General Yuzuru Chat

I am convinced that if Yuzu had been here and skated as well as he can, he would have been in first with much better scores than these, and Shoma probably would not have gotten what he did. At competitions like this where the top competitors are missing,  higher scores than normal are often given to the remaining top competitors to make it more interesting and make it look like nothing is missing. I am not kidding, I've seen it before in my 35+  years of watching skating. I am absolutely not surprised to see these scores.

I've been looking for a bit for a video. It's from an ice show most likely where Yuzu is introduced and the announcer goes like "yuzuruuuu" *then yuzu jumps* "hanyuuu* and yuzu lands on point with his name.  

I'll probably find it if I have patience enough to properly look for it, but it's been in my head for 3 days now. Can anyone help, please? 0:)

2 hours ago, LiaRy said:

I've been looking for a bit for a video. It's from an ice show most likely where Yuzu is introduced and the announcer goes like "yuzuruuuu" *then yuzu jumps* "hanyuuu* and yuzu lands on point with his name.  

I'll probably find it if I have patience enough to properly look for it, but it's been in my head for 3 days now. Can anyone help, please? 0:)

He kind of does that for a lot of the ice shows so I'm not quite sure... 4:13 here (https://www. youtube.com/watch?v=YIH31F3zDMw) and 4.10 here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQpUbeJ6QVg)?

8 hours ago, Yuzuwinnie said:

Yeah, when we heard his first interviews after Olys FS we felt the despair in him, but now it might be that he'd choose to skate in comps despite everything (it's a matter of motivation/source of fulfillment — in the end we can only see by the sideline how he'd decide...)

8 hours ago, LiaRy said:

I think he tried to land his last jump on "Hanyuuu" at every FaOI opening in 2018 and 2019 (or maybe he asked the announcer to shout his name when he jumps lol).

He had a successful attempt here too (around 4:33) :

Spoiler

10 hours ago, liv said:

I am convinced that if Yuzu had been here and skated as well as he can, he would have been in first with much better scores than these, and Shoma probably would not have gotten what he did. At competitions like this where the top competitors are missing,  higher scores than normal are often given to the remaining top competitors to make it more interesting and make it look like nothing is missing. I am not kidding, I've seen it before in my 35+  years of watching skating. I am absolutely not surprised to see these scores.

Thank you for your comment. I am desperately trying to make any sense of the figure skating scoring :scratch3:...it looks like the rule book is just suggestive guide for the judges and they apply it in every competition according their current state of mind, so the scores can vary a lot from competion to another.

Like yesterday's high scores in men's SP competition only tells that in this particular competiton these skaters did well and earned the scores they have, but it does not really reflect the real overall situation between skaters...

I fully agree with Henni 147, CostanzaR.d'O and Roseline Winter about what they said on Twitter ....so well said :clap:

https://twitter.com/CostanzaRdO/status/1506361422107885574?t=d7wndDMGVd3XFlmO8oIbUQQ&s=03

8 hours ago, Sha said:

He kind of does that for a lot of the ice shows so I'm not quite sure... 4:13 here (https://www. youtube.com/watch?v=YIH31F3zDMw) and 4.10 here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQpUbeJ6QVg)?

2 hours ago, Pancake said:

I think he tried to land his last jump on "Hanyuuu" at every FaOI opening in 2018 and 2019 (or maybe he asked the announcer to shout his name when he jumps lol).

He had a successful attempt here too (around 4:33) :

Reveal hidden contents

Thank you both. The one from Kobe 2018 resembles the one I've been looking for, but I haven't seen that one until now. Anyway, now I can finally get that off my mind 😂

18 hours ago, Mary_kyo said:

The message of JSF to Yuzu was clear imo. I wonder what he will decide. 

I have not watched SP. But my Fanyu heart hurts when I see how FS has developed. :weeping: 

We all know that Yuzu loves skating. He could also participate in Ice shows .... without judges and scores. 😡 :facepalm: I just wish that he makes a decision for himself that he is happy with.

22 hours ago, Yuzuwinnie said:

and it's you who put this (I don't know what it's called: sorry) extract from his magnificent Rondo  :heartpound:   

Yuzuwinnie you don't have to apologize.:noshake: This is called signature :yes:

His smile at the end :heart:

Credit: @AikaAnnaHanyu on twitter

12 hours ago, Suzu said:

Bonsoir, contre toute attente j'ai réussi à regarder le programme court masculin aujourd'hui du début à la fin :graucho:et Yuzu m'a manqué à chaque seconde. Je ne suis pas assez qualifié pour dire quoi que ce soit sur les partitions, mais il y a eu des performances que j'ai aimées. J'ai bien aimé le programme de Kevin Amos même s'il y a eu une erreur qui lui a coûté beaucoup de points mais la chorégraphie était imaginative et il a une énergie formidable. Je pense que Shoma a très bien patiné, dans l'ensemble l'équipe du Japon a bien fait.

