were very impressed by his skating, Rondo especially. They asked me when he will skate next time, and I offered them to stream FaOI from my computer if possible :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

It's so great to see that people of all age groups are hooked by his skating and I hope that he knows how much love and support he gets :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

I love that they were asking you how he is doing like he is now their grandson :smiley-love017:

Hace 1 hora, Henni147 said:

Yes, it's amazing. Many people all around the world, of different ages and from different walks of life, are moved by Yuzu's skating and personality. I really hope he knows this.