But I missed Yuzu, seeing those other skaters, I realized how Yuzu's skating is on a totally different level. It's a whole other experience to watch him skate. His performances are unforgettable moments of something that I have no words to describe. I completely forget everything else and just follow the story he tells with his skating.

And what stories <3, starting with the intriguing music, the costumes that reflect the theme perfectly, and the most ingenious choreography that Yuzuru is able to bring to life like no other.

I'm sure his performances will be watched again and again and every newcomer will be rated against him and his accomplishments. I honestly believe that the only one who can surpass Yuzuru is Yuzu himself. Will he find the motivation and the fire to continue in him, we will see... I hope he will hear a piece of music, that he will only have to skate:animated-smileys-angels-151:

I'm just watching free skate pairs right now, Vanessa James 34 and Eric Radford 37, and they've done really well... so age is just a number  ;)

Hello, I suppose you saw this program on Eurosport? (I don't know what country you are from?) and I don't have it, so I have to wait on youtube to see this program in full, because for the moment there is only that of Shoma and Yuma.... : I'll be patient and surely it will be visible in the afternoon and I'll see my 2 frenchies and it's true that Kevin has a rather special choreography : eh YES he misses Yuzu  :softyuzu: and I sincerely think that when he's healed / rested he will come back to us with his marvelous programs  :girlsigh: and like you  : iagree:has what Henni wrote 

:thankssign:Annie for your understanding and kind answer which I appreciate and, now, I would know what it is  :peace2: and YES Yuzu is also like a dragonfly flying on a frozen lake 

1 hour ago, Suzu said:

I fully agree with Henni 147, CostanzaR.d'O and Roseline Winter about what they said on Twitter ....so well said :clap:

https://twitter.com/CostanzaRdO/status/1506361422107885574?t=d7wndDMGVd3XFlmO8oIbUQQ&s=03

Thank you for sharing - I also agree with everything that's been written there. He also seems to have two strategies:

Extra 1.0: still playing according to the rules, perfecting his programs to add difficult elements and  details, calculating everything to break the point barrier in both programmes, but also not betraying the quality, not compromising with any hidden PR or other cheated elements. 

Extra 2.0: anticipating that Extra 1.0 may not work plus this is what he wants to do anyway, i.e. adding 4A, sending messages in different often subtle ways that he is aware of the scoring issue and him being mistreated, then through his thesis - about the need to heal the sport and introduce new scoring support methods to restore justice. 

Naturally, any decision he makes will be respected. But he did win in Japan, not so long ago, with two OG medalists, now at the top after SP Worlds. He's simply better now, only if his ankle heels and he's healthy, he can be winning again. But also his victory may have different faces. 

34 minutes ago, Yuzuwinnie said:

Hello, I suppose you saw this program on Eurosport? (I don't know what country you are from?) and I don't have it, so I have to wait on youtube to see this program in full, because for the moment there is only that of Shoma and Yuma.... : I'll be patient and surely it will be visible in the afternoon and I'll see my 2 frenchies and it's true that Kevin has a rather special choreography : eh YES he misses Yuzu  :softyuzu: and I sincerely think that when he's healed / rested he will come back to us with his marvelous programs  :girlsigh: and like you  : iagree:has what Henni wrote 

:thankssign:Annie for your understanding and kind answer which I appreciate and, now, I would know what it is  :peace2: and YES Yuzu is also like a dragonfly flying on a frozen lake 

Hello,  I am from Finland :wave:. Finnish national TV proadcasting company streamed the whole SP but unfortunately it is available only in Finland. I hope you will see your Frenchies on YT videos. I have to say that I also adore your ice dancers <3  Over the years, I think French skaters always have had intresting programs. They are like Yuzuru,

inventive and not ever compromizing the artistic aspect of figure skating.

1 hour ago, Sun_Rise said:

Thank you for sharing - I also agree with everything that's been written there. He also seems to have two strategies:

Extra 1.0: still playing according to the rules, perfecting his programs to add difficult elements and  details, calculating everything to break the point barrier in both programmes, but also not betraying the quality, not compromising with any hidden PR or other cheated elements. 

Extra 2.0: anticipating that Extra 1.0 may not work plus this is what he wants to do anyway, i.e. adding 4A, sending messages in different often subtle ways that he is aware of the scoring issue and him being mistreated, and though his thesis - about the need to heal the sport and introduce new scoring support methods to restore justice. 

Naturally, any decision he makes will be respected. But he did win in Japan, not so long ago, with two OG medalists, now at the top after SP Worlds. He's simply better now, only if his ankle heels and he's healthy, he can be winning again. But also his victory may have different faces. 

I agree, he is now the best he has ever been but unfortunately his injuries have played a big part regarding his placement on the podium ( he should have permanent G.O.A.T stand there in every FS award ceremonies whether he participates the competition or not)  I firmly believe he was and still is unbeatable if he was/ is able to skate without injuries.

I know I shouldn't say this out loud, because the decision of the re..re..nt  (I can't even write the word) is only his and he will be loved and supported whatever his decision may be, but Iam saying anyway: I wish he would continue competitive skating...there I said it  :graucho:.

Partly I wish it for very selfish reason; we would be seeing his skating much more than just in ice shows which probably will be presented only in Japan.

Partly because I think he is the only one really bushing figure skating to the new never before seen dimensions. His competition programs are so inventive and ingenious and demading so much skill that I doubt there will perhaps never come a skater who could perform the way Yuzu does.

I am so not ready to give up him and return to  dulness of usual figure skating seen thousand of times before :243:

1 hour ago, Suzu said:

Hello, I'm from Finland :wave:. The Finnish National Broadcasting Company broadcast the entire SP, but unfortunately it is only available in Finland. Hope you see your Frenchies on YT videos. I must say that I also love your ice dancers <3  Over the years, I think French skaters have always had interesting programs. They are like Yuzuru,

inventive and without ever compromising the artistic aspect of figure skating.

Hello Finland : OK for the broadcast and I still have to wait to see everything, well I had the press conference + small medals ..... I can well admit that my dear G&G are the best at the moment (for 1 time) and which is rare  :2thumbsup: , of course I really appreciate their gestures at the beginning of their MS (I read that they had had advice from a Cirque du Soleil artist, since they train at Montreal) and for my part Yuzu is apart, so much he refines his programs thoroughly    and Kévin and Adam are not bad too and as a lady Léa will not do an FS unfortunately ...... 

https://www.msn.com/fr-fr/sport/other/mondiaux-de-patinage-artistique-triplé-japonais-sur-le-programme-court-messieurs-adam-siao-him-fa-à- la-10e-place/ar-AAVsEO0?li=AAaCKnE     and I translate a passage from youtube in the tweet : "Annick says it's moving / subtle / refined and Nelson adds that he's better than Yuma and that there is no photo and again Annick says that Shoma's base values are going to be important in relation to his choice of quads and they talk about the NC record which is 113.97 "I only quoted what I 've heard and nothing about Yuzu and yet P Candeloro was quite in FAITH and said that Yuzu is his friend!!!!! 

And to finish a BB and young Yuzu who was combative (proof in pictures) in practice and honored in his young competitions and, I think, this is his period before he left for the TCC and Yuzu in 2022 is like good wine, it gets better with age :surprised_pikachu:  

1 hour ago, Yuzuwinnie said:

Hello Finland : OK for the broadcast and I still have to wait to see everything, well I had the press conference + small medals ..... I can well admit that my dear G&G are the best at the moment (for 1 time) and which is rare  :2thumbsup: , of course I really appreciate their gestures at the beginning of their MS (I read that they had had advice from a Cirque du Soleil artist, since they train at Montreal) and for my part Yuzu is apart, so much he refines his programs thoroughly    and Kévin and Adam are not bad too and as a lady Léa will not do an FS unfortunately ...... 

https://www.msn.com/fr-fr/sport/other/mondiaux-de-patinage-artistique-triplé-japonais-sur-le-programme-court-messieurs-adam-siao-him-fa-à- la-10e-place/ar-AAVsEO0?li=AAaCKnE     and I translate a passage from youtube in the tweet : "Annick says it's moving / subtle / refined and Nelson adds that he's better than Yuma and that there is no photo and again Annick says that Shoma's base values are going to be important in relation to his choice of quads and they talk about the NC record which is 113.97 "I only quoted what I 've heard and nothing about Yuzu and yet P Candeloro was quite in FAITH and said that Yuzu is his friend!!!!! 

And to finish a BB and young Yuzu who was combative (proof in pictures) in practice and honored in his young competitions and, I think, this is his period before he left for the TCC and Yuzu in 2022 is like good wine, it gets better with age :surprised_pikachu:  

Thank you for the info about G&G..aah Cirque du Soleil :SunFace:  I love them too. I guess there is one more common denominator between G&G and Yuzu: they are willing and able to search for knowledge and help from other gifted people outside figure skating in order to improve their performances.

The  Annick/ Nelson video wasn't unfortunately available in my country but it is ok, I sort of can guess what they were talking about.

I am so sorry for Kevin, it feels really really unfair that one mistake costs so much, just  like Yuzu's in SP in the Olympics.

Thank you for the Yuzu video. It was nostalgic :loveeyes: there was that exact moment from WC 2012 Free skate when I became a fan of Yuzuru. I can still remember the moment I realized I am watching  a talent there has never been before. If it  is so nostagic for me to look back as a fan, I wonder how nostalgic it is for Yuzuru. He has truly had a wonderful journey within figure skating world and hopefully no regrets and hopefully journey continues :happy0158: